Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

04-07-2021

Italy

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 7

lenovo tab p11 OTA update problem

2021-04-07, 13:03 PM

Hi, does anyone else have problem with the ultimate OTA update in europe? It start installation regularly it reboot 2 to 3 time then it boot and appear the message that was impossible to apply the update, any suggestion?
Thank you in advance!

Options

1989 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

240 Signins

21027 Page Views

• Views: 21027
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:lenovo tab p11 OTA update problem

2021-04-07, 13:46 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums @ adamooo96!

Thanks for posting here!

You may try downloading the Rescue and Smart Assistant tool on a Windows PC/laptop and plug your Tab P11 tablet to update it from there.

It can be downloaded through this link.

Please check this other link for additional steps on how the device can be updated to its latest version as well.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

04-07-2021

Italy

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2021-04-09, 17:59 PM

Hi, thank for the reply.

i tried to download the tool and when i attach the device it dont say itpresent an update but it says that can i use the rescue mode but i think that it will erase all my content on the tablet, and evene in the tool it say that i need to download the new rom to reinstall it.

What can i do otherwise?

Options

1989 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

240 Signins

21027 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2021-04-09, 18:27 PM

@ adamooo96 wrote:

Hi, thank for the reply.

i tried to download the tool and when i attach the device it dont say itpresent an update but it says that can i use the rescue mode but i think that it will erase all my content on the tablet, and evene in the tool it say that i need to download the new rom to reinstall it.

What can i do otherwise?

Thanks for the update @ adamooo96!

Check if there's an available update to the Rescue and Smart Assistant tool (RSA).

To do that, click Settings (or the gear-shaped like icon) and select Software Update then install it on the device and connect the Tab P11 again.

Based on the RSA's User Guide, it says in there that Rescue Mode or rescuing the device only needs to be performed if your device does not power on, has serious software issues, or you forgot your PIN, reinstalling the device system software (firmware) could resolve the issue and avoid having to repair or replace your device.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

04-07-2021

Italy

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2021-04-09, 18:39 PM

unfortunately, i tried from the gear to but i think that update the program of Lenovo but not the firmware.

I need to reset the device from the rescue menu? there aren't any solution otherwise?

Options

1 Posts

04-13-2021

Czech Republic

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 6 of 7

2021-04-13, 8:40 AM

Hi,

trying to fix the same issue with my Lenovo Tab P11.

It looks like a problem with a released firmware because is not able to proceed OTA update.

I´ve tried several times again and again, but still the same problem => package OTA has been not installed.

Any progress with this issue?

Many thanks 

Options

1989 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

240 Signins

21027 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2021-04-13, 12:50 PM

@ adamooo96 wrote:

unfortunately, i tried from the gear to but i think that update the program of Lenovo but not the firmware.

I need to reset the device from the rescue menu? there aren' any solution otherwise?

Thanks for the update @ adamooo96!

Clicking the update feature will only update the Rescue and Smart Assistant tool itself.

Once updated, it'll definitely add enhancements to the tool itself and might have other devices be added into it as well so that it can be upgraded over there, if it's already available.

A device only needs to be rescued if the machine itself is encountering performance issues like if it's not powering on or not booting up for example.

There's no need to rescue your Tab P11 using the tool even if it can't get the update right now since it's still working fine.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms