Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

11-02-2011

Florida

8 Signins

76 Page Views

• Views: 76
  • Message 1 of 6

Question About Loading Movies Into The IdeaPad K1 Memory

2011-11-02, 5:32 AM

Okay, I just ordered an Ideapad K1 Tablet and will arrive on Friday.  Keep in mind that I have no idea what most of the language used to ask questions and fix problems means, so please respond in layman's terms.  Here is my problem.  One of the main reasons I looked into buying a tallest was so that my grandchildren could watch movies and play games amongst other things.  I have an extensive digital movie library so I thought why not download the digital copy of some of their favorite movies into the tablet and have them available for them to watch when we are out and about.  Here is the problem, according to the salesperson at Best Buy (and we all know how knowledgeable they are, NOT) I will not be able to do this on this particular tablet, they suggested I go with an Acer Iconia which is running the same price.  Can anyone tell me if this is true since they tell me there is no USB port on the tablet and without one I will not be able to download movies into the tablets memory.  HELP!!  I am still in time to go with something else before it arrives.

Options

46 Posts

10-01-2011

USA

160 Signins

837 Page Views

• Views: 837
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Question About Loading Movies Into The IdeaPad K1 Memory

2011-11-02, 7:59 AM
Your tablet will come with a USB cable that plugs into a propritary port on the tablet and syncs/transfers files from the pc to the tablet. You will probably want to purchase a 32GB Microsdhc card to store more movies since the internal 32GB fills up pretty fast with large video files. Best wishes...
Options

2 Posts

11-02-2011

usa

2 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 3 of 6

2011-11-02, 11:54 AM
As long as the movies are not copy protected, you should move them over with the usb cable. If you want to add dvd or bluray movies to it, use dvdfab software. Also the stock video player doesnt play all video types. You can down load other video players from the market place, mx movie player
Options

4 Posts

11-02-2011

Florida

8 Signins

76 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2011-11-02, 15:38 PM

Thank you so much for the information.  I was really not looking forward to returning this tablet since I was very excited about purchasing it.  I hope since I am not as computer savvy as the rest of you computer gurus that do all kinds of great things with yours, maybe mine will not give me as many problems as the ones I have been reading about on the posts.  Anyway, can't wait to get mine and start using it, and if anything goes wrong at least I know I can come to you guys and will get help.  I was reading the blogs and forums for the Toshiba and Acer tablets and it seems that their complaints are addressed by the company and updates are rolled out accordingly.  The impression I have gotten from reading the posts is that many of the problems encountered with the Lenovo tablet have not been resolved and that is really too bad.  Let's see how it goes for me, hope it's good otherwise I will not in good conscience be able to recommend this tablet to friends, family and colleagues.

Options

4 Posts

11-02-2011

Florida

8 Signins

76 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2011-11-02, 15:43 PM
jtanchak,
again not being computer savvy, where would I get the dvdfab software? Also, let's say I was to add dvd movies, what video player would you recommend? Thank you for taking the time to respond to me and for the helpful info, I would not have known any of this.
Options

2 Posts

11-02-2011

usa

2 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 6 of 6

2011-11-02, 23:59 PM
You can just google it. It was the best and easiesrt software to use to put dvd movies onto any device.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms