Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marekjk1
Punch Card
Views: 1,778
Message 11 of 44

Re: 829 update now available

Well.... I am at a loss for words.  The good news is that the update worked.  The bad news is that it broke countless apps and reinstalled ALL of the preloaded TRASH that was originally on my tablet.  A good number I got working again by deleting and reinstalling.  With documents to go I tried to clear cache but it didn't fix the problem.  I am afraid this was the final straw.  It is too late to send this thing back but I am never buying a Lenovo product again.  I am just so fed up with this.....

why_14
Punch Card
Views: 1,775
Message 12 of 44

I know how you feel.....I was seriously going to go find my receipt and check the return policy if the reinstall didn't work. Plus Toshiba just announcedthe thinnest Android tablet....
shagpot
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,761
Message 13 of 44

Well, i've installed the update. Bad news is that it broke every app i had installed. I've had to reinstall all my apps, but they seem to be running fine. It's too early to judge if it has fixed the wake from sleep and reboot issues. I'm hoping it does so i won't have to buy another luancher off the app market.
shagpot
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,754
Message 14 of 44

Well, that didn't take long. It didn't wake from sleep. :-(
Danny_G
Punch Card
Views: 1,751
Message 15 of 44

I started to do the update and something told me to leave well enough alone...plus i dont like the way it wipes all my data. So since my tablet has been working good on 725, i will stay put until they get a well tested working update
Danny_G
Punch Card
Views: 1,749
Message 16 of 44

They cant force the update can they.
marekjk1
Punch Card
Views: 1,737
Message 17 of 44

Danny_G, this update won't wipe everything you have.  The first update they had when these tablets first came out was apparently a unique situation.  

Anyway, I have a funny feeling that Lenovo will abandon these puppies soon.  It doesn't look like sales are going too well as Amazon has slashed the price to 450 and everything else on the website is outselling the Lenovo K1.  So, I doubt there will be a second generation ideapad slate and in a few months these things will be in the $99 dollar bucket.  We've all been duped.  At this point I am becoming disgruntled.

I wish we could get a version of Honeycomb that is not adulterated by Lenovo.  In addition, Honeycomb 3.2 has been out for weeks and there is no sign of it coming to the K1.  When I saw "update available"  this morning I just naturally assumed it was being updated to 3.2.  So, what I am trying to say is that when Ice Cream Sandwich finally comes out, I wonder if we will get it in a timely manner if we get it at all.  

jasoneisert
Punch Card
Views: 1,718
Message 18 of 44

So far this update has been going good. I have removed almost all of the preloaded software and have not had a wake issue nor a reboot. I am wondering is the wake and reboot issues have something to do with one of the preloaded applications. I am hoping that we get 3.2 soon and that ice cream sandwich comes to the k1 as well.
shagpot
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,709
Message 19 of 44

So far the update has been working well. I've only had an issue once just after the update, but since then it's woken up when it's supposed to.
Former Administrator
Views: 1,692
Message 20 of 44

markekjk1,

This is a first generation product for us, but there is no doubt that tablets are a fast growing and important segment of the market, in some ways perhaps even more so than netbooks were several years ago.

Lenovo, like other manufacturers, routinely takes price actions - we do  so on many laptops and desktops and I think it's a pretty drastic leap to translate a $50 price cut into a prognostication of $99 blow out and exit from the market.

I understand that you are a bit frustrated with some of the early quirks and I had hoped this 0829 release would have been a bit smoother.  I'm very interested to see the reactions and experiences from others and will run the update myself shortly.  We will continue to feed your experiences and feedback to our development team. 

Best regards,

Mark

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors