Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

33 Posts

12-20-2015

Greece

70 Signins

486 Page Views

• Views: 486
  • Message 121 of 515

Re:Don't upgrade Tab M10 FHD Plus to Android 10 - problems.

2020-12-25, 10:13 AM

Now that's a sweet wish and in the holiday spirit... 

Guys, chill a bit, we all wait for a fix, and we will get one eventually.

don't forget people work from home and not as a group, how about this season

Options

10 Posts

11-17-2020

Spain

7 Signins

115 Page Views

• Views: 115
  • Message 122 of 515

2020-12-25, 15:29 PM

@Ala_Lenovo 

Tested notifications with Telegram and widget with Gmail.

Issue is probably related due to killing app process.

'background process' seems not working and finishes completely the process of the app. Meaning this not getting notifications and not updating widgets until you run the app again.

If you don't kill the process of the app, you will get notifications and widgets update like always.

Of course, battery saving mode was off on the tests.

Options

24 Posts

12-09-2020

Austria

33 Signins

145 Page Views

• Views: 145
  • Message 123 of 515

2020-12-25, 16:12 PM

@Linker314 

and @RauliTop 

Excuse me, but what you describe and/or suspect is consistent with what I have stated a fortnight ago (see below). Unfortunately, nobody has picked up this "real" thread ever since, most notably Lenovo ...

2020-12-11, 18:40 PM

Hi Lenovo techs,

Is everything reported in this thread really just down to a series of bugs in your "upgrade"? Or are the problems especially with apps not running in the background and hence not sending notifications and not updating the corresponding widgets more likely a battery control function issue (intented by Lenovo to improve battery life [and consequently save money due to smaller, ie cheaper batteries]) sitting on top of the annoying bug issue?

In this context, could you please explain what happened to your App "Lenovo tablet manager" that in the past could be used on Android devices to configure (or switch off) the brand's aggressive (obsessive) battery control function?

Regards, and thanks for your quick and informative response !!

Options

33 Posts

12-20-2015

Greece

70 Signins

486 Page Views

• Message 124 of 515

2020-12-25, 20:21 PM

Just to add that problem with screen fade still exist as well (haven't tried resetting again - yet can't happen) 

Options

8 Posts

02-27-2019

United States of America

13 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 125 of 515

2020-12-25, 23:32 PM

FeVerSeCtioN  said in their post:

"Guys, chill a bit, we all wait for a fix, and we will get one eventually.

don't forget people work from home and not as a group, how about this season"

I'm sorry but you're attitude is wrong about this.

Your comments would have been appropriate a month ago when the 1st update came out (from Android 9 to 10). However, time has passed and Lenovo release a 2nd update without fixing the issues. Further, I have yet to see any changes in the behavior of the tablet.

Releasing a Beta to the community in the guise of an upgrade is one thing. Frankly, I don't see how they tested it and NOT noticed the issues. But the real issue is the second release on Wednesday.

With a month into the release, Lenovo STILL has yet to address the issues that started this thread. If our patience is running thin, it because of this. We as customers should not have to explain, yet alone wait over a month for a company to correct an error of their own making. Not only is it pissing off their customer base (and effecting future purchases), but it's demonstrating an extreamly poor business ethos and major weakness in their process-in-place for software testing.

I speak from experience, having worked as a developer / tester for a major software company in Redmond, WA.

Options

33 Posts

12-20-2015

Greece

70 Signins

486 Page Views

• Message 126 of 515

2020-12-26, 0:37 AM

I won't disagree that things should be working as they should, don't forget I suffer from the same issues as well. But we also, don't know why this issue exist or how hard is it to be discovered and fixed. It's not "just programming" always, and as a developer, you should know that many parts of the tablet are from different manufacturers like Soc for example, and that not every manufacturer provide open source codes. Even on open source codes like Android 10 itself, that as you said it's stable, but you forgot to mention, that it's stable for Pixel phones and Android one itself. 

Each company has its own problems time to time that takes months to fix, and some fail to even do so like Galdaxy Note battery's problem on a 1k$ phone. I don't think it's time to extend this here, but if you look out tech news time to time, you should know that. Can't see how Motorola / Lenovo are any different.

In the end you can always return the product as faulty. I don't think you'll have any problem on that, as it's clearly something wrong with it now, and no tech support can fix it. Even never touch a lenovo product as well ever again. You're a customer and that's your right.

I personally after 10 years of using lenovo products and been happy with them for the price I get them, can wait a month more for a - hard to debug I believe - problem. In the end they always provide a solution. 

But let me believe my attitude, at least on a Christmas day like this one, is better that someone's that wish for people to loose their jobs on his 3rd post ever.

Yet, we can't do anything, so let's just wait a bit more, or even try to help devs by reporting what we know or discover. 

Things clearly were in rush by Lenovo and that's a fault by their side, but let's be humans.

Merry Xmas!! 

Options

80 Posts

01-12-2017

Russian Federation

106 Signins

1049 Page Views

• Views: 1049
  • Message 127 of 515

2020-12-26, 2:29 AM

Hey @FeVerSeCtioN what a lovely post, especially at the end. I myself can wait for a month or so, no problem there. Had 5 Lenovo tablets over the years and now have 2 more. Samsung is a no go for me, any Samsung tech for that matter. So Lenovo is a way to go. Pretty much the only brand that doesn't stuff its tablets with useless crap apps and ugly UI's. Almost a stock Android, well, almost, lol. Anyway, I wouldn't know what to buy tablet wise if Lenovo didn't exist.

Wish Google had a Google tablet with Lenovo's tablets specs for a good price, but unfortunately big G only makes phones now. That tablet they did back in the day wasn't that good like I remember, let alone it was overpriced, obviously.

I, like many others, simply didn't ask for Android 10 in the first place, let alone a buggy one, ha-ha. At least Lenovo could've put an old Android 9 via OTA so people could roll back untill the problem is fixed.

People should be able to install any version they want on their tablets, at least any stable version for the hardware. People should have that option.

Options

11 Posts

10-28-2020

Bulgaria

53 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 128 of 515

2020-12-26, 19:31 PM

Just got new update... but in first sight everything is the same. Ram widget, Instagram and messenger notification still not working. I'm not doing factory reset yed. Light sensor is still can't adjust correct brightness.

Screenshot_2020-12-26-21-09-35-056.jpeg
Options

40 Posts

09-22-2020

Poland

37 Signins

250 Page Views

• Views: 250
  • Message 129 of 515

2020-12-26, 19:50 PM

It's time for my summary after "fixing update". Unfortunately I have to write that the only fixed bug is the screen. Now the screen fade off itself after ordered time. Of course all stock system apps made by Google are working normally - but only those.

All problems with the widgets and notifications are the same so I don't have to write anything new (as I wrote opening this thread). What we need now is the next fixing update. The only progress is that now I can answer messeges from Whatsapp (before not). Facebook and Messenger notifications don't come. Skype calls can't answer :( . Bad. Of cause if I manually open some app it works well for some time but soon is close. The only way is to remember what you need and You must all the time keep this particular app open in the background. So the system is not functional and is irritating in everyday use. Bad.

Options

33 Posts

12-20-2015

Greece

70 Signins

486 Page Views

• Message 130 of 515

2020-12-26, 20:13 PM

for me the screen fade is still not working. 

about notifications, I see that if you lock apps from been killed, they stay and working. 

same to widget apps.

At least this way they worked for me so far ~2h of testing messenger and AccuWeather.

Had them as well not be optimized by battery, but doubt that was any help

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms