Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crestwood36
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,249
Message 31 of 44

Re: 829 update now available

Can anyone confirm if the Google Video chat issue has been corrected? I'll have a chance to test out tonight, but figured I'd check with the community.

No USB charge is a pain, but if I can't chat with my family with this thing it's going back.
ankshah
Punch Card
Views: 1,244
Message 32 of 44

So I just did the 829 update on Saturday. 

Mark I followed your lead and reset my lenovo and than updated to 829; it registered within the second try. I had to apply all my settings, apps and passwords again but it went smoother and took me a 45 mins max since it seems to be much more stable now.

The WiFi response rate has improved the download/upload speeds but not parallel to my other devices or my brothers Ipad. It should still be able to react at 11 Mbps only occurs at certain locations or hotspots. I am still using the ADW Launcher as I have adjusted and trust that more than the original launcher.

Mark, thanks to the dev team for working hard and getting an update out, I def am appreciative of it, as its not an embarassment to carry this investment around anymore. I hope that continuous efforts are put to supporting the K1 community and hopefully you can feed off our feedback.

wordnerd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,237
Message 33 of 44

YES! What is this? I'm getting it too. Most things require a force close now. Netflix is hosed. What does this mean? I am trying to love this tablet but right now...not so much. Smiley Sad Ideas on how to fix this and what it means?
jbarb
What's DOS?
Views: 1,222
Message 34 of 44

I've had my K1 for about two weeks now, so it must be too late for a refund. If it wasn't, I'd probably be sending it back by now. The 829 update didn't really help much, since my tab still doesn't wake up from a sleep state, and the pre-loaded apps are generally broken. I did install the ADW Launcher, and that helped out with the sleekness factor, but it didn't help with the waking up problem...unfortunately. I hope Lenovo gets to the bottom of this.

why_14
Punch Card
Views: 1,221
Message 35 of 44

Unfortunately the only way is to go into settings-> Applications-> manage applications and then select the apps that are crashing, select "clear data" and "uninstall".  You'll then have to reinstall these one by one via the marketplace.

As for the issue with Lenovo IME, you'll have to disable the Lenovo IME keyboard.  Again, settings->Language&input->configure input methods and then uncheck "Lenovo IME"

I know what you mean....Smiley Sad good luck

ankshah
Punch Card
Views: 1,217
Message 36 of 44

Crestwood Google video chat issue has been /fixed and works efficiently. Let me know how it goes on your end.
crestwood36
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,207
Message 37 of 44

Nope. The audio is higher, but the microphone still sucks. I eventually gave up and went to my PC.

For the record, the mic is still picking up the person on the other side and barely pics me up. I have to get so close to the tablet that the camera only shows part of my face.

I'm processing the return paperwork with Amazon right now. If I can't use a core feature of this tablet, it's useless to me.
wordnerd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,203
Message 38 of 44

Re: Netflix - I've tried clearing, uninstalling, rebooting. Nothing works. It just refuses to connect. Some of the other apps are working again but some are still crashing. I wish I could either just wipe it all out and start over but would hate to lose the money on apps. One of the only things that helped me try to give this a chance was at least when I got frustrated, I could stream movies or tv. Gah! Maybe it is a coincidence that it stopped working after the update. I'll pretend to believe that.
dalyew
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,173
Message 39 of 44

My update went through on first try but had to be patient as at times it seems the process was stuck. I was very tempted at times to reboot when it seems nothing was happening but hung in there till the process was completed & the k1 got back to the login screen. Since the update, much better wifi signal, no more random reboots, not sure if it's faster but definitely not slower either & all apps seem to be working fine. Have had the stock browser close randomly but have done it on only one particular website so I'm not sure if it's the browser or something with that site.Btw,update took about 40minutes. I too was having doubts about this tablet as I got it on launch day but persisted based on Mark's updates & responses. This update seems to be what I was finally waiting for & so far so good. We are lucky to have this tablet, an ipad 2 & an HP touchpad in my household & I can finally feel content with my k1 purchase, if only I can find a decent case for it now.
r7liph
Paper Tape
Views: 1,160
Message 40 of 44

This reply is from Hong Kong

Got the update 2 days ago and got the same apps FC problems like others but didn't have the icon display issue.

build number: K1_A301_02_02_110826_HK

Link to picture

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors