Options

4 Posts

01-03-2018

US

3 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 1 of 5

Tab 4 with Home Assistant - does it exist?

2018-01-04, 16:21 PM

I'm interested in the Tab 4 with Home Assistant, but all I can find on the web are articles about it that say it will be available in October 2017. Did it ever get released? If so, where can I find one?

Options

22 Posts

10-11-2015

DE

54 Signins

196 Page Views

• Views: 196
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Tab 4 with Home Assistant - does it exist?

2018-01-15, 18:06 PM

I fully agree with you! 

Usually I really like Lenovo, I am buying all computers for my company, all of them are Lenovo devices. Even I have a very good and expensive P50 workstation notebook. But somehow Lenovo for home use seems to be crap.

For this device I have sent messages to Lenovo on Facebook to the German page and to the international about this issue, they don't even answer. 

Not sure if this is the support I have to expect: announcements which are not kept and not even answering about it. 

The home assistant was the reason I bought this device. 

Thanks for nothing, Lenovo. 

Options

3 Posts

02-14-2009

US

8 Signins

67 Page Views

• Views: 67
  • Message 3 of 5

2018-01-18, 17:59 PM

Lenovo has deigned, in their infinite wisdom, to ship Tab4 Home Assistants to AT&T.  Price is $80 plus tax with free 3-day shipping.  The AT&T product description contains no mention of Alexa functionality.  I have posted a question to AT&T in this regard.

Options

22 Posts

10-11-2015

DE

54 Signins

196 Page Views

• Views: 196
  • Message 4 of 5

2018-01-20, 20:24 PM

So funny:
I've seen this comment just by random while searching for the device.
But AT&T doesn't help for me, I'm in Germany...

I'm almost certain that someone has forgotten to mention the Alexa-Stuff. Yesterday I had a online-chat with a german Lenovo support guy: He did not even know about the device and could not find any information in his system ("we got the same information sources than you got" - What the hell? Are you just doing it from home in your spare-time?!)

Anyway f*ck Lenovo, as mentioned - I contacted them several times at FB (which I thought was the fastest and easiest way for this short question) and they did not consider it necessary to even say "we don't know".
I've ordered a Google Home Mini now, should be more intelligent than Alexa anyway.

If the Thinkpads wouldn't be that good, I'd never buy Lenovo again. Obviously a customer buying a tablet for ~300€ is not worth receiving an answer - if I ask for my 3600€ P50 workstation Thinkpad they'll react almost immediately.

Options

18 Posts

01-21-2018

AU

28 Signins

238 Page Views

• Views: 238
  • Message 5 of 5

2018-01-21, 3:30 AM

Pity Lenovo's product and accessory roll-outs along with updates are so disgustingly and poorly managed.  On the whole the gear they make is OK, but is sadly let down by the non-existant support and service.  I no longer buy Lenovo laptops for the staff purely because of the complete lack of service, support, and upgrades.  Other companies have no issue getting products with local options out to other countries on time, but Lenovo do and never get it right.

Even if Lenovo charged a reasonable price for Android upgrades to the next version, people would have the choice and option if they wanted it.  Presently nothing.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms