Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

11 Posts

12-13-2011

USA

57 Signins

346 Page Views

• Views: 346
  • Message 1 of 2

Upgrade From [K1][JB][AOSP] to [ROM][JB 4.1.2 JZO54K] CM10 for Ideapad K1 v6.1

2013-01-25, 19:22 PM

I loaded the [K1][JB][AOSP] using the NVFlash version.  I would like to load the [ROM][JB 4.1.2 JZO54K] CM10 for Ideapad K1 v6.1.  Do I have to start over and reload everything or is there a way to just load the rom and not lose all the apps that are loaded.  Like in recovery mode or something.

Thanks

I hope nopbody already asked this.  I tried looking but could not find it. 

Options

266 Posts

08-27-2009

Virginia, USA

804 Signins

3933 Page Views

• Views: 3933
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Upgrade From [K1][JB][AOSP] to [ROM][JB 4.1.2 JZO54K] CM10 for Ideapad K1 v6.1

2013-01-26, 15:41 PM

wrote:

I loaded the [K1][JB][AOSP] using the NVFlash version.  I would like to load the [ROM][JB 4.1.2 JZO54K] CM10 for Ideapad K1 v6.1.  Do I have to start over and reload everything or is there a way to just load the rom and not lose all the apps that are loaded.  Like in recovery mode or something.

Thanks

I hope nopbody already asked this.  I tried looking but could not find it. 

According to what I understand of the CM10 builds, it does require you to start with a full install (nvflash of v2) if you are coming from something other than CM10.  From there, then you can do a non-disruptive CWM recovery mode update to get to v6.1.  However, if you have JB AOSP installed, you can use an application like Titanium Backup (root permission required) to save all your apps and data before doing the nvflash upgrade, and then have it reinstall them after the upgrade.  So it take a little longer, time-wise, to do the backup and restore, but you don't really lose anything or have to "start over".

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms