Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

54 Posts

11-17-2011

Illinois

517 Signins

2007 Page Views

• Views: 2007
  • Message 11 of 16

Re: love the K1, opinions on the A1?

2012-03-05, 13:59 PM

Janet, thanks for the suggestion. I have saved a lot of money by having an organized list and following it.

Options

20 Posts

12-06-2011

maine

26 Signins

144 Page Views

• Views: 144
  • Message 12 of 16

We'll I bought one, an A1

2012-03-05, 15:50 PM

My son loved the Coby 7127 until the screen stopped responding in 32 days. I had to hack netflix and android market on it and he loved it.  The defective screen and burning smell are a real statement for Coby product quality. Also no call from tech support for 3 weeks after daily requests.   Thank goodness Amazon stepped in and refunded it, no questions asked. Ironically, I sent it back to Amazon and Coby called the next day.  Go figure.   I then tried a Playbook, great build quality and screen just NO APPS. No Netflix, amazon, skype, android market nothing at all for a kid. And most everything was "buy it", not much free.

I think the A1 will be fine.  I'll keep the upgrades current and use this great site to keep it going.  I love lenovo products and the K1 being killer for the money  (in my opinion the best10.1"  tablet on the market and I have tried others extensively (Xoom and Asus). 

Thank you for all of your opinions.  As long as it has the Market and Netflix, he'll be happy.  Hopefully it does not break.  My fingers are crossed.  I was going to buy the 2 year warranty ($53.41) but used an AMEX card which doubles the warranty.

It comes in 5-7 days. I do not like Lenovos return policy.   15% restocking, no full refunds.

Thanks again!  I will keep you apprised of the reliability.

Options

201 Posts

11-08-2011

United States

541 Signins

3542 Page Views

• Views: 3542
  • Message 13 of 16

Re: We'll I bought one, an A1

2012-03-05, 16:26 PM

wrote:

My son loved the Coby 7127 until the screen stopped responding in 32 days. I had to hack netflix and android market on it and he loved it.  The defective screen and burning smell are a real statement for Coby product quality. Also no call from tech support for 3 weeks after daily requests.   Thank goodness Amazon stepped in and refunded it, no questions asked. Ironically, I sent it back to Amazon and Coby called the next day.  Go figure.   I then tried a Playbook, great build quality and screen just NO APPS. No Netflix, amazon, skype, android market nothing at all for a kid. And most everything was "buy it", not much free.

I think the A1 will be fine.  I'll keep the upgrades current and use this great site to keep it going.  I love lenovo products and the K1 being killer for the money  (in my opinion the best10.1"  tablet on the market and I have tried others extensively (Xoom and Asus). 

Thank you for all of your opinions.  As long as it has the Market and Netflix, he'll be happy.  Hopefully it does not break.  My fingers are crossed.  I was going to buy the 2 year warranty ($53.41) but used an AMEX card which doubles the warranty.

It comes in 5-7 days. I do not like Lenovos return policy.   15% restocking, no full refunds.

Thanks again!  I will keep you apprised of the reliability.

Amazon sells the SquareTrade Warranty for three-years (including the manufacturers first year) for $29,99 (the electronics version, not the tablet version which is more expensive and covers accidental damage). No need to buy on Amazon for the warranty.

@Also had the 7127 which I liked, but the screen died. Sent it back to Amazon, and bought the A1 @ $199.99 from Amazon. I am actually on my second A1. Destroyed the mic poking a paper clip in all the holes looking for a reset button (there isn't one). Sent it back to Amazon, and thought I would have to accept a refund, but a few A1's became available at the $199,99 price and the sent it - no charge. I really love Amazon and Lenovo

IdeaPad A1-07
iPhone 3GS
Options

167 Posts

11-26-2011

Bay Area

241 Signins

2309 Page Views

• Views: 2309
  • Message 14 of 16

2012-03-06, 5:23 AM
The A1 does have its place, and I certainly feel it is one if not the best in a 7" offering. Just didn't meet my needs.
Thanks,
Ricochet
The K1_Was Just A Broken Promise Lenovo
Options

33 Posts

02-13-2012

United States of America

85 Signins

522 Page Views

• Views: 522
  • Message 15 of 16

2012-03-06, 16:45 PM

Like a couple of others I tried the 7127 from coby first and it was a great device while it worked. I had two of them die on me. The A1 has been rock solid not as fast but I would rather have working over speed. I haven't had any issues with the A1, I have seen a few people complain about wireless and reboots but mine has been fine none of these issues.

Options

20 Posts

12-06-2011

maine

26 Signins

144 Page Views

• Views: 144
  • Message 16 of 16

Re: We'll I bought one, an A1, squaretrade

2012-03-07, 2:36 AM
I would have bought a squaretrade warranty, except they are not sold in Maine. Something about our consumer protection laws. It has shipped. Hoping for delivery on Friday.

Thanks....
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms