08-27-2009

Virginia, USA

804 Signins

3933 Page Views

• Views: 3933
  • Message 61 of 260

Re: [ROM][JB][AOSP] Lenovo Ideapad K1

2012-08-29, 14:32 PM

gm2racer - Oops, sorry, you are right, it only shows the MAC addresses of the APs.  I also tried Network Info II, and it indicates that the K1's MAC address is unavailable, as well.

Options

79 Posts

03-28-2011

US

276 Signins

1534 Page Views

• Views: 1534
  • Message 62 of 260

2012-08-29, 15:46 PM

Yes. I'm using the [ROM][ICS] Ideapad K1 Official Release from the "K1 ICS 120607 Rooted.zip
Based on the statement at the top of THIS thread, I thought I could use the CWM since my ICS 4.0.3 is rooted AND I had installed ROM Manager and Recovery. But apparently the 4.0.3 bootloader still won't use my installed packages. So I guess I'll use the nvflash version. If I do any future upgrades I should be able to us the built in CWM recovery.
I'm about to replace my 16GB micro SD card with a 32GB one. I've been wondering if it is feasible to dual boot. This might be helpful if there's a future Key Lime Pie ROM to be tested.

Thanks Mclandytm,
Krusty

UPDATE: Success. Still have to add the 32gb card, but only took two tries to flash this time. First got stuck on 'formatting partition 12' but second time worked perfectly. When I did the previous flash it took probably ten tries! Now I just have to set up my apps, etc. Huge Kudos to Kreg again.

Thinkpad X-60 (Linux Mint 13_Maya, running VBox WinXP and Win7

Ideapad K-1 Now running Jelly Bean (kudos to Khanning and krook
Options

79 Posts

03-28-2011

US

276 Signins

1534 Page Views

• Message 63 of 260

2012-08-29, 18:46 PM

JB successfully installed. Checked settings for OTA Updates and saw that my K-1 is identified as an Asus Transformer.

Does that matter if in the future I try to update OTA? or via CWM Recovery?

kb

Options

48 Posts

01-31-2012

USA

401 Signins

1286 Page Views

• Views: 1286
  • Message 64 of 260

2012-08-30, 12:52 PM

wrote:

ds77, yeah, the MAC address also seems to be a victim of whatever mismatch in the WiFi instrumentation that is also messing up the signal strength and connection speed.  I'm wondering if it's something like a difference in the object definitions between AOSP and the other builds.

BTW, although the wifi signal strength does not show properly, it appears to work just fine. In fact using the Speedtest.net app on my home wifi my K1 has faster up and down compared to my Galaxies (Fascinate & GS3)...

Options

57 Posts

02-26-2012

Us

186 Signins

792 Page Views

• Views: 792
  • Message 65 of 260

2012-08-30, 15:43 PM
overall would you guys recommend installing JB? I had insatlled ICS rom but it just had to many bugs for me and I went back to HC its been running great, but i have been feeling the itch to upgrade.
Options

266 Posts

08-27-2009

Virginia, USA

804 Signins

3933 Page Views

• Message 66 of 260

2012-08-30, 23:15 PM

Krusty, where is it that you see your K1 identified as an Asus Transformer?  Under About Tablet (where you used to look for system updates), mine shows the Model number as "Ideapad K1".   Opening the new "OTA Updater" that khanning included in the JS AOSP ROM, it also shows my device as "k1".  In any case, since we won't be receiving any more OTA updates from Lenovo, the "OTA Updater" is what's important.

gm2racer - agreed, the WiFi in this ROM basically works fine, other than not showing any signal strength or connection speed.  I would say I get the same throughput that I did before on HC.

rsbusta - well, I'm pretty happy with this ROM so far.  There are a few little glitches, but for the most part it is fast and smooth (see my earlier post on the 35% performance benchmark boost), the user interface is slicker, and it's pretty compatible with all the apps I care about.  Some apps (for example, Yahoo Mail) actually work much better than they did on stock HC.  Browsing is faster.  I haven't had any problem with video playback or camera apps.  I do have this suspicion that the GPS is slightly less sensitive, but most of the time it works just fine.  All in all, many more positives than negatives.

Options

3 Posts

02-05-2012

usa

14 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 67 of 260

2012-08-31, 1:06 AM

I'm also running Krooks cm10 v2 , very happy with it . I was running khannings rooted ics. My problem is that with either

version I can't install an update from cwm recovery, the external sd card has an error when trying to mount . But the sd card is fine when using either operating system ? I thought the problem would resolve when changing to CM10. I've searched but found no reference to this problem on a K1 that occurs only in cwm recovery. Thanks

Options

79 Posts

03-28-2011

US

276 Signins

1534 Page Views

• Message 68 of 260

2012-08-31, 3:21 AM

It came up while I was trying to flash JB from Rom Manager. I ended up flashing the Nvflash version and never saw it. Only issue I had with the nvflash process was that on the first attempt it hung at "formatting partition 12" which seems to happen to quite a few users. Second try worked just great. 

krusty

Just had to grab my K-1 back from my grandson who's playing Angry Birds ;-) In Rom Manager I clicked "Check for ROM Updates" and msg appears that I'm not set up for OTA updates and offers to install. When I clicked "Install" up comes a message "Confirm Phone Model" and lists only "Asus Transformer." That is with the current install but it seems like something like that also came up when I tried to use Install ROM from SD card.

wrote:

Krusty, where is it that you see your K1 identified as an Asus Transformer?  Under About Tablet (where you used to look for system updates), mine shows the Model number as "Ideapad K1".   Opening the new "OTA Updater" that khanning included in the JS AOSP ROM, it also shows my device as "k1".  In any case, since we won't be receiving any more OTA updates from Lenovo, the "OTA Updater" is what's important.

Options

266 Posts

08-27-2009

Virginia, USA

804 Signins

3933 Page Views

• Message 69 of 260

2012-08-31, 15:08 PM

wrote:

It came up while I was trying to flash JB from Rom Manager. I ended up flashing the Nvflash version and never saw it. Only issue I had with the nvflash process was that on the first attempt it hung at "formatting partition 12" which seems to happen to quite a few users. Second try worked just great. 

krusty

Just had to grab my K-1 back from my grandson who's playing Angry Birds ;-) In Rom Manager I clicked "Check for ROM Updates" and msg appears that I'm not set up for OTA updates and offers to install. When I clicked "Install" up comes a message "Confirm Phone Model" and lists only "Asus Transformer." That is with the current install but it seems like something like that also came up when I tried to use Install ROM from SD card.

Ah.  Yeah, I'm not sure how Rom Manager gets its device info, or where it would be checking for new ROM updates.  But again, if you have installed this particular ROM (khanning's JB AOSP), you should already have an installed app called "OTA Updater".  If and when you ever get an OTA update associated with this ROM, it will be through that application, downloaded from the "OTA Update Center" service ( http://www.otaupdatecenter.pro ).

Options

4 Posts

08-06-2012

Hong Kong

11 Signins

54 Page Views

• Views: 54
  • Message 70 of 260

2012-09-01, 14:30 PM
Tried both krooks v3 and the aosp ROM. Ended up sticking with AOSP for the time being since krooks does not have USB MTP or MS support sorted out yet. Otherwise, both versions have their pros and cons (some apps like King of Fighters Android doesn't work on the AOSP veraion , but works on krooks etc...) and JB definitely runs smoother than ICS. Thanks for all the hard work!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete