Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

02-12-2021

Norway

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 4

touchpad suddenly stopped TAB4 10 Plus Tablet

2021-02-12, 17:59 PM

got a big notice asking me if I wanted  to do an update on my TAB4 10 Plus Tablet.

Nothing seemed to be happening for 2 hours until I  Had to leave for an unavoidable appointment.

Worked fine then and during appointment, but when I got home touchscreen just did not respond.

More or less all fixes I have read of requires me to use touchscreen one way or another to be able to do any diagnostic on the matter.

Anyone have any ideas on what might be wrong or what to try to fix this before I give up on device?

Options

2968 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

287 Signins

26137 Page Views

• Views: 26137
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:touchpad suddenly stopped TAB4 10 Plus Tablet

2021-02-12, 19:54 PM

@ Kupo wrote:

got a big notice asking me if I wanted  to do an update on my TAB4 10 Plus Tablet.

Nothing seemed to be happening for 2 hours until I  Had to leave for an unavoidable appointment.

Worked fine then and during appointment, but when I got home touchscreen just did not respond.

More or less all fixes I have read of requires me to use touchscreen one way or another to be able to do any diagnostic on the matter.

Anyone have any ideas on what might be wrong or what to try to fix this before I give up on device?

Welcome to the Community Forums @Kupo!

Nice to have you here!

If you can no longer get back to the home/main screen of your Tab4 10 Plus, you may perform a factory reset to the device itself to see if you'll be able to use it again afterwards.

Please note that this step will erase all data that's stored to the device.

1. Ensure the device is turned off and not connected to any charger.
  2. Press and hold the correct keys to start the device into recovery mode. This varies from device to device. Normally there are three key combinations to enter recovery mode for Lenovo android tablets:
    • Volume Up + Power
    • Volume Down + Power
    • Volume Up + Volume Down + Power
  3. Navigate to Wipe data/factory reset or Reset factory
  4. Press Enter. Factory reset will start automatically and wait till it finishes

You may also download the Rescue and Smart Assistant tool using a Windows PC/laptop and connect the Tab4 10 Plus to see if you can reset it from there.

Check this other link as well to see the steps on how to use it.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

2 Posts

02-12-2021

Norway

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-02-14, 0:21 AM

Thanks for the suggestions already tried pretty much tried all of that, everything seems to be working fine except touch-functionality, no sign of any damage and have not had any shocks since my back glass broke half a year ago,

Guess should I have attempted a warrantee claim back then when I still had it instead of following the stores suggestion of adding a screenprotector over it to prevent actual damage.

Options

2968 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

287 Signins

26137 Page Views

• Views: 26137
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-02-15, 20:24 PM

Thanks for the update @Kupo!

You may bring the device instead to the local service providers near your area in order for them to inspect the device and if needed to, repair it as well as this may seem to be a possible hardware concern with the Tab 4 10 Plus tablet itself and might require repairs for it to function/work properly again.

Regards,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)