Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

266 Posts

08-27-2009

Virginia, USA

804 Signins

3933 Page Views

  • Posts: 266
  • Registered: ‎08-27-2009
  • Location: Virginia, USA
  • Views: 3933
  • Message 111 of 260

Re: [ROM][JB][AOSP] Lenovo Ideapad K1

2012-09-13, 0:37 AM

@lance129, I hope that's it.  I definitely installed my APX drivers and the JB ROM at the same time, from the same package.  Good luck!

Reply
Options

37 Posts

03-05-2012

manila

89 Signins

678 Page Views

  • Posts: 37
  • Registered: ‎03-05-2012
  • Location: manila
  • Views: 678
  • Message 112 of 260

Re: [ROM][JB][AOSP] Lenovo Ideapad K1

2012-09-13, 2:33 AM

wrote:

, I hope that's it.  I definitely installed my APX drivers and the JB ROM at the same time, from the same package.  Good luck!


did you install the drivers from the package first, or did you flash directly without having to install the drivers anymore? because when i connected my tablet (in  apx mode) to my laptop and click on the device manager, the apx doesn't appear anymore.

also when i clicked on devices and printers it shows the tablet as unspecified, and when i right click on properties, hardware shows Nvidia USB Boot recovery for mobile devices.

Reply
Options

37 Posts

03-05-2012

manila

89 Signins

678 Page Views

  • Posts: 37
  • Registered: ‎03-05-2012
  • Location: manila
  • Views: 678
  • Message 113 of 260

Re: [ROM][JB][AOSP] Lenovo Ideapad K1

2012-09-13, 6:11 AM

i'm very happy to report that i was finally able to upgrade my tablet to the jelly bean aosp! i think the reflash to ics aosp did the trick, after the reflash it automatically dectected and installed the drivers found in the ics aosp package and updated my drivers.

many thanks to khanning for this wonderful upgrade, mclandytm for always being there to answer my questions, to fredericLS for sharing some insights, and to krustybaguette for going out of his way to e-mail me a couple of drivers that he thought might help me with my problem. now, if you'll excuse me, i have a new toy to play with. :smileyhappy:

Reply
Options

266 Posts

08-27-2009

Virginia, USA

804 Signins

3933 Page Views

  • Posts: 266
  • Registered: ‎08-27-2009
  • Location: Virginia, USA
  • Views: 3933
  • Message 114 of 260

Re: [ROM][JB][AOSP] Lenovo Ideapad K1

2012-09-13, 11:49 AM

wrote:

i'm very happy to report that i was finally able to upgrade my tablet to the jelly bean aosp! i think the reflash to ics aosp did the trick, after the reflash it automatically dectected and installed the drivers found in the ics aosp package and updated my drivers.

many thanks to khanning for this wonderful upgrade, mclandytm for always being there to answer my questions, to fredericLS for sharing some insights, and to krustybaguette for going out of his way to e-mail me a couple of drivers that he thought might help me with my problem. now, if you'll excuse me, i have a new toy to play with. :smileyhappy:


Yay!  Enjoy!

 

Reply
Options

79 Posts

03-28-2011

United States of America

276 Signins

1534 Page Views

  • Posts: 79
  • Registered: ‎03-28-2011
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 1534
  • Message 115 of 260

Re: [ROM][JB][AOSP] Lenovo Ideapad K1

2012-09-13, 13:19 PM

wrote:

i think the reflash to ics aosp did the trick, after the reflash it automatically dectected and installed the drivers found in the ics aosp package and updated my drivers.

 

If you reflashed ICS and it left you with a working USB driver that you were later able to use to flash JellyBean then flashing a new ROM is not dependent upon a specialized USB driver for that ROM. That seemed to be a question for you (and for me as well). Your experience taught both of us a lesson :smileyhappy:

 

That is the essence of this and other online forums.

Thinkpad X-60 (Linux Mint 13_Maya, running VBox WinXP and Win7

Ideapad K-1 Now running Jelly Bean (kudos to Khanning and krook
Reply
Options

17 Posts

12-15-2011

United States

20 Signins

141 Page Views

  • Posts: 17
  • Registered: ‎12-15-2011
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 141
  • Message 116 of 260

Re: [ROM][JB][AOSP] Lenovo Ideapad K1

2012-09-13, 21:02 PM

I've been following these threads since Mark released ICS and Khanning modified the ICS rom.  I saw there were a lot of problems with ICS rom so I decided to skip that.  Althought Khanning did I great job improving on Lenovo's ICS with his ICS, I am now following Khanning's release of JB.  I'm very tempted to make the move but my k1 hasn't given me any problems to date.  It runs all the apps that I like and rarely crashes.  The apps I primarily use besides Google Store are the collection of Google apps (obviously), dish remote access, kindle, and the amazon app store.  I download the free app from amazon app store daily.  I've ordered most apps from amazon.  Is JB worth the risk?  Has anyone tried dish remote access?  Seems like I"m the only person in the world that uses that.....?

Reply
Options

79 Posts

03-28-2011

United States of America

276 Signins

1534 Page Views

  • Posts: 79
  • Registered: ‎03-28-2011
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 1534
  • Message 117 of 260

Re: [ROM][JB][AOSP] Lenovo Ideapad K1

2012-09-13, 21:13 PM

wrote:

I've been following these threads since Mark released ICS and Khanning modified the ICS rom.  I saw there were a lot of problems with ICS rom so I decided to skip that.  Althought Khanning did I great job improving on Lenovo's ICS with his ICS, I am now following Khanning's release of JB.  I'm very tempted to make the move but my k1 hasn't given me any problems to date.  It runs all the apps that I like and rarely crashes.  The apps I primarily use besides Google Store are the collection of Google apps (obviously), dish remote access, kindle, and the amazon app store.  I download the free app from amazon app store daily.  I've ordered most apps from amazon.  Is JB worth the risk?  Has anyone tried dish remote access?  Seems like I"m the only person in the world that uses that.....?


Very little risk involved (other than your time) since it is virtually impossible to "brick" a K1.  You might at some time cause it not to boot but as long as you have a PC from which to work the "worst case scenario" is that you'd have to try again.You can always boot into recovery mode. The "problems with the ICS Rom are pretty similar to what can happen with JB. I had to restart the process several time before getting past the "stuck on partition 12" error. Once I did it was just a couple of minutes to finish the installation. When I did the JB Rom it worked on the second attempt.

Thinkpad X-60 (Linux Mint 13_Maya, running VBox WinXP and Win7

Ideapad K-1 Now running Jelly Bean (kudos to Khanning and krook
Reply
Options

41 Posts

06-16-2012

The Lone Star State

202 Signins

2932 Page Views

  • Posts: 41
  • Registered: ‎06-16-2012
  • Location: The Lone Star State
  • Views: 2932
  • Message 118 of 260

Re: [ROM][JB][AOSP] Lenovo Ideapad K1

2012-09-13, 22:18 PM

My experience and others indicates that if you have a flash failure TWICE, switch to a different rom where it usually will work and then reflash the rom that TWICE failed. You can persist, but it sometimes just keeps failing. I have had both ICS and JB fail, this is my work around. 

Reply
Options

37 Posts

03-05-2012

manila

89 Signins

678 Page Views

  • Posts: 37
  • Registered: ‎03-05-2012
  • Location: manila
  • Views: 678
  • Message 119 of 260

Re: [ROM][JB][AOSP] Lenovo Ideapad K1

2012-09-14, 2:03 AM

wrote:

wrote:

i think the reflash to ics aosp did the trick, after the reflash it automatically dectected and installed the drivers found in the ics aosp package and updated my drivers.

 

If you reflashed ICS and it left you with a working USB driver that you were later able to use to flash JellyBean then flashing a new ROM is not dependent upon a specialized USB driver for that ROM. That seemed to be a question for you (and for me as well). Your experience taught both of us a lesson :smileyhappy:

 

That is the essence of this and other online forums.


the drivers i initially used, i found at the k1 ics official thread, the link was myadventvega.com.uk. there i found the system usb driver for Nvidia Tegra which i downloaded and proceeded to install. now, when i flashed the jb aosp rom it got stuck at "formatting partition 12". i scrolled upward and noticed that the heading script read "flashing ics aosp rom". that's when i thought maybe this driver is specific to the ics rom. so i downloaded the ics aosp rooted rom, but before i flashed the ics rom i checked the drivers included in the package and noticed that they had similar folders with that of the jb aosp rom.

Reply
Options

41 Posts

06-16-2012

The Lone Star State

202 Signins

2932 Page Views

  • Posts: 41
  • Registered: ‎06-16-2012
  • Location: The Lone Star State
  • Views: 2932
  • Message 120 of 260

Re: [ROM][JB][AOSP] Lenovo Ideapad K1

2012-09-14, 3:07 AM

There are some older drivers floating around, but the drivers with official ICS (part of the unusable ICS drop without Gapps) are the only drivers that work. Some earlier ones match these. They have little to do with HC or ICS or JB as they are HARDWARE drivers for the K1 chipset. The different/wrong subfolders is a problem for 32 bit, but the 64 bit is correct. I am pretty sure that both KH and Crook just passed on the drivers as received from Lenovo. The package from Lenovo has the bad subfolder name, but many of us already had the drivers loaded before that package drop. As I have only used 64 bit for this, I have had no driver issues.

 

As I look around my office there are 8 Thinkpads with only two 32 bit one and my 3 servers are of course 64 bit. There are also 12 flat panels around me and 3 UPSs, all running (some in standby). My office is only 12x12, but my old fat body fits fine after more than 40 years of software development. Now if I can just get my new android development environment working and my head wrapped around android, maybe I can produce something useful.

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms