Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

11 Posts

12-03-2020

Germany

8 Signins

115 Page Views

• Views: 115
  • Message 31 of 520

Re:Don't upgrade Tab M10 FHD Plus to Android 10 - problems.

2020-12-03, 14:53 PM

Same Problem, No notifications from 3rd Party Apps, it sucks, i cant use my Doorbell anymore on my tablet. Thank god that i have a Samsung s9 with a stable Android 10 Version so i can use my Apps there. No good Adverti**bleep**t for Lenovo...

Options

51 Posts

06-25-2020

France

37 Signins

335 Page Views

• Views: 335
  • Message 32 of 520

2020-12-03, 15:14 PM

No it didn't work. I make the manipulation : nothing. I reboot after plugging into the wall : the red light blink for the first time since Android 10 update but during Android loading the light stop working... 

I noticed that some notifications from non google apps appear when home page show but they deasapper quickly and the only thing left in notifications drawer is gmail synchronizing...

Options

2020-12-04, 15:41 PM

I wrote all my issues to Lenovo Team but no reply came so I decided to post it in the forums.

Please solve all those issues as it is hindering in our daily activities.

Screenshot_2020-12-04-21-06-48-692~2.jpeg
Options

8 Posts

02-27-2019

United States of America

13 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 34 of 520

2020-12-04, 19:17 PM

I've been experiencing all the issues that have already been discussed.

Frankly, I am sick of this update, it's issues and the inability to roll back. Also that it was pushed out while still in beta and the deafening silence from Lenovo. If I wanted this level of nonsense I would have bought a Windows tablet!

At least with Window on a desktop I might be able to find excuses. Varied configurations, testing in a VM environment, but this is 100% your locked down hardware. There is no excuse other then not caring about the customer to not have fully tested this release before pushing it out.

I have loved Lenovo in the past, but now I am seriously considering alternate brands.

Options

285 Posts

08-15-2017

United States of America

862 Signins

4043 Page Views

• Views: 4043
  • Message 35 of 520

2020-12-06, 10:45 AM

I have the same tablet and regret upgrading to android 10. Since upgrading it's definitely slower, there is a lag time between touching an icon and the app starting (never happened before). I wish there was an easy way to uninstall back to android 9.

Options

2 Posts

12-06-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 36 of 520

2020-12-06, 19:07 PM

Another problem after the upgrade to 10 - kids mode app will no longer let you add new apps.

Just got the tablet and installed 3 apps before I updated to android 10 in order to try out kids mode, after the upgrade to 10 the only apps that actually stay enabled are those 3!

It will let you click the enable toggle on newer apps, but then:
1. the "manage app access" setting shows that no new apps were enabled

2. the apps temporarily show up on the home screen

3. after a reboot or any significant length of time with the app in the background all the newly enabled apps disappear from the kids mode home screen.

In order to confirm the update was the issue I uninstalled and reinstalled the 3 working apps that I'd enabled when it was android 9, and now they also show the same issue as any of the new ones.

Very frustrating. How can I downgrade?

Update: spent 40 mins on hold waiting for Lenovo customer support to hang up as soon as I got to an agent. Said screw it and decided to try a factory reset. After setting things back up from the factory reset it worked, seems my issue was more Lenovo failing to handle an update properly than android 10 not supporting kids mode functions. 

Options

2 Posts

12-06-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 37 of 520

2020-12-06, 19:38 PM
Update: spent 40 mins on hold waiting for Lenovo customer support to hang up as soon as I got to an agent. Said screw it and decided to try a factory reset. After setting things back up from the factory reset it worked, seems my issue was more Lenovo failing to handle an update properly than android 10 not supporting kids mode functions.
Options

1 Posts

12-07-2020

Australia

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 38 of 520

2020-12-07, 5:07 AM

Did you managed to downgrade it back to android 9?? I have tried several methods (hard factory reset) even downloading Lenovo service tool to rescue from image file downloaded from Lenovo. Android 10 remains. Perhaps I will return this tablet since I have a 30 days money back. How silly that this tablet does not warn users that it is upgrading to Android 10. Now it has spoiled it's own reputation with silly method like this. Sad!!

Options

8 Posts

02-27-2019

United States of America

13 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 39 of 520

2020-12-08, 7:24 AM

Like "hackesackman", I thought I would give the support center a call. 35-minutes of my life never to be returned. Menu, wait, pick-up, click. Do you think that they know they screwed up?

I'm on a number of other Lenovo forums and see that they do reply. Here the silence in deafening!

What ticks me off is that I had purchased a tablet before this one and returned it because of the physical build quality. I never thought that I would be stuck with a tablet that was dying from self inflicted wounds!

As it now stands the following apps notification is failing on my system:

AccuWeather Widget and Notifications

New York Times Notifitications

Skype  Notifications

Zoom Notifitications

Hell! Even Avast isn't letting me know its running!

Lenovo! Get in here and at least acknowledge that there is an issue and you're reading this!

To add to "hackesackman" signature question, "Is MS Dos a feminist?"

Options

2020-12-08, 10:08 AM

@Ala_Lenovo  

Hey Lenovo Team please respond to our queries. We are regularly posting in this thread but there is minimal response from your side. It seems that you are ignoring this issue. The tab support team is hardly responsive. I wrote to the tab support a week before and also sent a reminder mail yesterday but no response came. The live chat support is not for tablets and in the forum issues aren't addressed properly. We don't know anything about this Android 10 fixing update when will this be coming and no response from your side. I got the Android 10 update on 1st week of November and now from one month it isn't resolved. We don't know how much is this issue resolved by tech team. I am just feeling that this issue has been ignored. Please update us with this issue. If you can't manage to meet our demands then it is useless to buy Lenovo in future. We have alternate brands too. It's just the matter of 2-3 years with my Lenovo device.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms