Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

266 Posts

08-27-2009

Virginia, USA

804 Signins

3933 Page Views

• Views: 3933
  • Message 171 of 260

Re: [ROM][JB][AOSP] Lenovo Ideapad K1

2012-10-06, 14:00 PM

krusty, good question, I was going to ask the same thing, since it supposedly was working on v3 (the last "official" release).

egemme, I wouldn't necessarily give up on Adobe Air.  If it offers to send in an error report, let it.  I've had app crashes before that were fixed in subsequent app updates.  I doubt that it's anything fundamental about the hardware.

Options

673 Posts

10-05-2011

Littleton, Colorado

69 Signins

339 Page Views

• Views: 339
  • Message 172 of 260

2012-10-06, 15:07 PM

I also can confirm that Bluetooth does not function in CM10 v5

Options

57 Posts

02-26-2012

Us

186 Signins

792 Page Views

• Views: 792
  • Message 173 of 260

2012-10-07, 6:30 AM
I'm on CM10 v2
Options

12 Posts

10-07-2012

India

28 Signins

81 Page Views

• Views: 81
  • Message 174 of 260

2012-10-07, 10:04 AM

Dear friends, Im facing a big issue with my Lenovo Ideapad K1. Followed steps Krook CM10 JB but unable to flash Gapps from SD card. 

I went through with NVFlash, was on Honeycomb earlier.

When I go to recovery, the cursor moves up & down but Im unable to choose an option because home button is not working.

Camera not working too.

Im a noob, please guide me through...

Thanks.

Options

266 Posts

08-27-2009

Virginia, USA

804 Signins

3933 Page Views

• Message 175 of 260

2012-10-07, 16:25 PM

wrote:

Dear friends, Im facing a big issue with my Lenovo Ideapad K1. Followed steps Krook CM10 JB but unable to flash Gapps from SD card. 

I went through with NVFlash, was on Honeycomb earlier.

When I go to recovery, the cursor moves up & down but Im unable to choose an option because home button is not working.

Camera not working too.

Im a noob, please guide me through...

Thanks.

, since you upgraded via the nvflash method, I'm assuming that you must be on v2 of the CM10 ROM, since I don't believe that krook has made an nvflash-able version since then.   I'm on v5, and the home button seems to work OK in the recovery menus.  However, my upgrade path was from HC, to the JB AOSP ROM, and then to JB CM10 v5 using CWM recovery install, rather than nvflash.

I know that the button functions were a problem early on, and I seem to remember reading somewhere that there was an alternative to the Home button in the recovery menus (some button combination), but I can no longer find the reference.  Anybody else remember seeing that?  Also, I remember seeing a small zip file with a "key layout fix", but I'm not sure how  you would install it in recovery if the home button wasn't working in the first place. [Update: Oh, yeah, I also remember seeing someone say that they could get the Home button working by holding it down while the tablet powered on, until the boot logo or recovery menus came up.  But since my Home button seems to be working anyway, I can't verify that.]

So I don't have any simple solutions for you, other than you might want to try the upgrade path that I followed - that is, download the JB AOSP ROM (nvflash version), install that via the nvflash method, then download the v5 CWM install version of JB CM10 (onto  your external SD card), and follow the instructions to install it and the gapps zip files, using recovery.  Hopefully when you download the JB AOSP ROM, the Home button will work for you in the recovery menus, as it did for me.

As for the camera app, it seems to be working for me, although I understand there is still a problem when trying to change the picture resolution in the settings.  Note also the discussion about Bluetooth being broken in this latest v5 version.

Options

12 Posts

10-07-2012

India

28 Signins

81 Page Views

• Message 176 of 260

2012-10-07, 18:12 PM

I can't thank you enough but please see me through this, Im a total noob.

Downloaded from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1825176

Followed step iii:

iii. Any other rom
1. Download c. to your sdcard, and b. to your PC
2. Power down and enter APX mode on your tablet, with the USB cable connected to the PC
3. Run flash-win.bat or flash-linux.sh (depending on what your PC runs)
4. After table has booted, enter Recovery via long press of Power, and select "Reboot" then "Recovery"
5. Flash the gapps package that you downloaded in step 1.
6. Reboot
7. Perform Procedure i. above

Please give me the paths & links to the downloads you mentioned in your post.

Again a million thanks.

Options

266 Posts

08-27-2009

Virginia, USA

804 Signins

3933 Page Views

• Message 177 of 260

2012-10-07, 18:30 PM

OK, I assume you mean the links to the various packages.  They are:

JB AOSP (nvflash install): K1_JB_AOSP.zip

JB CM10 v5 (CWM install): http://www.multiupload.nl/RYSHP5H1OE

Gapps for JB (CWM install): http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip

Note that the JB AOSP comes with Gapps already built in, but if you are using it to proceed onward to the CM10 ROM,  you don't need them anyway.  With the CM10 build, however, you do need to install both the CM10 ROM and the Gapps, using the recovery menus "install from zip" functions.

Specifically, if you install JB AOSP via nvflash first, then actually the "case ii" procedure will apply to installing CM10:

ii. A rom with working CWM with the new ICS kernel (version 2.6.39.4 - seen in About tablet in Settings)
1. Download a. and c. above   [CM10 ROM and Gapps, onto the external SD card of your K1]
2. Enter recovery with the supported method on that rom
3. Wipe data, cache and dalvik-cache
4. Flash a., followed by c.
5. Reboot

Oh, one other thing - does your K1 have 3G, or just WiFi?   I was assuming WiFi, since that's all I have.  If 3G, there is a separate CM10 package: http://www.multiupload.nl/LCP60EJNCF

Options

12 Posts

10-07-2012

India

28 Signins

81 Page Views

• Message 178 of 260

2012-10-07, 18:47 PM

Ok, so I'll start with JB AOSP (nvflash install). Download this to my Windows computer & then proceed.

After that the 2nd link, what's its use? Also were is the JB CM10v5 downloading, to computer or device?

Now 3rd, again where does this go?

Which will be the best & easiest way to go about this, I mean what should be downloaded 1st & what afterwards?

Mine is a WiFi model only.

Also I don't know how to download data to tabs SD card.

Regarding the whole thing, as we are starting afresh, please give me your set of instrucitions, the ones from XDA forums ruined everthing & those people are not helpful.

Options

57 Posts

02-26-2012

Us

186 Signins

792 Page Views

• Views: 792
  • Message 179 of 260

2012-10-07, 20:17 PM
@enov, the way I did it, I downloaded option B and C to my computer, connect k1 to PC transfer via USB transfer C file to sdcard. Disconnect k1 turn off and go into recovery mode vol - and + plus power, then connect k1 to PC via USB open file B double click flash.bat file and let it run. After open up ROM manager from your k1 click on enter recovery and flash the C file that will you gapps. After you are done and if you want can upgrade to v5 via ROM manager. Hope it helps
Options

266 Posts

08-27-2009

Virginia, USA

804 Signins

3933 Page Views

• Message 180 of 260

2012-10-07, 22:37 PM

@enov, sorry, I just realized that the instructions I copied from the xda-developers thread, for installing the CM10 ROM, are confusing when taken out of their original context.  Here's what it should have said:

Specifically, if you install JB AOSP via nvflash first, then actually the "case ii" procedure will apply to installing CM10:

ii. A rom with working CWM with the new ICS kernel (version 2.6.39.4 - seen in About tablet in Settings)

[this is exactly what you will have, if  you install the JB AOSP ROM first]
1. Download CM10 ROM and Gapps, onto the external SD card of your K1

[There are at least 3 different ways to do this:

a) Download to your PC, then connect the USB cable and copy over

b) Download to your PC, and copy onto a microSD card, then insert card into tablet.  If you're lucky enough to have a

K1 USB Host Cable, you could put the files on a flash drive, connect it via the cable to the tablet, and copy files over.

c) Open a browser on the tablet, navigate to this forum, click on a link and just download the file]
2. Enter recovery with the supported method on that ROM

[After installing JB AOSP, you should just be able to push the power button and select Reboot, then Recovery]
3. Wipe data, cache and dalvik-cache

[These are options in the CWM menus.  I think the dalvik-cache wipe is in the Advanced section]
4. Flash CM10 ROM zip file (that is, install the zip file),  then flash the Gapps zip file

[Note there is a separate menu entry for flashing files located on the "external" SD card, versus the internal memory]
5. Reboot

I do have to ask, though, are you sure you want to do this?  You realize that these ROMs are not officially supported, and are not fully stable, although the problems appear to be fairly minor.  The xda-developers are good enough to put these together and share them with us, but it's pretty much at your own risk.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms