05-13-2012 06:22 PM - edited 05-14-2012 07:43 AM
help please. I wanna calibrate the touch screen and I get failed touch calibration. my tablet is lenovo ideapad a1 7 "
accidentally Oppressed the touch calibration and restart the tablet, but is now very sencible and just bring my finger is selected. I can not hardly touch the screen
sorry for my English.'m Latino
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-16-2012 10:40 AM
It's hard to understand what you're asking - the directions for calibrating the touchscreen are:
1. Power off the tablet
2. Boot into recovery by holding down "volume down" whilst holding down the power key.
3. Keep volume down held until a menu entitled "Android System Recovery <3e>" appears.
4. Use the volume up/down keys to navigate the menu. When "touch calibration" is highlighted, press the power key to select it.
5. Put the tablet down and don't touch the screen.
6. When calibration is finished, the tablet will power off
7. Power the tablet back on again.
If you have problems with any of these steps, please post back with a description of which step you were trying to do and what happened when you tried.
05-17-2012 10:06 AM
Hello thebryan and welcome to community,
Kindly try the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.
1. With unit off, press the on/off button while holding the up volume button
2. Wait until it boots
3. Using the down volume button scroll down to the calibrate screen
4. Tap the on/off button to start the sequence
5. Keep your fingers off the screen until it completes (about 15 seconds or so)
05-21-2012 02:16 PM - last edited on 05-21-2012 02:19 PM by andyP
I am having the same issue with an unresponsive touchscreen. I followed the instructions several times. The message I keep getting is calibration failed. I do not think anything is going to work at this point. What are the instructions for returning the Lenovo A1 or getting the tablet to an authorized service repair person. I would like to keep the unit if I can get it repaired and operational again. Please help. This is a relatively new purchase and before it malfunctioned I was very happy and recommending it to everyone.
Moderator Note; personal information edited for member's own protection
07-18-2012 07:10 AM
help please i tuned on my ideapad a1 and the touch screen does not work what should i do
Follow the steps outlined by tanujhanda two or three posts prior to this one.