Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

28 Posts

11-22-2011

Deep South

203 Signins

980 Page Views

• Views: 980
  • Message 1 of 6

Problem with after sale support...

2011-12-06, 13:43 PM

Are others experiencing issues with dramatic changes in shipping dates weeks after purchase or problems obtaining a replacement for a defective product?  The following text was posted in the shipping thread but since it is more about Lenovo's business practices I thought it was worthy of it's own thread:

Ditto on changing ship dates for my K1.  Original date 11/2? changed to 12/5 then changed to 12/6.  Just changed again to 1/10.  There goes XMAS gift to wife!  Looked for alternative but no joy on deals like I could have gotten a couple weeks ago.  I suspect that all tablet vendors are having a great holiday season given the changes in availability and pricing I have seen.

I also am having major problems with an A1 I purchased that is to be my daughter's Christmas gift.  It was determined to be defective and was I given a case number. To be fair, the support organization was easy to contact and did their job well.  Now the problem begins.  It took more than a week to get through to the post sales folks who handle the replace process.  You really don't want to hear about the painful waits, terminated calls having talked to no one, or difficulty understanding EVERY person I have talked to except those in sales.  The last call was a hoot! First of all I changed the long wait process by calling the sales department.  Of course they answered right away and spoke with a dialect I could understand.  They could not help with the A1 issue so I was transferred to some foreign land again and was told for the third time that an email to detail the process should arrive soon.  I asked to talk to a supervisor and was told the supervisor had gone home.  After several iterations of asking for meaningful info I got no more than another promise that an email would be sent to me by him within a couple hours.  It is now ten hours later and I have not received any emails from Lenovo.  I guess he and the oracle that was going to send me "THE MYTHICAL PROCESS" have gone home too.

I have purchased many products from Lenovo and have always been satisfied. How things have changed!

The ship date for the K1 changed after I talked to sales last evening.  So when the sun rises today I will be lighting up every Lenovo number I can find until I get some satisfaction on both issues.  They put me in a box and they will either fix these issues or I will begin my own process with never ending phone calls and/or reviews detailing my experience all over the internet.  I am retired now so I have all the time in the world.   

Lenovo, if you are listening, my career was computer sales and service so I know how it should be done.  When I went to work for IBM in 1968, every manager had a sign on their desk with a single capitalized word; THINK.  And they did.  Lenovo has retained this word for product names and even includes it in their email addresses.  I suggest you start using it in the context of reTHINKing the way you are handling this end of your business.

Answer
Options

28 Posts

11-22-2011

Deep South

203 Signins

980 Page Views

Re: Problem with after sale support...

2011-12-07, 21:51 PM

Your forecast was spot on, mclandytm.  Retailers are starting to get inventory.  Just ordered an in stock 32GB K1 from newegg for $299.  FYI, my discussion Lenovo today actually went quite well.  Was told that they expect to ship some starting in a couple days and he offered to put me on a priority list.  Keep in mind that my order was for Leather so I don't know if it applies to you.  I explained that I wanted to wrap this up before supply ran short again so I needed a commitment, not an estimate.  So I have canceled my order and he allowed me to keep the keyboard and apologized many times for the hassle.  There is hope for Lenovo.

I still had not heard anything on how long it would take to replace my defective A1.  So I requested an RMA for it without replacement.  I received the RMA immediately.  I am reordering the 16GB A1 from newegg which they are suppose to have in within a couple days.  The preorder price is $199 and I am quite confident in delivery based on experience with them.

By the way, for folks wondering how I feel about the IdeaPad tablets tablets, not only did I order the K1 and A1, I ordered another A1 for my son and my daughter ordered an A1 for her son based on my suggestion.  Gottta tell you that discussions with my wife and daughter have been very delicate as I sort of keep them informed about gifts for others without them knowing that they are getting the same thing.  Ah, the joys of holiday giving.:smileyhappy:

Replies(5)
Options

20 Posts

12-06-2011

maine

26 Signins

144 Page Views

• Views: 144
  • Message 2 of 6

2011-12-06, 15:56 PM

Best Buy $319.00.  I got mine from BH Photo for the same price. Free Shipping .

Options

28 Posts

11-22-2011

Deep South

203 Signins

980 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2011-12-06, 19:03 PM

Thanks for the thought.

Best Buy --- Out of stock online and at stores.

B&H -- Out of stock, $449

Sear -- Sold Out

Amazon -- $350 white or silver only from less that great seller.

I purchased Leather back which is only available from Lenovo and they included a free keyboard that I received more than a week ago.  The day I purchased this from Lenovo, Amazon had the 32MB black for $299 and the keyboard for $45.  They were both available with Amazon prime.  I paid $30 more including taxes for the leather from Lenovo.  Would never have done it with a realistic ship date.

I've been looking and can't find any reasonably priced sources that have it available. 

Options

266 Posts

08-27-2009

Virginia, USA

804 Signins

3933 Page Views

• Views: 3933
  • Message 4 of 6

2011-12-06, 19:34 PM
As I mentioned in the other forum, I'm having the same problem with the K1 shipping dates. Originally ordered on 11/15, with an estimated shipping date of 11/28, which has since slipped to 12/6, then 12/23, and now 1/10. I could understand a slip of a week or two, but slipping a month and a half from the original estimate (and 2 months from order date) is absolutely crazy. I suspect the individual online orders are being sacrificed to fulfill holiday inventory demand from retail outlets. Despite being a terrible example of customer service, I could almost forgive them if they would just come clean and tell me the truth about my order status, but in my call to Sales yesterday, they wouldn't/couldn't tell me for sure that my ship date had slipped, or by how much. I like Lenovo products, but in terms of sales and fulfillment support, I've never seen any other company that is this bad.
Answer
Options

28 Posts

11-22-2011

Deep South

203 Signins

980 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2011-12-07, 21:51 PM

Your forecast was spot on, mclandytm.  Retailers are starting to get inventory.  Just ordered an in stock 32GB K1 from newegg for $299.  FYI, my discussion Lenovo today actually went quite well.  Was told that they expect to ship some starting in a couple days and he offered to put me on a priority list.  Keep in mind that my order was for Leather so I don't know if it applies to you.  I explained that I wanted to wrap this up before supply ran short again so I needed a commitment, not an estimate.  So I have canceled my order and he allowed me to keep the keyboard and apologized many times for the hassle.  There is hope for Lenovo.

I still had not heard anything on how long it would take to replace my defective A1.  So I requested an RMA for it without replacement.  I received the RMA immediately.  I am reordering the 16GB A1 from newegg which they are suppose to have in within a couple days.  The preorder price is $199 and I am quite confident in delivery based on experience with them.

By the way, for folks wondering how I feel about the IdeaPad tablets tablets, not only did I order the K1 and A1, I ordered another A1 for my son and my daughter ordered an A1 for her son based on my suggestion.  Gottta tell you that discussions with my wife and daughter have been very delicate as I sort of keep them informed about gifts for others without them knowing that they are getting the same thing.  Ah, the joys of holiday giving.:smileyhappy:

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

9380 Posts

11-27-2007

Slovakia

15518 Signins

2040239 Page Views

• Views: 2040239
  • Message 6 of 6

2012-08-21, 13:13 PM

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms