Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

27 Posts

02-23-2021

United States of America

39 Signins

205 Page Views

• Views: 205
  • Message 1 of 8

Show today's Bing picture on Lenovo Tab M10 FHD plus

2021-02-23, 18:53 PM

This might not get an answer since it's more about the app then the tablet itself, but I really like the Bing daily image, I always have. So far the image does update each day, though I've only had it since yesterday, but it seems to be displaying old images from Bing instead of the current one for the day. Basically, the image doesn't match the one that's on my PC, in fact, I think the one for today is from a couple days ago. Is there a way to change the settings so it always downloads the newest image before changing it for the day?

Answer
Options

27 Posts

02-23-2021

United States of America

39 Signins

205 Page Views

Re:Show today's Bing picture on Lenovo Tab M10 FHD plus

2021-02-28, 10:00 AM

Actually, this morning it went back to a random one from a few days ago. The issue is with the app by microsoft, not the tablet itself. I ended up uninstalling it and installed Daily Wallpaper from Bing. It's a separate app not by Microsoft, but I have used it before on my phone and it does change the picture each day with the proper Bing image. It also has more options in the settings too. I'm going to consider this the best solution to this.

Replies(7)
Options

27 Posts

02-23-2021

United States of America

39 Signins

205 Page Views

• Message 2 of 8

2021-02-23, 19:12 PM

I don't know how to delete a topic, but I think I just figured this one out myself while playing with the settings. We'll see what it changes to tomorrow.

Options

1823 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

233 Signins

20227 Page Views

• Views: 20227
  • Message 3 of 8

2021-02-23, 20:16 PM

Hello *Beatnick*!

Nice to have you here!

To change the daily images/wallpaper on Bing using your Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, tap the Bing's menu button found on the upper left corner then select Wallpaper or Auto Change Wallpaper option.

After that, toggle the Turn on listing to enable the feature to get a preview of today's wallpaper. 

You may tap/select the Preview button to see the entire background without any overlays or select the “Set Wallpaper” button to add the image to your device.

A pop-up will appear on your device's screen asking you if you want to have it be set as the home screen or as a home and lock screen.

Once selecting the desired option, ou will be taken back to the Auto Change Wallpaper menu. Here, you can adjust the feature’s advanced settings, including how frequently the background changes or if you want new images to download only if it's connected to Wi-Fi.

Hope this helps you out.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

27 Posts

02-23-2021

United States of America

39 Signins

205 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2021-02-23, 21:34 PM

Thanks again. That's basically what I had figured out a bit before you answered. Hopefully it will update automatically in the morning to the right image.

Options

6347 Posts

06-27-2008

United States of America

28888 Signins

1654238 Page Views

• Views: 1654238
  • Message 5 of 8

2021-02-23, 21:35 PM

@ *Beatnick* wrote:

I don' know how to delete a topic, but I think I just figured this one out myself while playing with the settings. We' see what it changes to tomorrow.

No reason to delete.

If you feel you have figured out the solution to the issue, please do post a response back in this thread so as to help others. It can then, also, be marked as a solution.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Options

27 Posts

02-23-2021

United States of America

39 Signins

205 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2021-02-23, 22:02 PM

I have to wait and see if it changes tomorrow, but I'm 95% sure it is working right now

Options

27 Posts

02-23-2021

United States of America

39 Signins

205 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2021-02-27, 17:47 PM

I've been watching this thing for the past couple days. It seems to be working right now with one minor issue that I think I just have to deal with because it's on Microsoft's end. Basically it automatically updates first thing when the new day begins... Right at or after midnight. The Bing daily image doesn't update until later in the morning, so the most recent picture is actually the one from the day before so the wallpaper is actually a day behind the actual Bing image. When I see my wallpaper is off from the one on my PC it kind of sets my OCD off, but it's not bad. It's still a good app and I love having a new Bing image everyday.

Answer
Options

27 Posts

02-23-2021

United States of America

39 Signins

205 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2021-02-28, 10:00 AM

Actually, this morning it went back to a random one from a few days ago. The issue is with the app by microsoft, not the tablet itself. I ended up uninstalling it and installed Daily Wallpaper from Bing. It's a separate app not by Microsoft, but I have used it before on my phone and it does change the picture each day with the proper Bing image. It also has more options in the settings too. I'm going to consider this the best solution to this.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms