Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

36 Posts

03-15-2012

Florida

639 Signins

1907 Page Views

• Views: 1907
  • Message 271 of 603

Re: When and where the USB Host Cable for Ideapad K1 comes out?

2012-03-15, 11:36 AM

I just sent an email with the link to this thread to as many top Lenovo execs as I could find.  I know some of the email addresses were valid.  My next step is I am gathering email addresses for consumer reporters from various states and I am going to send them the story and the forum link.  If we can esculate this issue maybe Lenovo will respond.

This may have been over a $10 cable, but now it is about principle and consumer awareness.

Options

67 Posts

02-02-2012

United States of America

311 Signins

1240 Page Views

• Views: 1240
  • Message 272 of 603

2012-03-15, 13:07 PM

wrote:

wrote:

Today marks week 3 since the last update, I believe that it is reasonable to have new information on this??

The 29th of Feb was two weeks ago and not three - just wanted to clear that point up.

Ah Andy, I hit a nerve, hu? Instead of spending time going back 5 pages to check if my post was correct or not, you should've taken the time to drop a line to Mark and say "Hey, you may want to check out this thread, there's people there needing answers on an issues you said you were going to update them on, and they are not happy about it...", but instead you waste time correcting something where you are still wrong.

Let's clear that point then, the last TRUE UPDATE on the product availability (not a reply to catch a typo as he did on the 29th) was on 2/21, by Mark's own post/words:

Betreff: When and where the USB Host Cable for Ideapad K1 comes out?

st_albert,

Vapor ware... ah, yes...

Ironically, we actually have some stock on the cables but as we've been working on this over the last two weeks we hit some snag in our sales IT that has held us up. Why this P/N, I don't understand.   The teams are working and the last update was on 2/21/12.  I'll check back with them tomorrow.

I don't care how many millions of posts you've read, you still fail to understand how to treat your peers, and if by any chance you are a Lenovo employee, then you fail to understand how to treat your customers.

All you did with your replies and comments was stirr the pot further. If in your world silence doesn't mean forgotten, you are alone on that one, and the million plus read posts experience you rely on have not help you develop a customer service sense. Customer service is about keeping the customer - that has invested money in Lenovo by purchasing their product - INFORMED. Silence is not information, last time I checked.

Options

45 Posts

02-22-2012

Canada

268 Signins

1444 Page Views

• Views: 1444
  • Message 273 of 603

2012-03-15, 13:11 PM

wrote:

I just sent an email with the link to this thread to as many top Lenovo execs as I could find.  I know some of the email addresses were valid.  My next step is I am gathering email addresses for consumer reporters from various states and I am going to send them the story and the forum link.  If we can esculate this issue maybe Lenovo will respond.

This may have been over a $10 cable, but now it is about principle and consumer awareness.

Talking about escalation...If you have the lists of their email adress, it will be great if you send them the link to the ICS fraudulent Advertising thread and also the Source code thread.

Options

6 Posts

03-02-2012

Alabama, USA

37 Signins

189 Page Views

• Views: 189
  • Message 274 of 603

2012-03-15, 14:24 PM

I have washed my hands of this company.  I returned my K1 tablet last night and vow NEVER to buy a Lenovo product again.  You better believe I have passed this story along to every person I know so that others can be aware of the awful business practices of Lenovo.  Rest assured they will not be buying a Lenovo product either.

Options

8095 Posts

11-19-2007

United States of America

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 275 of 603

2012-03-15, 15:10 PM

All,

I appreciate the frustration on this - it has proven more difficult than it should be to get several of our logistics systems sync'd up to make this product available on the web and enough inventory in place to support the business rules for making things available for sale on the web.  (At the time of my last post I was told there was inventory - and somehow that has been depleted. )

The update I received yesterday is that additional inventory is being pulled in, and that it should be available on the web some time next week.

Sorry to hear that this cable option has so tested your patience.  I truly can't explain why this has taken several months to address.  

I sincerely apologize.

Best regards,

Mark

Options

67 Posts

02-02-2012

United States of America

311 Signins

1240 Page Views

• Views: 1240
  • Message 276 of 603

2012-03-15, 15:28 PM

I love my tablet, I've been lucky that I haven't had some of the issues that others are complaining about (multiple freezes, random reboots, etc). I conviced my father in law and my wife's brother in law to buy the same tablet, and so far both of them are happy with the performance and know that this is a far superior tablet compared to the iPad2 (and iPad3 from what I've seen so far).
As long as I have that cable, I'll be able to use the tablet for what I bought it for, that's why I keep insisting.

If they have stock of that cable already, what's stopping them from making it available! A little snag shouldn't take 3 weeks to resolve...

I do believe that they could've done better in the design:
- Developing a prop plug rather than using the standard the industry is using is a move in the wrong direction (micro usb should've been available and this thread would've never existed)
- Manufacturers usually develop prop plugs (ie. apple) to control release of accessories, which so far lenovo has failed to produce. Another design flaw I saw in one of the accessories is the docking station, all it does is stand the tablet up for $40+?? It should've been bigger, include the HDMI plug and have the outlet for it on the back, like most HD docking stations have.
- Prop plug to USB data cable not being able to charge the tablet, major flaw!

This tablet would be perfect if it had the micro usb instead of prop plug, we wouldn't have to carry 3 different cables, one to charge, one to transfer data, and the USB host to connect to external drives... nice.

Industry standard micro usb to usb charger and data transfer both from PCs and external hard drives would've made this the perfect tablet. Why miss the mark on purpose with a prop plug?

Anyways, back to topic, THANK YOU MARK FOR THE UPDATE! I hope we see the cable on the website and we are able to order it! As mentioned before, we appreciate your involvement in this, we just wished for more communication, that's all.

Thanks again.

Options

322 Posts

12-27-2011

Philippines

721 Signins

4652 Page Views

• Views: 4652
  • Message 277 of 603

2012-03-15, 15:54 PM
Where is lenovos-sense of-justice? This-and other issues just keep on going and going. If they cannot resolve this maybe lenovo should just return peoples money. This is becoming a one sided deal and on top of that people are experiencing great frustration and aggravation.

Please rethink the release of the k2. Spare peolple the atrocious treatment they will be getting from your company. Its not allabout the money.
Options

109 Posts

12-19-2011

Michigan

1822 Signins

12158 Page Views

• Views: 12158
  • Message 278 of 603

2012-03-15, 18:34 PM

wrote:
Where is lenovos-sense of-justice? This-and other issues just keep on going and going. If they cannot resolve this maybe lenovo should just return peoples money. This is becoming a one sided deal and on top of that people are experiencing great frustration and aggravation.

Please rethink the release of the k2. Spare peolple the atrocious treatment they will be getting from your company. Its not allabout the money.

Really. I got mine in mid December. Most issues have NOT been resolved. The compass still points 90 degrees off. ANY star chart program is a joke with that issue. Auto Brightness? That's a joke. This cable? Promises, promises, promises... including stock on hand that no one could buy yet getting somehow depleted and now we have the hope of stock magically appearing in another week (probably with no updates on that statement for weeks, just like the last time).

All the people that look to me for advice, being I'm the area tech nerd, sure as heck get warnings what NOT to buy as well.  Lenovo seems to not to care. Maybe it'll come back to haunt them, maybe it won't. If I were in a position to make decisions there, I sure wouldn't be taking that chance...

Options

26 Posts

12-28-2011

112 Signins

1235 Page Views

• Views: 1235
  • Message 279 of 603

2012-03-15, 19:07 PM
how much stock is going to be available? what guarantee do we have that the cable won't sell out in 5 seconds? and when it sells out, will there be more or will it be just those few and then nothing?
i hope this isn't just the case of scraping up some left-overs that did not ship with their EU tablets and selling them out just so they can say that they were, in fact, available at one time for sale and its not their fault that we didn't get them while they were in stock.
Options

322 Posts

12-27-2011

Philippines

721 Signins

4652 Page Views

• Views: 4652
  • Message 280 of 603

2012-03-15, 19:18 PM
There is no guarantee that there is even stocks of the cable. For all we know we are hoping for phantom inventory that never existed. Knowing the time has lapse im really be leaning that there is no available stocks of the cable and never will be.

They would have sold it in n instant if there are stocks. Knowing lenovos glutony for sales.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms