Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-03-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 4

Unable to play music from my SD card. Lenovo TB-8504F

2021-04-03, 17:15 PM

I have previously been able to play music that I have on my SD card but when I go to File Manager to play music from there, when I click on a tune it says, "No application has been installed which can open this file."  If I go to , Settings, Storage and try to play from there, when I click on a track it says, "Can't open file." I've always been able to play the music I have on my SD card and not changed anything.

Anne

Options

1989 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

240 Signins

21027 Page Views

• Views: 21027
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Unable to play music from my SD card. Lenovo TB-8504F

2021-04-05, 13:45 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums @ Anneevo!

Thanks for posting here!

Just to ask, were you able to launch other files that are saved into your SD card without any issues at all?

Try to check the audio files that are saved into your SD card first and see if they're corrupted.

Corrupted files usually have a broken image icon and won't launch/play into your device and may need to be removed/deleted.

Another reason on why they won't play on the device is that it could be that the files are formatted into a different file type that the Tab4 8 tablet can't detect/read.

Also, try downloading any music/audio player launcher to your Tab4 8 device from the Google Play store then launch the audio files again and see if it'll work.

Let us know if this will work.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

04-03-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-04-05, 14:23 PM

I understand what you are saying.  However I was previously able to listen to the music I have downloaded onto the SD card so they were obviously in a format the tab could read.  I know I can download a player to play the music but didn't have to previously so wonder why I should have to suddenly but am willing to do that if that's what it takes..  As for other files, I do have books on there but have readers on the tab to access them.  I have since checked the SD card on my laptop and can play the music files on there so they are not corrupted.

Anne

Options

1989 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

240 Signins

21027 Page Views

• Views: 21027
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-04-08, 18:26 PM

@ Anneevo wrote:

I understand what you are saying.  However I was previously able to listen to the music I have downloaded onto the SD card so they were obviously in a format the tab could read.  I know I can download a player to play the music but didn' have to previously so wonder why I should have to suddenly but am willing to do that if that' what it takes..  As for other files, I do have books on there but have readers on the tab to access them.  I have since checked the SD card on my laptop and can play the music files on there so they are not corrupted.

Anne

Thanks for responding @ Anneevo!

Check still if the audio files were in the correct format (like .mp3 etc.).

Also, please check if the machine still have a default Music player app like Google Play Music since it is the default music player app that most Android devices are using.

If it's not in there, check if it can be still downloaded from the Google Play store so that you can play the audio files.

Please check this other link to see workarounds for this concern as well.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms