Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

02-01-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 1 of 4

SD Card Storage Issue with Tab M10

2021-06-04, 22:09 PM

I am having issues trying to get my Tab M10 to use an SD card properly.

The tablet has only 16GB internal storage (used up my most of Giggle's junk that I don't even want).  So I bought a 32GB SD card and formatted it via the tablet to be used as additional space for the tablet to use for files, apps, etc.  Just like adding "capacity", if you will.

The problem is I keep getting errors from Google Play saying I don't have enough space to add/reinstall apps!  What is the point of adding the card if it is isn't "seen" by Giggle?  The tablet says I have a total of 48GB storage BUT I can't seem to use it for apps!

HELP!

Can I somehow format the card on my PC to get around this issue?  I seem to need to get the tablet to list the GRAND TOTAL storage as "internal" to get around the "no space for apps" issue?

Options

8 Posts

02-01-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

50 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

Re:Can't convert SD Card to Internal Storage

2021-06-04, 22:47 PM

Curious, as I have never heard of the term "adoptable storage"... does this mean formatting as internal, or something else, as my card was formatted by my Tab M10 just fine BUT Google doesn't see it as part of the tablet's TOTAL storage and won't install any more apps because it says I have no more room, though I do on the card.

Edited: Moved the thread to the correct phone community. –Sunitha

Options

8 Posts

02-01-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

50 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

Re:SD Card Storage Issue with Tab M10

2021-06-04, 22:56 PM

NOTE - I found a few other threads that are similar to mine, though they are using the term "adoptable storage", which I had never heard of before.  Not sure if that is the same as just plain "internal storage" or not.  

For the record, my SD card is:   SanDisk 32GB Ultra microSDHC A1 UHS-I/U1 Class 10 

Would formatting using my PC help at all?  Or would the tablet simply ask me to format it all over again once it "sees" it?

Options

5603 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

410 Signins

40242 Page Views

• Views: 40242
  • Message 4 of 4

Re:SD Card Storage Issue with Tab M10

2021-06-07, 20:22 PM

Hello @ JD401!

Thanks for posting here at the Community Forums!

Please try restarting your Tab M10 first then test if you'll be able to download apps from Google Play store again.

Another thing to check here is to have the SD card be inserted into a different device to see if it'll work.

You may also try other SD card(s) into the Tab M10 to test.

If that didn't work, try clearing the Google Play store app's cache and data.

Go to Settings > Apps > search for Google Play and tap/select it > look for clear cache or data and select it then try again.

Should that didn't work, try formatting the SD card into the Tab M10 again.

It would be advisable to format it directly into the Tab M10 since the SD card is going to be use on that device.

You may click this link to see the steps on how it can be formatted successfully.

Make sure to back up the files stored in the SD card first (if there are) to avoid data loss.

Also, here's another link that contains other troubleshooting steps that can be done towards this issue.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
<

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms