Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

25 Posts

12-09-2020

Austria

34 Signins

150 Page Views

• Views: 150
  • Message 191 of 520

Re:Don't upgrade Tab M10 FHD Plus to Android 10 - problems.

2021-01-09, 0:16 AM

@Domi323 

I'd say your timing for purchasing this Lenovo tablet, TB-X606F, probably isn't the best ... you'll need patience (... should you decide to hold on to this tablet)!

Your screenshot says ("build number") that you are on the version dated ...200923. That's the first "upgrade", the version that created all the problems. The newer OS version is dated ...201215 and was intended to solve all these problems.

I don't know which version is worse. And I'm not sure, if this really matters, since you - like all of us - will have to wait (I have received the initial upgrade on Nov 21 ...) for a third "upgrade" that hopefully fixes all the issues described in this thread.

Options

8 Posts

02-27-2019

United States of America

13 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 192 of 520

2021-01-09, 0:46 AM

@Ala_Lenovo, I really feel that is time to remove the false flag / banner that this issue has been "Solved!", it has not and keeping that message up may be confusing to a number of people. It makes them question, "Is it ME?! Did I do something WRONG?!".

We have been having this "discussion" for over 2-months now and seem to be no closer to resolution. We are stakeholders in this issue and are entitled to being kept addressed to what is going on. We invested, in good faith, a product based on your companies name. The fact that you are sending e-mails to the integration team is meaningless unless you are getting status updates back from them. Are you? Or do they go into that bit-bucket in the sky.

This thread is now approaching 200 related messages, and very few (in any) constitute spam.

Please give us solid information not just "I let them know".

Options

2021-01-09, 1:37 AM

@Ala_Lenovo 

Now it's the high time to say that "We are working with the issue" or to say "I have escalated to our tech teams". Because it has been around 2 months since Android 10 update and the issues haven't been solved yet.  The fixing update instead of fixing those issues introduced new issues. So we all users just want to know more information what's going out there. @Ala_Lenovo Please give us a full report within few days and do reply if you read this message. 

Options

25 Posts

12-09-2020

Austria

34 Signins

150 Page Views

• Message 194 of 520

2021-01-09, 12:24 PM

@Ala_Lenovo 

Three questions re this topic are stumbling through my head for weeks now, and I am sure you will happily answer them ...

i) your initial upgrade is obviously dated ...200923 (a file name chosen by Lenovo), I, like probably thousands of others, have received this "upgrade" via OTA on Nov 21. What did Lenovo do with this file in the eight weeks in between?

NB (ie what I forgot to mention initially): the second "upgrade's" file name to my knowledge carries the date ... 201215, and according to the information in this thread "hit" the first customers, ie victims, via OTA only eight days later, on Dec 23 ...

ii) do you think it is particularly clever to sell this device to paying customers at the beginning of January with your horrible Android 10 "upgrade" pre-installed on it?

iii) if these lucky customers for whatever reasons opt to make a factory reset in a couple of months (or years), what default OS version will they then be "returned" to?

As I must assume that you won't bother answering these questions, may I address it @Linker314 and kindly ask you for your thoughts on this instead?

Options

2 Posts

01-08-2021

France

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 195 of 520

2021-01-09, 15:02 PM

@PeterD. 

Hi, many thanks for your advice !

I brought it back to the shop and get reimbursed.

Good luck for the fix 

Options

25 Posts

12-09-2020

Austria

34 Signins

150 Page Views

• Message 196 of 520

2021-01-09, 17:53 PM
@Domi323 I think you probably made the right decision. If you want you can still follow this thread and if you read that Lenovo's third (or fourth etc ...) fix was successful you could maybe still return to this tablet, as it once was a very useful, reliable and resilient device (on Android 9; good hardware) before Lenovo interestingly decided to attack their own tablets (unfortunately in our hands ...) with this series of dilettantic upgrades.
Options

8 Posts

02-27-2019

United States of America

13 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 197 of 520

2021-01-09, 20:12 PM

I can’t speak for the entire Android device market in the East, but what I have learned in my dealings is this, the supply chain for components, hardware and assembly is extremely strong and integrated. HOWEVER, a tremendous amount depends and the size of the order and the possibility of getting future orders from a company. Further with smaller production runs, you either have to have someone you KNOW or have a CONNECTION with or get what you get (including the quality of components).

Software is a slightly different issue.

If the hardware company has an dedicated in house development team, then things go well. For example, you rarely find issues with drivers. But this is true primarily for Wintel boxes. The reason for this is Microsoft. In order for the device to be certified to get a valid Microsoft badge, it must pass a series of standard tests. Another issue is that the operating system is provide by Microsoft and may not be modified or change (the exception being drivers). Patches and upgrades are provide by Redmond, not locally by Lenovo.

When it comes to other OSs’ the rules change (in this case, Android). Google provides an OS that is put out in the open and developers may modify it accordingly. Unless you are dealing with a PURE Android release, every device you buy will have some customization of the OS to differentiate their device from another. For example look at the variations in companies versions of Android within a given release cycle. You may see it in phones, tablets and especially media boxes.

As I said in a prior post, Lenovo is a hardware company. And there specialty is Wintel systems. Android is a niche market for them. I personally feel that they are in the market for the sole purpose of maintaining a brand presence.

It is my thought that their use of the Android operating system for their devices is probably farmed out on a release by release contract with limited quality control. In other words, we will pay you money to modify the Android stock build to our specifications and for delivery by such a date. The developer provides the software in a modified and “as-is” condition. Lenovo then has X amount of time to quality check the software. If they miss something, then they have to start again. Looking at the second release of their Android 10 seems to confirm this based on the recurrence of the same errors.

Remember that Android has an extremely thin profit margin. The money is made by selling hardware and the only standard for software is that it runs Google applications.

Lenovo, if I am wrong about any of this, please post to this forum and explain why we are in a thread such as this in the first place.

Options

11 Posts

01-03-2021

Turkey

28 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 198 of 520

2021-01-10, 10:35 AM

Is there anyway to add e Sim on the tablet. Before update, there was an option but after the update, I cannot access mobile network and I cannot add e sim.... 

MODEL ZA6J0006TR, x606x 

And does this tablet support FM radio? (which is working without internet)

On the internet, as it seems, it has built in fm radio antenna, however, I couldn't open any fm radio applications. 

Could you answer please?

https://www.gsmchoice.com/en/catalogue/lenovo/tabm10fhdplus2ndgen/

https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/a7da5341

Screenshot_2021-01-10-13-27-13-168.jpeg Screenshot_2021-01-10-13-26-28-572.jpeg
Options

7 Posts

01-04-2021

Germany

6 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 199 of 520

2021-01-11, 8:24 AM

Got the new software as well. Widget updating seems to work; NOTIFICATIONS of non-google apps still DO NOT WORK.

Options

31 Posts

01-03-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

57 Signins

365 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 365
  • Message 200 of 520

2021-01-11, 17:56 PM

That's a nice conspiracy theory, but I think the distinction is actually between pre-installed apps and those apps you install yourself from the App store. There is a strong correlation of course with Google apps / other apps, but it is not an exact one. See my thread A partial workaround to the Android 10 notification problem.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms