Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

36 Posts

03-15-2012

Florida

639 Signins

1907 Page Views

• Views: 1907
  • Message 291 of 714

Re: [ROM][ICS]Ideapad K1 Official Release

2012-08-02, 15:45 PM

Cybie thanks,  I know I am in the CWM, but the problem is the Home button does not work for the selecting.  I can disable the power button's action of back menu by pressing both Vol. buttons at once.  This still does not allow me to make a selection.  Is there another method to perform this update?

Thanks,

Options

51 Posts

01-31-2012

Oregon

35 Signins

258 Page Views

• Views: 258
  • Message 292 of 714

2012-08-02, 15:58 PM

wrote:

Cybie thanks,  I know I am in the CWM, but the problem is the Home button does not work for the selecting.  I can disable the power button's action of back menu by pressing both Vol. buttons at once.  This still does not allow me to make a selection.  Is there another method to perform this update?

Thanks,

When you say selection, are you able to move the selector down to "install from zip" option? Once you are on that, you should be able to hit the HOME key to activate that selection.

If you are referring to getting to that selection, use the volume buttons to move up and down.

Here are the steps, one-by-one (to be sure you are going through them, when in CWM).

1. (Selector default at "reboot system now") - Press Volume down once ("install zip from sdcard")

2. Press the Oval Hardware HOME key

3. (Next Menu) - Default is "choose zip from sdcard" - Press Oval HOME key

4. use volume key(s) to move selector to your zip file (update.zip as you have renamed it)

- BTW, with CWM, you don't have to rename zip files to update.zip. Any name.zip works inside of CWM

5. Once file is selected, press Oval HOME key.

6. once finished, select root menu (easiest to just hit power a couple times) - Select reboot system now

I'm thinking that you were having a navigation issue and possibly not navigating to the filename??? I think these instruction will help. If they don't, and it's all because you can't get the Oval HOME key to select your option, I think you have a hardware failure??? I dont know of any other means of making a selection. may need to check with khanning for another option...

-Cybie

Options

51 Posts

01-31-2012

Oregon

35 Signins

258 Page Views

• Message 293 of 714

2012-08-02, 16:04 PM

wrote:
Do I need to connect the k1 to the computer to apply this changes?
Thanks

If you are referring to the build.prop change, no, you can download the file directly on your tablet. Then, using a root explorer app, such as ESFile Explorer, you can copy it to your /system folder after selecting options in ES Explorer to allow Root Directory and Root permissions (Read/Write).

It was mentioned by another about renaming the origninal build.prop to build.prop.bak before copying. Always a good idea in case something goes wrong.

@Everyone reading this... I do recommend that you make such changes via ADB connection. That way, if something fails, generally you can revert back via adb even if the OS fails to reboot completely due to a bad build.prop install... I'm not going to go through the steps of that because there are complications..Also, khanning mentioned putting this build.prop in the next update, so if you can wait if you dont' feel comfortable doing this, then I would just hold off. khanning has been working like crazy on this update, so I am sure he will have something new for us soon.

-Cybie

Options

36 Posts

03-15-2012

Florida

639 Signins

1907 Page Views

• Message 294 of 714

2012-08-02, 16:08 PM

The problem is the home key does not work while in CWM.  I assume this update fixes that.  I cannot get to the menu to select a file.  I can't get it to select anything.  I can move the cursor up and down with the vol buttons, but that is all.

I am using ICS 4.0.4 AOSP

Options

51 Posts

01-31-2012

Oregon

35 Signins

258 Page Views

• Message 295 of 714

2012-08-02, 16:10 PM

wrote:
Hey, just wanted to tell you that clearing up Google Framework Services might help as well since before doing that, chrome was still incompatible! It would go between step 4 and 5 I guess...

It seems to take a bit before the changes take effect within google for the device after changing the build.prop. So, either your suggestion will help speed those changes up, or the time it took you to do that was enough for the changes to propgate through Play Store. It can be an annoying thing to figure out when Google takes time to show us a difference. :)

Thanks for the suggestion! I will look into that and see if there is any improvement. As for now, seems that many are having luck with the build.prop and clearing data/cache from PlayStore.

-Cybie

Options

51 Posts

01-31-2012

Oregon

35 Signins

258 Page Views

• Message 296 of 714

2012-08-02, 16:13 PM

wrote:

The problem is the home key does not work while in CWM.  I assume this update fixes that.  I cannot get to the menu to select a file.  I can't get it to select anything.  I can move the cursor up and down with the vol buttons, but that is all.

I am using ICS 4.0.4 AOSP

The fix is when ICS is Up and Running and has nothing to do with CWM, other than a file that is flashed via CWM.

The only thing I can suggest is to reflash the AOSP. Might be a chance that you had a bad flash???

Also, what is the Locale and Tablet type? I'm in the US with a NON-3g tablet... Khanning mentioned his tablet being a WiFi only device, so maybe something different???

-Cybie

Options

36 Posts

03-15-2012

Florida

639 Signins

1907 Page Views

• Message 297 of 714

2012-08-02, 16:17 PM

It is a US with a NON-3g tablet.  Really odd.  I guess i can try to reflash.  I am having the same sdcard2 issue as well.  Read/write

Options

51 Posts

01-31-2012

Oregon

35 Signins

258 Page Views

• Message 298 of 714

2012-08-02, 16:18 PM

wrote:

Hey Khanning, somewhat related question:

Now that you have the K1 ICS source, do you plan on continuing with CM9 at some point?

As always, thank you for all your work.

Have a look here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=29486043&postcount=43

to answer that. It's a yes and a no. It all depends. But he is working on a JellyBean update. Once the two are golden, he mentions that CM9/CM10 will be easy to do if we wanted them.

- As many flavors as possible! :smileyvery-happy:

-Cybie

Options

51 Posts

01-31-2012

Oregon

35 Signins

258 Page Views

• Message 299 of 714

2012-08-02, 16:20 PM
@ronimus -
Let us know how the re-flash goes, if you do that. As for the SDCard2 issue, I'm sure khanning will have that fixed shortly. I'm seeking a short-term fix for that myself.

-Cybie
Options

57 Posts

12-31-2011

USA

140 Signins

1498 Page Views

• Views: 1498
  • Message 300 of 714

2012-08-02, 16:58 PM

@ronimus

Hopefully the reflash will fix the issue your having with the home button. Does your home button usually work? Just want to make sure its not physically broken. If the problem persists I can compile you a version of CWM that uses the power button to confirm a selection instead of the Home button.

Regarding the sdcard2 issue. Here is the fix. (This can be done with adb if you prefer that method)

1. Using a root file explorer navigate to /system/etc/permissions

2. Make sure the /system is mounted as r/w (Depends on the file explorer your using)

3. Open platform.xml in a text editor

4. Find the section for "android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" and change it to look like this:

Before:

<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >

<group gid="sdcard_rw" />
</permission>

After:

<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >

<group gid="sdcard_rw" />
        <group gid="media_rw" />
</permission>

5. Save the file and reboot. 

This will be incorporated into the next update. At this point I think we have enough small fixes to merit an update. I'll try to have a nvflash and CWM updated version for everyone tonight.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms