Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

01-26-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 7

Wifi issue

2021-01-26, 15:57 PM

Each day I try to use my tablet for the first time it wont open any websites. The device says it is connected to wifi. Once I disconnect wifi and reconnect everything is great and no issues for the rest of the day. The following day it's the same issue.

I have had my tablet about a week and it's been doing it since the first day.

I have a strong signal usually between -35 to -45db and around 250Mbps. None of my other devices ever have any wifi issues.

Thanks

Options

2794 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

280 Signins

25297 Page Views

• Views: 25297
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:Wifi issue

2021-01-26, 16:02 PM

@ Don40vette wrote:

Each day I try to use my tablet for the first time it wont open any websites. The device says it is connected to wifi. Once I disconnect wifi and reconnect everything is great and no issues for the rest of the day. The following day it' the same issue.

I have had my tablet about a week and it' been doing it since the first day.

I have a strong signal usually between -35 to -45db and around 250Mbps. None of my other devices ever have any wifi issues.

Thanks

Welcome to the Community Forums @Don40vette!

Glad to have you here!

Just to ask:

• Can you please share your device's MTM (machine type-model) number for us to check its specifications?
  • Does this also happens when connecting to other WiFi network(s)?
  • Also, does this happens when using a specific type of web browser like Google Chrome?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

7 Posts

01-26-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2021-01-26, 16:27 PM
Hey Adriel, thanks for the quick response. My device is a Tab M10 Plus I have no issues at all with any of my other wifi devices. It's very rare to lose my connection. I have outstanding service. I have only tried this on Google Chrome. Thanks
Options

2794 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

280 Signins

25297 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2021-01-26, 17:08 PM

@ Don40vette wrote:

Hey Adriel, thanks for the quick response.My device is a Tab M10 PlusI have no issues at all with any of my other wifi devices. It' very rare to lose my connection. I have outstanding service.I have only tried this on Google Chrome.Thanks

Thanks for the replying @Don40vette!

And thanks for sharing your device's details as well.

Additional questions still:

• Does this only happens when browsing for a specific site using Google Chrome app/browser?
  • How about when using other app(s) that requires the use of WiFi, is it working?

Try to check first if there's an available update for the Chrome browser app itself.

Tap/Open Google Play store and go to My games & apps section to check for updates.

If there are no update(s) available for the Google Chrome app, proceed in clearing the app(s) data/cache.

Go to Settings > look for Apps > select Clear data then test it again.

Also, try to uninstall/reinstall the Google Chrome browser app and see if it will provide the same result.

You may also uninstall/reinstall the app itself through the My games & apps section of Google Play store.

Another step to consider here is by using a different web browser for your Tab M10 Plus and see if the issue will also occur.

It would be also recommended to test with other other WiFi network/connection as well.

Update us how it goes.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

7 Posts

01-26-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2021-01-26, 17:20 PM
It will not connect to any website. The device shows that it has a connection but it wont connect until I disconnect and reconnect and it works great, no issues until the following day. Then its the same thing. This device replaced a Tab 8 and it never had any issues with the wifi. Im using that in my garage for listening to Spotify and it works perfect, no issues
Options

7 Posts

01-26-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2021-01-27, 14:00 PM

There was an update for google chrome so I updated that yesterday and all worked perfectly. I tried opening google chrome this morning, same thing, wifi not connected. Disconnect wifi, reconnect, back to working normally.

Before I disconnect wifi it is indicating that it is connected but it will not open any websites until I disconnect/reconnect.

Options

2794 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

280 Signins

25297 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2021-01-27, 14:30 PM

@ Don40vette wrote:

There was an update for google chrome so I updated that yesterday and all worked perfectly. I tried opening google chrome this morning, same thing, wifi not connected. Disconnect wifi, reconnect, back to working normally.

Before I disconnect wifi it is indicating that it is connected but it will not open any websites until I disconnect/reconnect.

Thanks for the update @Don40vette!

Were you able to check if the issue also occurs when using a different web browser like Opera or Firefox browser just to test?

Also, are you getting any message(s) when you try to browse any site(s) on the Google Chrome browser when it's having issues?

Try connecting the Tab M10 Plus to a different WiFi network just to see if the issue will still occur.

But if the issue still only happens when using Chrome browser, it would be advisable to have this be reported directly to Google support by tapping the Help & feedback button/option as it may seem to be an issue only with the Google Chrome app itself since other app(s) are working without any issues.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms