Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

32 Posts

12-20-2015

Greece

69 Signins

486 Page Views

• Views: 486
  • Message 411 of 488

Re:Don't upgrade Tab M10 FHD Plus to Android 10 - problems.

2021-03-18, 12:44 PM

again.. 606F here, updated to latest as mentioned on previous posts..

After even i had the motherboard replaced by Lenovo, the same problems exist:

Microsoft SwiftKey, and generally all apps now do work for long (lets say 3 days) but after this time they force close.

I always have to go and change back from Gboard to Microsoft Swiftkey when i see it been switched by itself back for no reason.

Widgets like Accuweather still no luck to make them work longer than some mins.

Also weawow widget for the weather work for ~3-4 days and then it's off till you open app again.

In addition, screen fade seems to work for some minutes after restart of tablet, but after that, it never works again, like it's an app that have problem as well.

Due to that battery drain is absolutely HUGE.. Dunno if it's only cos of that, but overnight i might loose around 25% battery.

So yeah, last update is way better than previus ones, but far away from good.

Shall i ask again to give us the option to rollback to 9?

Do we wait a new update soon? @Ala_Lenovo 

Options

5235 Posts

01-10-2019

Slovakia

1291 Signins

47294 Page Views

• Views: 47294
  • Message 412 of 488

2021-03-18, 16:35 PM

Hi all,

Thank you for all the feedback shared in this thread. I'm still in touch with the tech teams about this issue, trying to convey your feedback the best I can.

They are still working on fixing the issues you report on the forum. I hope to have some more updates for you soon.

Best regards,

Ala
Polish, Turkish & Smart Home Community Lead

EN: Welcome to the Community! If someone helped you today hit Like or accept a Solution!
Looking for information about Lenovo products?

PL: Witaj w Społeczności! Jeśli ktoś Ci dzisiaj pomógł, kliknij kciuk w górę lub zaakceptuj rozwiązanie!
Szukasz informacji o produktach Lenovo?

TR: Lenovo Topluluğuna hoş geldiniz! Bugün birisi size yardım ettiyse Beğen’e basın veya bir çözümü kabul edin!
Lenovo ürünleri hakkında bilgi mi arıyorsunuz?
_

Options

10 Posts

12-07-2019

Poland

16 Signins

285 Page Views

• Views: 285
  • Message 413 of 488

2021-03-18, 17:03 PM

Thank You for keeping us updated.

My personal opinion: I had Lenovo Tab S8 and Lenovo Legion Y540 notebook in the past and the support for it was absolutely terrible - there was no fixes of reported issues, even no answers on forum. Almost everything that was possible to fix had to be fixed on my own, at the big cost of my personal time.

Now I can see @Ala_Lenovo is at least trying to keep us updated and trying to help solve these issues cooperating with developers. This is my first positive feeling about Lenovo Support ever and I hope not the last, so

let's fix all these reported issues and this will be very appreciated.

Options

1 Posts

03-19-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 414 of 488

2021-03-19, 0:28 AM

Hello, I cant no longer keep the navigation bar from minimizing all the time, was the option removed with an update?

what's up with removing features previously available? Display - system navigation - 2 button - 3 button or productivity mode all minimize home and back buttons. 

Options

2 Posts

03-19-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 415 of 488

2021-03-19, 1:11 AM

I've got an X606F that I purchased recently; and it definitely has issues.  First off, it arrived with Android 10 already installed, so Lenovo is now shipping them with this crappy build of Android 10 preinstalled, so there is no way to roll back to Android 9 nor is there any 'Tablet Manager' app installed to work with.  As for issues:

1.  Most widgets absolutely DO NOT WORK!  I've noticed that widgets work fine when their associated app is opened in the foreground; but when it is closed or in the background, the widgets stop working within about 30 seconds.

2.  Background apps do not work.  I've tried all the tricks (turn off battery optimization, etc.) and Apps that need to run in the background to function (reminder apps,  music and media apps, etc.)  last for about 30 seconds and then quit.  My worst offender is Tick Tick.  It is a reminder app that is supposed to pop up reminders.  If I create a test reminder to pop up within less than a minute then it will work.  If I keep the app open in the foreground, then the reminders work.  But otherwise, the reminders don't work as the overzealous closing of background apps in this Android build keeps closing it.

3.  Casting to a new Chromecast is hit or miss... Casting from the VLC app and a few select others works fine, yet other apps don't; but weirdest of all is that the built in casting / screen mirroring functions built into Android do not work at all.  If you try, the TV screen with the Chromecast goes black for about 30 seconds while the tablet tries to make the connection, then it quits with a message that says casting has ended.  Because of the timing, it looks like this could also be related to background app scavenging.

4.  The screen on/off from the magnetic case closure feature on my case does not work properly.  Although it will initially turn the screen off, the screen turns back on by itself after a minute or two.  I've even added a very strong neodymium magnet to the case to see if it was just a weak magnet, but same result; after a minute or two it just turns itself back on.

If the tech team could fix the overly aggressive closing of background apps, I have a feeling that would solve the majority of the problems with this Android build.  The reminder apps and such would probably work properly, and widgets also would probably start working.  The casting issue is also huge, because it limits my ability to use my Chromecast with the tablet.

But for now, Lenovo is selling a tablet that is not worth buying.  Why pay for a tablet with 4GB of RAM when you're basically running one app at a time because of the background app closing.  I am heavily regretting my purchase because of these issues.

Options

2 Posts

03-19-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 416 of 488

2021-03-21, 15:46 PM

I just discovered another issue with the tablet.. Alarms only work if you use the Google Clock app.  I tried 10 different third party alarm apps and none of them work with this Android build.  They set the alarm all right (the alarm icon appears in the status bar); but the actual alarm never goes off (at the alarm time the icon just disappears).  With the Google clock app, the alarm work sometimes.  If it is a short term alarm (within an hour or two) it works fine.  But a longer time period (say 8 hours) and same behavior... no alarm going off.

This Android build is complete crap and apparently Lenovo doesn't care (probably because their tech team is too busy creating a new crap build for the new Barnes & Noble Nook tablets that Lenovo is creating).  Anyone who happens to stumble on this thread before buying one of these... my advice is DON'T.  Run from Lenovo like the plague.  The tablet is crap and Lenovo doesn't seem to give a **bleep**.  They've got the money from the people that already bought these pieces of junk and now they're out to fleece Barnes & Nobles customers by rebranding this piece of crap.

Options

4 Posts

03-15-2021

Spain

16 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 417 of 488

2021-03-22, 1:17 AM

Alguien podría decirnos cuál es la versión del firmware en android 9 para tablet Lenovo TB-X606-FA? Con el programa de Lenovo Rescue and Smart Assistant se puede hacer, pero necesito versión de ROM.. Gracias..

Options

6 Posts

02-13-2021

Italy

11 Signins

85 Page Views

• Views: 85
  • Message 418 of 488

2021-03-23, 21:42 PM

@Ala_Lenovo @Andy_Lenovo @Adriel_lenovo @Voithos 

Let me first excuse myself for tagging all of you, even though the only one that has been following the thread seems to be @Ala_Lenovo . I noticed you often help users on other threads, and I hope you could help me too.

As of writing this message, this thread has 420 replies and I don't expect you to read all of them, so let me make a quick recap:

• After updating M10 models to Android 10 around December 2020 a number of issues emerged with the tablet, mostly related to apps getting killed without a reason (causing notifications and widgets to stop working);
  • Starting from February 2021 some models started receiving updates (fixing the issues for most users) and @Ala_Lenovo replied to the thread, asking for a list of models which didn't yet receive the update;
  • Users responded readily and after some time some more M10 models got the fix while some others did not. Users such as myself expressed their concerns about this, but @Ala_Lenovo replied with elusive answers.

Since the last updates were rolled out, it seems like customers' concerns are being ignored. I have already asked @Ala_Lenovo two times if there were any news about X606FA models, only to receive a generic answer that did not address the problem at all. This is especially concerning because this model has the same exact hardware as the X606F model (which already got the update), it just ships with an additional Alexa dock so there is no apparent reason for it not being fixed like its counterpart has been.

My questions are the following:

• Are X606FA models going to get the fixing update?
  • If they will be fixed, what is the expected rollout date?
  • If they will not be fixed, why?

If you can't answer for whatever reason, please just let me know that you don't know the answer and refer me to someone that might know it.

Lenovo is still selling the tablet with the faulty software alredy installed, offering no compensation whatsoever. Users like me, which can not return the tablet anymore as they bought it long before the faulty software was released, are stuck with a tablet that is not working. I believe this behavior, at least in my country, can be followed by legal action; I am still waiting for an answer to my questions, and I am starting to consider reporting the whole issue to the market competition regulator of my country.

Options

4 Posts

03-15-2021

Spain

16 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 419 of 488

2021-03-23, 21:57 PM

I totally agree with you ... today I returned the tablet for another, you can't sell something like this .. The one I had was a model tb X606FA .. I spoke several times with Lenovo Spain and they gave no solution .. There are guys who carry  3 months with the problem and no solution, that's a disaster..Luck!

Options

5235 Posts

01-10-2019

Slovakia

1291 Signins

47294 Page Views

• Views: 47294
  • Message 420 of 488

2021-03-24, 15:08 PM

Hi @Keelhauler95 and all,

I understand your concerns.

I'm sorry I was not able to give you any updates regarding fives for X606FA and TB-X606XA models. 

I keep track of your reports regarding the issues with Android 10 on these models as well as the models that received the updates already and convey your feedback to the product team working with these models. The team is working hard to fix all the issues reported here, but unfortunately, I didn't receive any information about ETA of the fixes for X606FA and TB-X606XA models so far. I asked specifically about updates for these models and I will let you know when I will receive a response.

Thanks for understanding.

Best regards,

Ala
Polish, Turkish & Smart Home Community Lead

EN: Welcome to the Community! If someone helped you today hit Like or accept a Solution!
Looking for information about Lenovo products?

PL: Witaj w Społeczności! Jeśli ktoś Ci dzisiaj pomógł, kliknij kciuk w górę lub zaakceptuj rozwiązanie!
Szukasz informacji o produktach Lenovo?

TR: Lenovo Topluluğuna hoş geldiniz! Bugün birisi size yardım ettiyse Beğen’e basın veya bir çözümü kabul edin!
Lenovo ürünleri hakkında bilgi mi arıyorsunuz?
_

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)