Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

04-29-2021

India

5 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 7

Unending problems with M10 tab

2021-04-29, 8:50 AM

I just unboxed a Lenovo M10 tab, which is my 13th mobile device. Nowhere earlier have I been so frustrated.

I will list my experience in a blog later, but right now my biggest problem is that the device has neither a TASKBAR nor a NAVIGATION BAR.

How on earth do I activate one of these so that I can access the current opened apps? Also, why is it disabled in the first place?

Tearing my hair apart,

s1b

Options

2344 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

258 Signins

22892 Page Views

• Views: 22892
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:Unending problems with M10 tab

2021-04-29, 12:48 PM

Hello @ sierra1bravo!

Welcome to the Community Forums!

You may go to Settings > Display > Navigation bar to customize your Tab M10 when navigating into the screen itself.

It does have 3 available options that you can turn on, which is: Classic, Productivity and Gesture mode.

As for the Navigation bar, recent app icons are displayed in the navigation bar, you can do any of the following:

• To open an app, tap its icon. 
  • When the app icons can not be completely displayed in the app list, will appear at the side of
    the navigation bar. To see the hidden icons, slide left or right
  • To adjust the order of the icons in the navigation bar, press and hold an app icon until it
    becomes slightly transparent, drag it to where you want to place it and then release it.
  • To close an app, press and hold an app until its icon becomes slightly transparent, drag it
    upwards and then release it

Those details are seen in slide number 5 of the Tab M10's User Guide, which can be viewed through this link.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

4 Posts

04-29-2021

India

5 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2021-05-03, 10:20 AM

Thanks for the helpful response. I had figured out part of the solution but the response is useful.

I now have several other problems. Here are the most pressing ones:

1. There is no Gallery, and I'm unable to view screenshots.

2. Hardware screenshots result in a notification from SystemUI that the screenshot is *being* saved...but it is never saved and the notification just hangs. In fact, I'm unable to get rid of this nomination or mute it (SystemUI notifications appear to be unmutable).

3. I've installed about 3 apps. However, I am now unable to install any more apps, despite having sufficient space of over 120GB (I've added another 32 GB as internal memory). Each time I try to install an app, the Free Up Space dialog pops up saying I should free up space. There is no error that says there is insufficient space. I have screenshots, but the UI of this web page (forums)  is not letting me upload them (I'm using Ubuntu 18.04 + Firefox).

This tab is almost a brick if I can't install apps.

With kind regards

s1b

Options

4 Posts

04-29-2021

India

5 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2021-05-03, 10:27 AM

In continuation with my previous message, here is the link to the image (scroll down to see the second).

s1b

Options

2344 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

258 Signins

22892 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2021-05-03, 20:04 PM

@ sierra1bravo wrote:

In continuation with my previous message, here is the link to the image (scroll down to see the second).

s1b

Thanks for responding @ sierra1bravo!

Please try clearing the Apps' cache/data by going to Settings > Apps.

Select the app (like Netflix for example), scroll down at the bottom of the page and tap Clear cache/data.

Repeat the same step for each apps that you have then restart it and try to install the apps that you want to use again.

Should the step didn't worked, backup all of your files and proceed with performing a factory reset to your Tab M10.

It is important to backup your files first since this step will erase all data that's stored in the device.

Once done with the factory reset, try to install apps into the device again and check if it will go through successfully.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

04-29-2021

India

5 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2021-05-04, 11:10 AM

Even after I uninstalled all apps, the tab is still showing no space for installing new apps (screenshot attached). I then did a factory reset. Keeping my fingers crossed.

This is a serious bug and the tablet is unusable if it re-occurs. I can't keep copying all my data and doing factory resets every three days (as in this case). Pls let me know how I can return the tablet if this happens again.

s1b

Options

2344 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

258 Signins

22892 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2021-05-04, 14:30 PM

@ sierra1bravo wrote:

Even after I uninstalled all apps, the tab is still showing no space for installing new apps (screenshot attached). I then did a factory reset. Keeping my fingers crossed.

This is a serious bug and the tablet is unusable if it re-occurs. I can' keep copying all my data and doing factory resets every three days (as in this case). Pls let me know how I can return the tablet if this happens again.

s1b

Thanks for the update @ sierra1bravo!

Check the tablet's internal storage as well by going to Settings and see if it matches the storage details that you're seeing in Google Play store.

Should it show the same details, you may get in touch with the Lenovo technical support for further recommendations towards this concern as well.

You may get their contact details through this link.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms