Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

02-01-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 3

Tab M10 Tablet - Has the Disappearing Icon Problem Ever Been Fixed?

2021-02-01, 23:38 PM

HI all!

I just got an NOS (new old stock) 1st gen M10, brand spankin' new out of the box, and I am having what appears to be (or was when they were new) a very common problem:

I set up the home screen just the way I want it, and then all of the icons go away on their own!  A peek at the forum proves this is/was a problem for a lot of people.  BUT I have yet to read a fix for the issue.  Is/was it a Lenovo OR Android problem?  I am running updates right now but just in case, and for the record...

Has ANYONE figured this issue out yet???

Answer
Options

3 Posts

02-01-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

25 Page Views

Re:Tab M10 Tablet - Has the Disappearing Icon Problem Ever Been Fixed?

2021-02-05, 22:17 PM

UPDATE:   For the record, it seems the disappearing icon problem was indeed fixed with either a Lenovo OR Android update, as my tablet did even MORE updates since I started this thread, and the "home page" problem has gone away.  

So, if anyone else purchases a new leftover first generation M10 tablets, and has this same problem, just RUN ALL UPDATES and it should go away. 

ALSO, I noted that almost each time a major update installed, and the tablet restarted, THAT was when the icons/homepage settings changed.  So perhaps with each update, something or other was no longer compatible, etc.

Replies(2)
Options

2347 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

258 Signins

22902 Page Views

• Views: 22902
  • Message 2 of 3

2021-02-02, 13:28 PM

Hi @JD401!

Glad to have you here!

Please check first if there's an available update on your Tab M10.

Go to : Settings > System > About device/tablet > look for an option in there to update the device and download/install it then test it again.

You may also check this previous post for other steps that can be performed.

Also, you may check page 4 of your device's User Guide to see the steps on how you can lock/unlock an app that can try as well.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Answer
Options

3 Posts

02-01-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 3 of 3

2021-02-05, 22:17 PM

UPDATE:   For the record, it seems the disappearing icon problem was indeed fixed with either a Lenovo OR Android update, as my tablet did even MORE updates since I started this thread, and the "home page" problem has gone away.  

So, if anyone else purchases a new leftover first generation M10 tablets, and has this same problem, just RUN ALL UPDATES and it should go away. 

ALSO, I noted that almost each time a major update installed, and the tablet restarted, THAT was when the icons/homepage settings changed.  So perhaps with each update, something or other was no longer compatible, etc.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms