Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

11-21-2012

Vienna

5 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 1 of 5

[Q] a2107 adb recovery?

2012-11-21, 8:18 AM
I screwed up.
I just experimented with enabling phone mode on that device, after i had it rooted.
so i modified recomipled and signed the framework.apk but i had a typo in my script and the name of the new file is botched up.
My device instantly crashed of course. This is pretty forward to fix once i get access to /system in any way.. also i have a backup of that file on the pc.

Needless to say, without framework it wont boot. I *can* however get into recovery. but there is no adb option in there.
while i am in that menu, the pc recognices the device as "lenovo adb composite" but the adb does not seem to recognize it.
The drivers are set up correctly. the adb worked on the fully running device before the crash. (obviously, since i rooted it that way)

Any suggestions?
and what is the recovery menu point "download cap-firmware" doing exactly?
Is there a stock image somewhare that this thingy can flash?

any help and potential helpfull links very much appreciated, i googled half the night and found next to nothing..

Options

3 Posts

11-21-2012

Vienna

5 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: [Q] a2107 adb recovery?

2012-11-21, 11:28 AM

Solved.
appearantly the decive announces itself slightly differently in this mode.
solution:
The aur version of adb (arch linux) handles this correctly. no drivers needed.

so for all having problems, with this device, my recommendation for now: archlinux or archbang bang live, "packer -S adb" .. "adb shell"

Also, google voice is now fully working (making, recieving calls). I'll make a patching script once i get phone as well.

Options

1 Posts

12-04-2012

new york

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 5

2012-12-04, 13:42 PM

how did you root it? been scowering the web for answers. xda-developers, cyanogenmod etc. nothing

Options

40 Posts

11-28-2011

usa

41 Signins

165 Page Views

• Views: 165
  • Message 4 of 5

2012-12-04, 15:20 PM

good bit of traffic on this guy at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=34889800

Did you guys find the stock ROM or update thereof on lenovo download site?  I should think so... a link would be handy. need to build toolkit

Options

1 Posts

11-30-2016

United States of America

3 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 5 of 5

2016-12-01, 0:01 AM

my son has a lenovo tablet.. he was having problems getting things tosave to his sd card n couldnt down load more then one game because there was no storage. so i got on-line and started looking things up found some things about rooting n apps to download to move things. so i did the root down load and couldnt figurethe rest out.. so i reset to default settings and then did a system update.. n now i get a green guy that says no command. i tryed every option they have nothing is working.. i have no idea what i am doing and feel awful i might have ruiened my sons tablet.. any advice would be appriciated.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms