Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

09-14-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 5

Tab M10 Plus no file manager app

2020-09-14, 21:44 PM

I bought an M10 Plus tablet today and there is no file manager app.

I can only view my files and downloads by going settings>storage>files and only then will it launch an app called files. I can't seem to bookmark the app in anyway for easier access, it shouldn't be this hard just to find files. Any ideas?

Answer
Options

45 Posts

12-10-2020

Australia

35 Signins

340 Page Views

• Views: 340

Re:Tab M10 Plus no file manager app

2021-03-08, 5:51 AM

I believe you’ll need to (re)create a shortcut to launch the native files app (com.android.documentsui) as the app is hidden by Lenovo’s launcher. I think part of the reason for this is to avoid confusion with whatever other file manager is included on the device (e.g. “Files by Google”).

The easiest way to do this is probably to just install an app that adds the shortcut back (and does nothing else), such as this > https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.marc.files < This app is what I’ve used for the M10 FHD Plus (2nd Gen) but there are others on Google Play.

There are likely other ways to make the native files app reappear in the launcher, but this is the most straightforward way that I know of.

Replies(4)
Options

2 Posts

09-16-2020

France

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 2 of 5

2020-09-16, 9:56 AM

There are Apps in the online shop to dowload. I have tried to connect to File Manager in Win10 on my desktop but the Android FM app does not communicate and I cannot transfer files from desktop to the tablet. Lenovo Chat states that my USB port isn't powerful enough.  So File Manager would be useless and the tablet a piece of junk if it can't cope with Win desktops.

Options

1 Posts

03-07-2021

Germany

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 5

2021-03-07, 9:12 AM

I have the same issue as NikolaiL. The native file explorer launched when I first connected my Samsung external drive. It was functional and I quite liked it.

The "storage" thingy in the settings has nothing at all to do anymore with browsing, accessing or formating storage. It should be called "cleanup" since the only thing it will do is delete stuff. I remember that becoming a slight issue on my other android devices after a major update in the middle of 2020, but they at least retained the option to manage the files.

After inserting a micro SD card however (and the restart, and being asked a second time which search engine I would like to set and choosing google for the second time - I don't like bing and don't know the others ...), there was no way at all anymore to access any of the files saved in the device's external or internal storage. I previously downloaded a data sheet-pdf and managed to save it to a file that I set up in the internal storage. That was not found either. The external storage devices were simply not shown (my previously mentioned Samsung storage and a 32gb sd card, that I defined as removable. I only need it for files, not apps.)

I don't like the Idea of installing a third party app to manage my files, when the native app works just fine. Why isn't it accessible? 

How can I make it available again?

Answer
Options

45 Posts

12-10-2020

Australia

35 Signins

340 Page Views

• Views: 340
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-03-08, 5:51 AM

I believe you’ll need to (re)create a shortcut to launch the native files app (com.android.documentsui) as the app is hidden by Lenovo’s launcher. I think part of the reason for this is to avoid confusion with whatever other file manager is included on the device (e.g. “Files by Google”).

The easiest way to do this is probably to just install an app that adds the shortcut back (and does nothing else), such as this > https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.marc.files < This app is what I’ve used for the M10 FHD Plus (2nd Gen) but there are others on Google Play.

There are likely other ways to make the native files app reappear in the launcher, but this is the most straightforward way that I know of.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

1 Posts

08-25-2021

India

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 5 of 5

2021-08-25, 17:10 PM

Awesome ! It work nicely

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms