Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

41 Posts

11-30-2012

Owenton Kentucky

65 Signins

408 Page Views

• Views: 408
  • Message 1 of 3

Power Drop while on charger A2109.

2013-02-14, 12:02 PM

Hi all:

I've had my A2109 for right at a week now.

And for all pourposes I love it, But I have a slight problem that I don't quite understand.

I'll be using my tablet while on power Lenovo Adapter it will be running at 100% for a couple of hours or so.

Then it will drop to 99% this happened the first night and after an hour or so it came back up to 100% I thought OK no big deal.

Followiing night I ran it on battery to 6% where it shut off, Ran it for awhile while on charger It charged up OK but I let it charge over night because it was only at about 29% charged when I went to bed.

It was charged the following morning 100%, That night I again ran it on battery until it was at about 70% then charged it back up to 100% in the matter of a couple of hours.

Next night it was finebstayed at 100%.

Tonight after a couple of hours again it dropped to 99% I thought well no big deal it will go back to 100% here in a few.

It didn't it stayed at 99% for approx 4hrs.

I was getting ready to shut down when I noticed it was at 98%?

The Power Adapter was warm but not overly, So I got out another Power Adapter that I have plugged it up and all of a sudden it popped up Fully Charged at 100% and this was all in a time frame of about 5mins from the time I switched Adapters.

Does ayone here have an Idea Whats going on?

I'd really hate to have to return my tablet for repacement where I bought it because  I got it from newegg.com, If it is only an Adapter problem as I feel it is.

But if it isn't and it is a problem wwith the tablet itself?

I know dealing with newegg will be a lot quicker then dealing with Lenovo.

Please advise with any opinions as to what I should do.

Or what can be done to fix this.

Or if this is normal?

I have an Acer Iconia A500 and have never had this problem.

But then again they didn't have a Switching Power Adapter.

I'm ost grateful for any advice that you can give me: Ricky

Answer
Options

1145 Posts

08-30-2012

United States of America

795 Signins

28316 Page Views

• Views: 28316

Re: Power Drop while on charger A2109.

2013-02-16, 11:04 AM

When it's fully charged, it will stop the charging and run off battery for a little while and may drop to 98-99% before starting to charge again.

You also have to consider that battery measurements typically aren't accurate enough to truly show charge down to the exact 1%.  I've seen both my GNex and my A2109 actually go up 1% while not on the charger simply by turning the screen on and off.

Replies(2)
Answer
Options

1145 Posts

08-30-2012

United States of America

795 Signins

28316 Page Views

• Views: 28316
  • Message 2 of 3

2013-02-16, 11:04 AM

When it's fully charged, it will stop the charging and run off battery for a little while and may drop to 98-99% before starting to charge again.

You also have to consider that battery measurements typically aren't accurate enough to truly show charge down to the exact 1%.  I've seen both my GNex and my A2109 actually go up 1% while not on the charger simply by turning the screen on and off.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

41 Posts

11-30-2012

Owenton Kentucky

65 Signins

408 Page Views

• Views: 408
  • Message 3 of 3

2013-02-25, 9:35 AM
Thanks mcl630.

I've been trying to find someone else who has this happen to them with their A2109 or something else that they own.
I called tech support and they said they never heard of this happening.

But it seemed reasonable for this to happen to protect the battery.
I have had it kick into charging mode once it hit 97% for awhile.
But most times even after 8 or 9 hours on AC it never usually gets down past 98%.
I guess it sort of trickle charges to help maintain it but just not quite enough t keep it fully charged, until like you said it drops to a certain point.

I've NO COMPLAINTS about this tablet So Full Featured for such a GREAT PRICE.....

Thanks Again: Ricky
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms