Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

5537 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

407 Signins

39817 Page Views

• Views: 39817
  • Message 11 of 12

Re:P11 indicates I don't have adequate storage when I try to install new apps.

2021-06-14, 21:56 PM

@ cameraz wrote:

Thank you, but I did all of this. I formatted my microSD card in my Leonovo Tab 11 but it will not let me do anything with it.

Here' the problem: I have a folder with photos and another with videos on my phone. I would like to put these folders on my tablet. The only way to do this, apparently, is to put the SD card into my computer, hook the phone up to my computer, and then copy the files over. But when I re-insert the SD card into my Tab 11, it asks me to format it again, wiping out all the files on the card.

Thanks for the update @ cameraz!

If the files that you have on your phone are already saved/copied into your computer, insert the SD Card into the Tab P11 for it to be formatted then once done, connect it to the computer and try moving the files that you wanted again.

You may also check this link as well as this other link for additional steps in moving files from PC and to your Tab P11.

Also and if possible, try using a different MicroSD card into your Tab P11 and see if the issue will still occur.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
<

Options

23 Posts

11-08-2017

United States of America

45 Signins

221 Page Views

• Views: 221
  • Message 12 of 12

Re:P11 indicates I don't have adequate storage when I try to install new apps.

2021-06-24, 3:08 AM

Thanks for the update @ cameraz!

If the files that you have on your phone are already saved/copied into your computer, insert the SD Card into the Tab P11 for it to be formatted then once done, connect it to the computer and try moving the files that you wanted again.

You may also check this link as well as this other link for additional steps in moving files from PC and to your Tab P11.

Also and if possible, try using a different MicroSD card into your Tab P11 and see if the issue will still occur.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Sorry, but none of the suggestions you offered work!

When I format an  SD card in my Tab 11 and then connect the Tab to my computer, the SD card does not show up.

When I format an SD card in my Tab 11, and then put the SD card in my computer, it shows up as 2 separate drives. One of the drives will not allow me to copy anything to it until I format it. After copying my files over, and putting the SD card back into my Tab 11, I get 2 messages:

SanDisk SD card corrupted

SanDisk SD card not inserted

So I format the card again in my Tab 11 and I get the messages:

SanDisk SD Card missing

Insert Device again

In each case, after plugging my Tab into my computer, I go on the tablet to Settings / USB Preferences / File Transfer. But the SD card is not showing up on my computer, although it is showing up as storage on my Tab.

I have tried this many times with two brand-new microSD cards that work perfectly in other tablets and cameras. I have also tried the suggestions on the pages you linked to, and nothing works. All I can say at this point is that I must have a defective tablet.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms