Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

11-15-2017

United States of America

1 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 1 of 2

Tab 2 A10-70 Marshmallow Tablet won't allow me to dedicate SD card for photos and videos (not apps)

2017-11-15, 7:12 AM

I just updated from 5.x to 6.0 Marshmallow and I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to simply save photos and videos (not apps) to the sd card.  I set it as external sd and not the internal adopted whatever its called.  I have gone into all the settings for the tablet and no option exists to dedicate the sd for pics/vids.  The camera app does not allow it.  There isnt even an option for it.  I have seen countless videos and read many articles that state you can do it from the settings menu for the camera;  Not on this tablet apparently.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  If there is no solution could someone tell me how to revert back to the 5.x version?

Options

858 Posts

10-08-2015

Canada

998 Signins

5947 Page Views

• Views: 5947
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Tab 2 A10-70 Marshmallow Tablet won't allow me to dedicate SD card for photos and videos (not ap

2017-11-15, 15:58 PM

Try rebooting several times & or removing your SD card & reinserting it & set up as Portable Storage. Seems like your system is hanging on to an old setting that reboots could help sort out, or, the update & it's installation is not entirely finished yet. Setting it aside & connected to internet may also help sort it out, say overnight. Reboot. The OS likes to be rebooted Inot just put in standby or sleep with the screen off).

Otherwise, it's hard to troubleshoot as we don't know all that you have done previously, what apps you have installed & how they are set up & permissions granted & if there are any conflicts, etc.. Uninstall any user installed apps that require use of / permission to use the "camera" etc., reboot, then try again. Something could be holding on to an old setting.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms