Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

02-18-2013

Sealy Texas

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 4

need help with my K1 tablet

2013-02-18, 13:40 PM
HELP!!! This tablet has been giving me problems ever since it was given to me for Christmas. It always does a force close on all apps. And now it powers up but the screen won't come on. The two little LEDs on the front used to come on now they just flicker. Is there anything I can do to try resetting this tablet? Or is it just trash now?
Options

266 Posts

08-27-2009

Virginia, USA

804 Signins

3933 Page Views

• Views: 3933
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: need help with my K1 tablet

2013-02-18, 16:10 PM

wrote:
HELP!!! This tablet has been giving me problems ever since it was given to me for Christmas. It always does a force close on all apps. And now it powers up but the screen won't come on. The two little LEDs on the front used to come on now they just flicker. Is there anything I can do to try resetting this tablet? Or is it just trash now?

You didn't mention whether there was any "history" to this tablet (was it previously owned by someone else? did they install any non-standard ROMs on it?), but I'll assume you want to get back to a clean, working, factory stock build.  Assuming that what you are experiencing is not a hardware problem (if the two little LEDs are actually "flickering" instead of just flashing once, that concerns me), you could try reinstalling the stock ROM image.  You can find instructions and download information here:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Slate-Tablets-Knowledge/K1-Stock-Rom-120109-Bootloader-Fix/ta-p/864225

Note that you have to first download and install the "nvflash" (aka "APX") drivers onto your Windows computer, then try to boot the tablet into APX mode, as instructed, being sure to firmly hold both ends of the Volume+/- rocker switch in while pressing the power on button.  If both LEDs don't come on and stay on after doing this, then you may have a more serious problem.  If they do, then connect the tablet to your computer using the USB cable, and proceed as described.  Also, make sure the tablet is fully charged before doing this.

Options

3 Posts

02-18-2013

Sealy Texas

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 4

2013-02-19, 2:13 AM
It was purchased brand new from Comp USA. I just got home and now it won't do anything. At first the screen would flash white really fast then turn off. Now it won't even do that. I am pretty sure it is done for.
Options

3 Posts

03-17-2013

oregon

2 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 4 of 4

2013-03-17, 4:11 AM

Hi, Sorry about your tablet! I had that issue 8 months into my K1 idea pad. When I turned it on the light bar would come  on as tho it were going to load & then shut off. I called Lenovo(luckily I was in my 1 yr warrenty) They h ad me do a series of button pushing & ultimatly had me send it in & they fixed it. I thinkit was the mother board. I couldn't tell if they replaced it or just sent me a new unit. No letter or any explanation of what was done was included. It's worked fine since. So if you're still in your warrenty period, you may want to call them

Good luck!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms