Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

11-28-2016

United States of America

6 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 2

Phab 2 Pro PB2-690Y Unable to switch to Android UI or install Google Dialer, awful notification.

2016-11-29, 19:19 PM

Excellent device, however below are a my biggest gripe and annoyances;

1. - No Android UI - I had the impression before buying the device that I could switch between Vibe UI and plain vanilla Android UI, however that feature is not present on this phone. I resorted to using Google Now launcher but still the Notifications drawer and many apps eg Dialer are still not Stock. Google spent a whole lot of brains and money to create Material UI and some of us love it!... please give us the choice.
  2. - Awful Awful Notification - Notifications are almost 50% of how we now interact with the OS, and Google has done and excellent job with Android Notifications, they are the gold standard in the mobile space, why replace it with this awful customization? the transparency makes things soo hard to read. What Lenovo has done is impossible to understand. If you are going to replace something, it better be very good, actually it should be better than what is being replaced, and this is not good!.. it actually sucks very much. No apologies there. Please just fix this!.... did I say how awful the Vibe UI notifications are?
  3. - Unable to install/sideload Google Dialer  and many apk's... why?... even Nexus devices are not this closed. Please remove this restrictions.
Options

919 Posts

07-05-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1521 Signins

5917 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 5917
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Phab 2 Pro PB2-690Y Unable to switch to Android UI or install Google Dialer, awful notification.

2016-12-01, 11:16 AM

Hello softweainjinia,
Welcome to the Community.
Thank you for your comments on the Phab2 Pro.
wrote:

Excellent device, however below are a my biggest gripe and annoyances;

1. - No Android UI - I had the impression before buying the device that I could switch between Vibe UI and plain vanilla Android UI, however that feature is not present on this phone. I resorted to using Google Now launcher but still the Notifications drawer and many apps eg Dialer are still not Stock. Google spent a whole lot of brains and money to create Material UI and some of us love it!... please give us the choice.
  2. - Awful Awful Notification - Notifications are almost 50% of how we now interact with the OS, and Google has done and excellent job with Android Notifications, they are the gold standard in the mobile space, why replace it with this awful customization? the transparency makes things soo hard to read. What Lenovo has done is impossible to understand. If you are going to replace something, it better be very good, actually it should be better than what is being replaced, and this is not good!.. it actually sucks very much. No apologies there. Please just fix this!.... did I say how awful the Vibe UI notifications are?
  3. - Unable to install/sideload Google Dialer  and many apk's... why?... even Nexus devices are not this closed. Please remove this restrictions.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms