Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

12 Posts

06-18-2012

Indianapolis, IN

380 Signins

886 Page Views

• Views: 886
  • Message 451 of 714

Re: [ROM][ICS]Ideapad K1 Official Release

2012-08-09, 1:30 AM

wrote:

wrote:

For some reason, I cannot upgrade using the keyboard zip file.  I have renamed it upgrade.zip and placed it in the root directory of the sd card.  The CWM recovery program states that it cannot find it.  I have typed SU to get in to superuser mode, and then type k1recovery, and that works perfectly.  

Any help would be appreciated.

Are you loading the zip file on an external sdcard?  That is what worked for me.  I kept thinking it needed to be in the directory \sdcard but that is a part of the on board memory.  The file needs to be on a micro-sdcard in the sdcard slot on the side of the Ideapad K1 tablet.

Lamar

I never knew that!  I'll try that, thanks!

-Chris

Options

10 Posts

07-26-2012

Lincoln, NE

98 Signins

363 Page Views

• Views: 363
  • Message 452 of 714

2012-08-09, 1:50 AM
@khanning

Where I've noticed flash not working can be found here:

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=OAX&product=NCR&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

It should be a looping display of radar. Instead shows blank.

Also in my time warner cable tv app I can't watch live tv, shows black screen also but might be a seperate issue since that's within the app?
Options

28 Posts

03-09-2012

London

59 Signins

307 Page Views

• Views: 307
  • Message 453 of 714

Re: seeing SD cards in windows explorer on win xp

2012-08-09, 2:18 AM

wrote:

I'm on ICS AOSP 4.03 and my desktop is WINXP. Are people with the same configuration able to see K1 as a MTP device in Windows explorer when using USB data cable? No matter what I do, I cannot see my K1 internal and external SD cards in windows explorer XP (so far I have installed Android SDK, ADB drivers from lenoco, APX drivers, and Le Tools from Lenovo).

I also have an SGs2 and that appears fine via USB as storage devices (not MTP) on my win xp desktop

The best I have been able to do is use Le Tools to transfer files via USB - but its painfully slow process as I have over 25gb of files to copy back onto the K1

no answer? I am having a tough time transferring files back onto my K1 bacause of this ... and having to use a microSD card as a bridge.

Options

95 Posts

04-13-2012

USA

390 Signins

2291 Page Views

• Views: 2291
  • Message 454 of 714

2012-08-09, 2:42 AM

wrote:

no answer? I am having a tough time transferring files back onto my K1 bacause of this ... and having to use a microSD card as a bridge.

Have you tried installing the last Windows Media Player?  It includes the MTP for winXP.
Options

8 Posts

08-02-2012

croatia

63 Signins

187 Page Views

• Views: 187
  • Message 455 of 714

2012-08-09, 6:17 AM

wrote:

That's exactly what I'm asking for. People reported flash content not working so I need to know what exactly isn't working. For my test I googled flash video, clicked the first link, it loaded and started playing right away.

Flash content for me is hit or miss even with the stock browser. When I try to open the adobe flash player app to check its settings all I get is a black screen (no matter which browser I use). I was finally able to view the settings by doing the following - while holding down my finger to copy the web address of the adobe mobile settings site the screen will flicker on for 3 seconds or so, long enough to click on something, then it goes black again. I repeat the same process and then I can continue.

Having flash enabled in the dolphin browser causes it to be very buggy, frequently when closing out a tab and clicking on a speed dial link the browser just hangs and does not forward you to the requested link - you just end up staring at a blank tab. With flash on demand or disabled the browser works smoothly.

Options

51 Posts

01-31-2012

Oregon

35 Signins

258 Page Views

• Views: 258
  • Message 456 of 714

2012-08-09, 6:20 AM

wrote:

1) Put "update.zip" on the external SD card. You'll have to rename the keyboard fix zip file to "update.zip" if you haven't already.

For those flashing updates via CWM Recovery, there should be no need to rename the file to update.zip. update.zip is a method used for devices that seek for such file under normal updating procedures. CWM allows you to "select" the filename, therefore, no need for it to be anything specific (except a ZIP file). I've been working with CWM for quite some time on multiple devices, and if this has changed (which I installed the keybord fix zip file without renaming myself), it would be new to me.

One of the great things about CWM, and other Rooted Device Recoveries, is that you can have an update file in a zip package named whatever you want (makes it easy to identify), have as many updates sitting on your flash card, and even store them in a single folder for times when you need them (such as reflashing a ROM).

So, I hope this helps others and also makes it known that you can keep updates more organized bu name and not have to ask "Which update is that update.zip??"

-Cybie

Options

19 Posts

12-10-2011

Dortmund, Germany

332 Signins

1168 Page Views

• Views: 1168
  • Message 457 of 714

2012-08-09, 8:07 AM

ds77 schrieb:

wrote:

That's exactly what I'm asking for. People reported flash content not working so I need to know what exactly isn't working. For my test I googled flash video, clicked the first link, it loaded and started playing right away.

Flash content for me is hit or miss even with the stock browser. When I try to open the adobe flash player app to check its settings all I get is a black screen (no matter which browser I use). I was finally able to view the settings by doing the following - while holding down my finger to copy the web address of the adobe mobile settings site the screen will flicker on for 3 seconds or so, long enough to click on something, then it goes black again. I repeat the same process and then I can continue.

Having flash enabled in the dolphin browser causes it to be very buggy, frequently when closing out a tab and clicking on a speed dial link the browser just hangs and does not forward you to the requested link - you just end up staring at a blank tab. With flash on demand or disabled the browser works smoothly.

Hi,

all you need is install "Adobe Flash Player 11" and "Adobe AIR" from Google Play.

Then all content should work in the built-in browser and 3rd-party apps.

It may not work in 3rd-party-browser-apps like Firefox or so. 

That´s because there is no browser plug-in for them.

So I do not need anything else and everything is working like I expect it to.

To test all this stuff and all available browser plugins I recommend:

http://www.chemgapedia.de/vsengine/info/en/help/requirements/index.html

Cheers, Jorge

Options

28 Posts

03-09-2012

London

59 Signins

307 Page Views

• Views: 307
  • Message 458 of 714

2012-08-09, 10:11 AM

wrote:

wrote:

Have you tried installing the last Windows Media Player?  It includes the MTP for winXP.

thanks .. but as I mentioned, MTP in general works fine on my Windows XP machine as I am able to use it with my Samsung galaxy S2

its just not working for the K1 with the rooted AOSP build (haven't tried the official release or any other release yet). I can transfer files between computer using Le Tools but that is a pain - I wanna be able to see the K1 internal/external SD card as a drive or MTP device on my win xp machine.

as an aside, the external SD card is not mounted to sdcard/external_sd (but rather to mnt/sdcard2 - I downloaded ICS SD Binder - which does the binding for me everytime I boot up.

Options

9 Posts

07-06-2012

Columbus, GA

26 Signins

99 Page Views

• Views: 99
  • Message 459 of 714

2012-08-09, 10:11 AM

Hi khanning,

Any luck in programming the use the power button to select an option in CWM? The oval home button is not working for many of us and we cannot install the key layout zip file. We get to the recovery mode and can use the Up and Down volume keys to highlight an option but we cannot select the option with the oval home key.

Please help .....

Thank you so much for all the work!!!!

Options

62 Posts

01-21-2012

usa

450 Signins

1511 Page Views

• Views: 1511
  • Message 460 of 714

2012-08-09, 13:44 PM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

For some reason, I cannot upgrade using the keyboard zip file.  I have renamed it upgrade.zip and placed it in the root directory of the sd card.  The CWM recovery program states that it cannot find it.  I have typed SU to get in to superuser mode, and then type k1recovery, and that works perfectly.  

Any help would be appreciated.

Are you loading the zip file on an external sdcard?  That is what worked for me.  I kept thinking it needed to be in the directory \sdcard but that is a part of the on board memory.  The file needs to be on a micro-sdcard in the sdcard slot on the side of the Ideapad K1 tablet.

Lamar

I never knew that!  I'll try that, thanks!

-Chris

If that did not work try re-downloading the zip file again. A corrupt zip file will do that. Do not need to rename it.. Must put it in the micro SD. And just to test a non corrupt  file, try unzipping it. You shoud not get "invalid file" error. Hope this helps. (But make sure you point to the zip file when installing)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms