Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

02-16-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 7

No X to close program

2021-02-16, 23:14 PM

After opening an app, I click on the DOT at bottom of page to close the APP.  When I click on the square block (not sure what to call this button) the apps that have been opened are displayed.  SOMETIMES I get an X option on top of the app (to close) and other times there is no X.  Is there a setting somewhere that I can make sure that the X appears.  All I can do is CLEAR all the apps of which I do NOT want to do.

Thanks

Options

2399 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

260 Signins

23127 Page Views

• Views: 23127
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:No X to close program

2021-02-17, 14:16 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums @PEARKY!

Nice to have you here!

What type of Lenovo device are you using? 

Can you please share its MTM (machine type-model) number for us to check its specifications?

Also, does this only happens when trying to close a specific app?

You may check this link to see the exact steps on how you can close an app on your device.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

4 Posts

02-16-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2021-02-17, 14:25 PM

What type of Lenovo device are you using? 

Can you please share its MTM (machine type-model) number for us to check its specifications?

Model  Lenovo TB-X306F Tablet  with Android 10

Lenovo Tab M10 HD

Also, does this only happens when trying to close a specific app?

No.  I can have 1 app waiting to clear out or 4, makes no difference there is no X to close a specific app.  However, every once and a while the X option will appear.  Can't find a way to make things consistent

Thanks for responding

Options

4 Posts

02-16-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2021-02-17, 14:32 PM

I need to add that when the X DOES APPEAR there is the UNLOCK icon to the left of the X.  All the icons are displayed in the UPPER RIGHT outer corner of the app.

Options

2399 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

260 Signins

23127 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2021-02-17, 14:49 PM

@ PEARKY wrote:

I need to add that when the X DOES APPEAR there is the UNLOCK icon to the left of the X.  All the icons are displayed in the UPPER RIGHT outer corner of the app.

Thanks for responding @PEARKY!

Were you able to perform the steps that's on the link that I have provided to you?

It says in there that you can close app/apps by:

• Close one app: Swipe up from the bottom, hold, then let go. Swipe up on the app.
  • Close all apps: Swipe up from the bottom, hold, then let go. Swipe from left to right. On the left, tap Clear all.
  • Find your Home screen: Tap Home  or Home .

You may also check the apps that you're using if there's an available update to it through the My games & apps section of Google Play store and download/install it from there then test if you can close them properly again.

Though, the steps that's on the link that was provided to you usually gets the job done especially if the app that you're using doesn't have an Exit/Close option or window when trying to close it by just tapping the back button multiple times.

Regards,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

02-16-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2021-02-17, 14:54 PM

I was aware of the swiping technique but LOVE the X option.  I have a bluetooth mouse on the tablet and it is a piece of cake to click on the X.  If there is no reason why the X does not appear I will have to revert back to the swiping method when the X does not appear.  Is there a setting somewhere that I can turn on/off the X option?

THanks

Options

2399 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

260 Signins

23127 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2021-02-17, 17:17 PM

@ PEARKY wrote:

I was aware of the swiping technique but LOVE the X option.  I have a bluetooth mouse on the tablet and it is a piece of cake to click on the X.  If there is no reason why the X does not appear I will have to revert back to the swiping method when the X does not appear.  Is there a setting somewhere that I can turn on/off the X option?

THanks

Thanks for the update @PEARKY!

Usually, the X or close icon is located on the upper right corner of the screen when you're attempting to close an app.

However and as what I have stated in my previous response, some apps may or may not have that option and can be only customized like for example, connecting a Bluetooth mouse like you have mentioned.

Another thing to consider here is that there are also some apps that is optimized for the device's screen itself. 

Those apps are either launched in full screen mode or in window mode depending on how it was customized to work for the machine by the app support/developer.

Regards,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms