Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amjl2000
Punch Card
Views: 749
Message 11 of 14

Re: 2nd Request for A1107 ICS Source

Hiya, I'm curious now as to what might happen now that the source (or most of it) is available? Graham (or even you Krylon), do you have plans to do anything e.g. cm9? I'm not expecting anything, and to be fair, apart from a couple of battery niggles every now and again, I'm happy with Lenovo's ICS. Of course, any improvements are always welcome! (I ask as I can't see any posts on xda). Cheers!
Guru
Views: 732
Message 12 of 14

amjl2000:

There is CM9 for the A1 work-in-progress. You can track the commits at: https://github.com/gmarkall/android_device_ideapad_a1/tree/ics

The source release will be pretty helpful in getting it built - it's quite hard to get CM9 to boot up on the A1 at the moment! There's not been any posts on XDA as we don't have anything releaseable in a nice package yet - I thought about starting a dev thread, but they tend to get polluted with a huge number of non-dev posts over there, so I decided not to bother.

There could be other improvements made with the kernel sources - I'm loathe to personally commit to saying I'll be working on anything in particular, since I have so little free time these days, unfortunately. It's my dream to fix up the wifi driver so that it works properly in suspend/resume, but that may never happen.

amjl2000
Punch Card
Views: 705
Message 13 of 14

Thanks Mr Markall,

non-dev posts? on xda? surely not Smiley Wink

I hope no one pressures you (or Milaq, who I should have mentioned as being of the same God-like status as yourself) to do anything.. if I didn't have a million and one things on my own to-do list I'd be learning the android lingo and jumping in myself!

bejay
Fanfold Paper
Views: 555
Message 14 of 14

Bump, any news on this yet?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors