Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

15 Posts

11-05-2018

Ireland

18 Signins

246 Page Views

• Views: 246
  • Message 1 of 7

Productivity Mode feedback

2021-03-01, 9:29 AM

I have a P11 (not pro) with keyboard cover and am getting to grips with your proprietary Productivity Mode.

Any app that doesn't support it is displayed in portrait mode in a small window on the landscape desktop. You currently have to switch Productivity Mode off, then relaunch the app to get it to run in landscape.

Can I request the following enhancements:

1. For an app that doesn't know about the mode, can you please give us the maximise button or allow window resizing. Currently we only have minimise and close on the window's title bar. If that proves too difficult then just let it run in landscape mode following the normal screen rotation functionality.
  2. There is no way to completely turn off Productivity Mode. It automatically turns on when I connect the keyboard. I have to go to the Notification bar icon and turn it off again to use an unsupported app in a decent size window.

You really need to better support these apps that know nothing of Productivity Mode. 

Thanks

Anthony

Options

1989 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

240 Signins

21027 Page Views

• Views: 21027
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:Productivity Mode feedback

2021-03-01, 17:18 PM

@ TonyJewell wrote:

I have a P11 (not pro) with keyboard cover and am getting to grips with your proprietary Productivity Mode.

Any app that doesn' support it is displayed in portrait mode in a small window on the landscape desktop. You currently have to switch Productivity Mode off, then relaunch the app to get it to run in landscape.

Can I request the following enhancements:

1. For an app that doesn' know about the mode, can you please give us the maximise button or allow window resizing. Currently we only have minimise and close on the window' title bar. If that proves too difficult then just let it run in landscape mode following the normal screen rotation functionality.
  2. There is no way to completely turn off Productivity Mode. It automatically turns on when I connect the keyboard. I have to go to the Notification bar icon and turn it off again to use an unsupported app in a decent size window.

You really need to better support these apps that know nothing of Productivity Mode. 

Thanks

Anthony

Hello @TonyJewell!

Nice to have you here at the Community Forums!

Thanks for sharing these ideas or suggestions, this will definitely help/assist a lot of users when it comes to using the device much more easier.

You may directly share this suggestions by going to the Lenovo support site and by clicking the blue Feedback button that's located in the right-side of the page.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

44 Posts

12-10-2020

Australia

34 Signins

330 Page Views

• Views: 330
  • Message 3 of 7

2021-03-04, 8:39 AM

Can you give an example of an app that isn’t resizable in Productivity Mode? For me, there appears to three levels of app compatibility:

1. Apps that fully support productivity mode. They have a maximise button. E.G. Firefox.
  2. Apps that don’t (fully) support productivity mode. They don’t have a maximise button but otherwise appear identical to type 1. They are draggable, resizable etc. E.G. Solid Explorer
  3. Apps that can’t be resized. These seem to be apps that don’t support split screen mode in normal use i.e. not that many. E.G. Dolby Atmos.

I’ve been looking at whether disabling Productivity Mode entirely is possible, and if so, safe to do so. Although, my reason is that the inclusion of Productivity Mode makes third party Launchers unusable, even when turned off!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Android-based-Tablets-and-Phablets/Tab-P11-Pro-2-Bugs/m-p/5060432

One thing I have discovered is that Productivity Mode can only be enabled (manually, at least) on the main user profile. Third party Launchers seem to work fine with a secondary user profile, just not the main one!

I don’t know what happens if you use the official keyboard while using a secondary user profile – it may allow you to use the keyboard without switching on Productivity Mode. Although, as a solution, this may be as useful to you as it is me – it isn’t very practical to use a secondary user profile instead of a main profile.

Options

15 Posts

02-04-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

122 Signins

115 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 115
  • Message 4 of 7

2021-03-06, 11:53 AM
One note, the app TaskBar has some options for selecting a default size for new windows and also remembering the size you have set app windows to. Not sure if it plays well with productivity mode but it might be something to explore.
Options

15 Posts

11-05-2018

Ireland

18 Signins

246 Page Views

• Views: 246
  • Message 5 of 7

2021-04-07, 17:15 PM

Thanks for the heads up with TaskBar but I have reached my absolute limit with this "Productivity" Mode.

I need to disable it now. I am assuming that it is an addition to Android developed by Lenovo/Motorolla as it is a half baked implementation with just too many annoyances and broken functionality to not ignore.

@Adriel_lenovo How do I permanently disable this absolute nonsense.

Options

1 Posts

03-31-2021

Hong Kong S.A.R of China

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 6 of 7

2021-04-08, 3:51 AM

I fully agree. Productivity Mode in it's current form is the biggest let down of this otherwise great tablet. I use Citrix app which doesn't support Productivity Mode and it's a pain having to turn it off every time, as it keeps turning itself back on.

Options

44 Posts

12-10-2020

Australia

34 Signins

330 Page Views

• Views: 330
  • Message 7 of 7

2021-04-08, 6:27 AM

To add to the frustration, I discovered that a previous firmware for the P11 did have the ability to disable auto switching to Productivity Mode.

I'm hoping there is a good reason this feature was removed - perhaps it was bugged/didn’t work? Frustratingly, since Lenovo don’t bother with change logs etc. there is no way to know why it was removed.

Sorry for the photos (they are not mine).

P11 Auto Switch

P11 Firmware Version

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms