Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

03-01-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 6

Precision Pen 2 Alternative

2021-03-01, 11:30 AM

Does anyone know if there is an alternative pen that can be used with the P11 tablet instead of the Precision Pen 2?

I ordered the tablet and the pen practically as soon as it was released.  The parcel was lost in transit by UPS and after about a month or pushing both UPS and Lenovo, I finally got a replacement sent - without the pen.  The pen has now gone missing from the website and I can't get any response from Lenovo on why or if it will come back.

So, is there an alternative that will work?

Options

5652 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

413 Signins

40532 Page Views

• Views: 40532
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Precision Pen 2 Alternative

2021-03-01, 17:32 PM

@ Feanor1966 wrote:

Does anyone know if there is an alternative pen that can be used with the P11 tablet instead of the Precision Pen 2?

I ordered the tablet and the pen practically as soon as it was released.  The parcel was lost in transit by UPS and after about a month or pushing both UPS and Lenovo, I finally got a replacement sent - without the pen.  The pen has now gone missing from the website and I can' get any response from Lenovo on why or if it will come back.

So, is there an alternative that will work?

Welcome to the Community Forums @Feanor1966!

Glad to have you here!

You may check with other third party stores (physical and online) to see or inquire if they do have a Lenovo Precision Pen 2 in stock since that's the only pen that is fully compatible to work with the Lenovo Tab P11 itself.

Other pen(s) can be paired to the device but will it will just emulate the gestures when navigating through the Tab P11 using a finger (stylus) and may not offer the full features as well though, you may get in touch with the manufacturer to inquire if it can also offer the full feature that the Lenovo Precision Pen 2 have.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
<

Options

45 Posts

12-10-2020

Australia

35 Signins

340 Page Views

• Views: 340
  • Message 3 of 6

2021-03-05, 4:41 AM

This YouTube review talks a bit about active pen support - some third party pens do work. Note that this is regarding the P11 Pro though, I *guess* it probably also applies to the P11 but I don't know for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwlsYERsE2c&t=697s < At ~11:37

Options

1 Posts

05-07-2021

Brazil

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 4 of 6

2021-05-07, 1:10 AM

I just bought the Lenovo p11 pro, before doing all the updates I went to test the pen and the cursor was working perfectly.  However, after I have made all the updates the cursor no longer appears, what should I do? 

Options

5652 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

413 Signins

40532 Page Views

• Views: 40532
  • Message 5 of 6

2021-05-07, 14:45 PM

@ Sr.Pato wrote:

I just bought the Lenovo p11 pro, before doing all the updates I went to test the pen and the cursor was working perfectly.  However, after I have made all the updates the cursor no longer appears, what should I do? 

Hello @ Sr.Pato!

Thanks for posting here at the Community Forums!

If you're also using the Lenovo Precision Pen 2 for your Tab P11 Pro and the cursor isn't visible anymore after doing updates, try resetting the device first and fully charge the Precision Pen 2 then test it again afterwards.

Should the step above didn't worked, proceed in performing a factory reset to your Tab P11 Pro then test the Lenovo Precision Pen 2 again.

Make sure to backup your files first since factory reset will erase all data that's stored in the device.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
<

Options

5 Posts

05-13-2021

Canada

9 Signins

85 Page Views

• Views: 85
  • Message 6 of 6

2021-07-11, 6:20 AM

If you have a P 11 Pro tablet, you have options (these options are not available for owners of the P-11 (not pro) model).  Many of the MS Surface Pro pens and equivalents work with the P 11-pro.  I believe they need to be the N-trig models which were made starting with the Surface 3 and beyond.  They can save you a considerable amount versus the Precision Pen 2.  The P -11 Pro appears to have both technologies built into it (the Wacom AES and the N-trig).  People who have purchased certain surface Pro pens have reported excellent results when used on the P 11 pro.

Unfortunately, the P 11 (not pro) will apparently only work with the Wacom AES technology.  Some have reported the Wacom Bamboo active will also work.  It also uses the AES technology, but Wacom pens can be tuned to work only with certain digitizers, so not all AES technology pens will work with all AES digitizing screens.  It just so happens the Bamboo active allows for a wider frequency range, as a 3rd party product so it can work with a wider group of tablets.

If other people have encountered experiences with these different combinations, please post so others can locate alternative pens, since the Precision 2 is not readily available around the world and is a premium priced device.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms