Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

12-28-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

8 Signins

40 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 3

Tab M10 FHD Plus - Google Assistant broken!!

2021-03-08, 9:22 AM

Would someone from Lenovo please explain why they sell this device, branded as OK Google Ready, with a charging dock that goes into assistant mode - that then fails to work.

My 5 year old phone (not Lenovo) I can say "Hey google send a message" and it says "Who do you want to message?"  or "Hey Google send a what's app message to <name>" and it just works.

Try it on my new-ish Tab M10 FHD Plus (with SIM Card so it supports WhatsApp) and all you get is "Sorry I can't do that yet".

All versions of Google, assistant, whatsapp etc. are identical - So Lenovo, what have you broken?????  You advertise as OK Google and Google Assistant - but clearly it isn't!

Paul

Options

3492 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

312 Signins

28902 Page Views

• Views: 28902
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Tab M10 FHD Plus - Google Assistant broken!!

2021-03-08, 14:20 PM

Hello @simmondp!

Great to have you here at the Community Forums!

Just to ask:

• Does this also happens when using other apps?
  • Also. are you experiencing this issue when giving out other commands (voice)?

Please check first if there's an available update to the Google Assistant app under the My games & apps section of Google Play store.

Also, check if there's an available update to the Tab M10 FHD Plus as well.

Aside from those things, check if the WhatsApp app's permissions is also allowed on the device.

Go to Settings > Apps (or Notifications) > look for the WhatsApp and see if all permissions (Camera, Contacts, Mic, SMS/Messaging etc.) under it are allowed.

Another step to try from here is to check your Google account's Privacy settings and see if all of it are enabled/allowed.

You may also try to use a different Google account to test the voice functionality again.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

5 Posts

12-28-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

8 Signins

40 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 40
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Tab M10 FHD Plus - Google Assistant broken!!

2021-03-08, 16:27 PM
  • Does this also happens when using other apps?
    Any "messaging" apps, so WhatsApp and Messenger(SMS)

• Also. are you experiencing this issue when giving out other commands (voice)?
    No, voice command in general work fine (for example "Hey Google Tell Me a joke""

Please check first if there's an available update to the Google Assistant app under the My games & apps section of Google Play store.

Done, everything is up to date

Also, check if there's an available update to the Tab M10 FHD Plus as well.

Done, it has the January system update and is syaing "up to date"

Aside from those things, check if the WhatsApp app's permissions is also allowed on the device.

Go to Settings > Apps (or Notifications) > look for the WhatsApp and see if all permissions (Camera, Contacts, Mic, SMS/Messaging etc.) under it are allowed.

Done, all allowed

Another step to try from here is to check your Google account's Privacy settings and see if all of it are enabled/allowed.

Done all allowed

You may also try to use a different Google account to test the voice functionality again.

Yes, tried a complete wipe and re-insall using my personal account that works fine with my phone, work on my phone, not on the tablet.

Have compared version of all software and no differnece between phone and tablet!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms