Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

02-11-2021

New Zealand

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 6

Side screen icon

2021-02-11, 9:52 AM

Hi,

What is the app that opens when the short white bar on the upper left of the home screen is swiped right?  It seems to tell me it is not installed .  I may have inadvertently removed it when I was creating space.  Apparently it is on the play store but of course I do not know what tolook for.

Hope someone can help.

Cheers

Options

2350 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

258 Signins

22912 Page Views

• Views: 22912
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Side screen icon

2021-02-11, 14:07 PM

@ morayrjm wrote:

Hi,

What is the app that opens when the short white bar on the upper left of the home screen is swiped right?  It seems to tell me it is not installed .  I may have inadvertently removed it when I was creating space.  Apparently it is on the play store but of course I do not know what tolook for.

Hope someone can help.

Cheers

Welcome to the Community Forums @morayrjm!

Nice to have you here!

Just to ask:

• What type of Lenovo device are you using? Can you please provide its MTM (machine type-model) number for us to check its specifications?
  • Also, can you tell us more about the functionality of the app that you're referring to as well? What exactly is happening when you try to use it?

You may look through the Google Play store for any sidebar apps that will provide to have multitasking a lot more easier.

Just check each reviews first to know which of those apps are best to use for the device.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

3 Posts

02-11-2021

New Zealand

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2021-02-11, 18:48 PM

Hi,

It is TB-7305F S/N HPVsAN80 (71) P/N ZA550165AU

I have no idea what the original app did as the machine is new to me.  I think I removed it as I was getting rid of the pre installed apps that were of no interest at the time to generate space.

Cheers

Options

2350 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

258 Signins

22912 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2021-02-11, 20:08 PM

@ morayrjm wrote:

Hi,

It is TB-7305F S/N HPVsAN80 (71) P/N ZA550165AU

I have no idea what the original app did as the machine is new to me.  I think I removed it as I was getting rid of the pre installed apps that were of no interest at the time to generate space.

Cheers

Thanks for providing your device's details @morayrjm!

If you're referring to the app that does have an icon or looks like a <> (or an inverted L like shaped icon), it might be the Lenovo Entertainment app that you're referring to.

To use it again, tap and hold into an empty space anywhere on the screen to open Home Settings.

Under Home Settings, there's an option in there wherein you can enable the Lenovo Entertainment app. Once enabled or turned on, go back to the home screen and it should be visible by then. 

You may also check this previous post as well as this other post for reference.

However, if that's not the app that you're referring to, please refer to the previous response that I have provided to you to search for other or any third party sidebar apps that can assist you with multitasking concerns.

Regards,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

02-11-2021

New Zealand

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2021-02-13, 2:10 AM

Hi there. Picture below of home screen. Circled the icon and the message at the bottom. Still not sure what to do 

20210213_150714.jpg
Options

2350 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

258 Signins

22912 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2021-02-15, 19:00 PM

Thanks for the response @morayrjm!

Does it also says the name of the app when you tap it?

You may check the previous apps that you have on the Tab M7 before by going to the Library section of My games & apps through the Google Play store.

Try to check the app from there and reinstall it to the device.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms