Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

08-27-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 7

2-point pogo-pin connector - Tab M10 FHD Plus (2nd Gen)

2020-08-27, 7:59 AM

The ZA5T0287GB - Tab M10 FHD Plus (2nd Gen) has a Guide pins + 2-point pogo-pin connector but I cannot find any accessories that connect to it - is a dock or keyboard going to be made available to enhance the tablet. 

If not can someone tell me the point of the connector.  

Options

2116 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

230 Signins

10836 Page Views

• Views: 10836
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:ZA5T0287GB - Tab M10 FHD Plus (2nd Gen)

2020-08-27, 8:48 AM

@ JRPV wrote:

The ZA5T0287GB - Tab M10 FHD Plus (2nd Gen) has a Guide pins + 2-point pogo-pin connector but I cannot find any accessories that connect to it - is a dock or keyboard going to be made available to enhance the tablet. 

If not can someone tell me the point of the connector.  

Hi JRPV, 

Welcome to the Community Forums.

From what I recall most Tab M10, including the FHD Plus, has 2-point pogo pins and a USB-C 2.0 for charging and data transfer only (sending pictures and files etc).

Both of the old M10 HD and M10 FHD tablets come with a smart dock while the M10 FHD Plus did not I believe? 

That however, does not mean that you can't get one that makes use of the 2-point pogo pins.

Normally a USB 2.0 (USB-C is only the connector type) can connect to a variety of peripherals (Keyboard, mouse, external storage(USB, HDDs) etc). So you can always try to connect a mouse/keyboard that has a USB-C type dongle. I can not guarantee it will work, but I do not see why it wouldn't. Most of the time, the reason why accessories are not shown for devices is because it has not been tested with it, so compatibility can not be guaranteed.

Hope this helps clarify a few things.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

2 Posts

08-27-2020

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 3 of 7

Re:ZA5T0287GB - Tab M10 FHD Plus (2nd Gen)

2020-08-27, 12:03 PM
Voithos Thanks for that - I and not sure if the Tab M10 FHD Plus (2nd Gen) will work with the smart dock it also seems you cannot buy them on their own..from Lenovo only from ebay etc from people who do not want them. I was wondering why Lenovo would put the Po-Go pins on the device if they do not have any accessories that use them. I find the tablet very good for the price point especially the Screen and the Ram makes it faster a big up grade from my old Yoga...
Options

1 Posts

09-04-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 7

Re:2-point pogo-pin connector - Tab M10 FHD Plus (2nd Gen)

2020-09-04, 5:23 AM

I'm curious this myself.  Would be nice to have a keyboard that directly attaches perhaps with extra USB ports like the Tab10 Keyboard  (which does not work with the m10 far as I can tell)

Options

1 Posts

10-13-2020

3 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 5 of 7

2020-10-13, 15:13 PM

I'd also like to be able to procure the Charging Station at the very least separately. When I bought my M10 plus it was on sale which meant there was an £80 difference between it and the version with the station (which wasn't on sale). Now I'd like to get the station to charge the tablet when using it at the table on board gaming nights!

Options

1 Posts

12-18-2020

Germany

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 6 of 7

2020-12-18, 1:07 AM

I'm not a Lenovo employee, so I cannot comment on official accessories, but I'm also bummed that I cannot buy either the Smart Dock or the Smart Charging Station separately from the tablet itself.

Reading the fine letter on the product descriptions, and reviews, the Smart Dock seems to actually connect over Bluetooth while the pogo pins only charge the device when docked, which makes sense for reducing the effort of producing it (and allowing you to use as loudspeaker/microphone for calls and <insert your preferred smart assistant>.

I've took a multimeter and a lab power suply and seems to confirm it. Looking to the screen of my M10 FHD 2nd. Gen, with the pogo pins downward (docking position), the left pin is +5V and the right one is the negative. Connecting the power supply and setting it to 5V/2A limits it start charging my tablet.

The tablet only consumes 1.35A when charging (currently it is 85%).

I hope it helps. The pogo connector doesn't provide charge, only receives it. So I think any accessory would need to have its own power supply and connects over Bluetooth for more than just charging.

Options

1 Posts

02-21-2021

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 7 of 7

2021-02-21, 16:01 PM

Anyone had any success either buying something meant to act as a pure and simple charging dock or found one similar that works or could be adapted to work ?

I'm currently waiting for some info on some spring loaded  pogo pins -if they are the right demensions I might consider trying to make something if I can't buy something. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms