Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

01-27-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

4 Signins

45 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 45
  • Message 1 of 5

USB debugging keeps switching off.

2021-01-27, 13:16 PM

Hi - I have a Lenovo M10 Plus 10.3 inch 128gb tablet which is currently connected to my laptop via USB. I also have a piece of ebook software called Calibre installed on the laptop. For the first setup I went onto the tablet settings/connected devices/USB/Media Device On/USB Debugging On - I was then able to download books from Calibre to the tablet. When I take the USB out of the laptop, the debugging shuts off. Is there a way to keep debugging on permanently whether you have the USB lead in the laptop or wall charger or not. Do I have to go to tablet settings everytime I want to debug the tablet so I can download a book?

Thanks,

Gavin.

Options

1936 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

238 Signins

20767 Page Views

• Views: 20767
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:USB debugging keeps switching off.

2021-01-27, 13:44 PM

@ gavingilbert wrote:

Hi - I have a Lenovo M10 Plus 10.3 inch 128gb tablet which is currently connected to my laptop via USB. I also have a piece of ebook software called Calibre installed on the laptop. For the first setup I went onto the tablet settings/connected devices/USB/Media Device On/USB Debugging On - I was then able to download books from Calibre to the tablet. When I take the USB out of the laptop, the debugging shuts off. Is there a way to keep debugging on permanently whether you have the USB lead in the laptop or wall charger or not. Do I have to go to tablet settings everytime I want to debug the tablet so I can download a book?

Thanks,

Gavin.

Welcome to the Community Forums @gavingilbert!

Glad to have you here!

Just to ask, are you only using the USB Debugging mode for your Tab M10 Plus to download eBook(s) from your laptop?

Have you already tried to transfer the eBook(s) wirelessly to your tablet by using the app itself without enabling the USB debugging feature?

Since the USB is disconnected from the laptop, it also causes the USB debugging feature to be disabled/turned off automatically on the tablet afterwards.

Usually, USB debugging stays activated on an Android device not unless it will be disabled/deactivated by the user itself whether it will be turned off/disabled on the device or it will be removed/disconnected on a PC/laptop.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

6 Posts

01-27-2021

4 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2021-01-27, 13:51 PM

Hi - thanks for your reply. Yes - I'm only using the debugging feature to connect to the Calibre software. I have to keep the laptop/tablet connected while transferring books to the tablet  (so can't transfer wirelessly) otherwise Calibre will not recognise the device.

Options

1936 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

238 Signins

20767 Page Views

• Views: 20767
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-01-27, 14:38 PM

@ gavingilbert wrote:

Hi - thanks for your reply. Yes - I' only using the debugging feature to connect to the Calibre software. I have to keep the laptop/tablet connected while transferring books to the tablet  (so can' transfer wirelessly) otherwise Calibre will not recognise the device.

Thanks for replying @gavingilbert!

Are you getting any errors when attempting to transfer the files wirelessly to the tablet?

Upon researching through the app's site, you may download their application through your Tab M10 Plus to transfer files wirelessly.

It would be advisable to try that method as well to see if it will allow you to complete the action successfully.

You may also report it to the Calibre app support so that they can provide other troubleshooting steps if you're unable to transfer files wirelessly properly and if you're also getting an error as well.

But going back on the USB debugging feature, it will be disabled automatically as soon as it gets disconnected to a host (PC/laptop) when it is paired through a USB cable.

USB debugging can be activated again by tapping the device's build number 7 times so that you can use it.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

6 Posts

01-27-2021

4 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2021-01-27, 16:59 PM

Thanks for telling me about tapping 7 times  - that seemed to work but 'Media Device' in Connected devices tab does not stay on - I guess I'll have to go to settings everytime unless there is another solution.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms