Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ReeseTab2A10
Paper Tape
Views: 306
Message 1 of 3

A10-70 Rotation Issues

I don't remember this happening before.

1. I am holding the tablet horizontally while on the home screen.

2. I tap to open either Facebook or Instagram 

3. When the app opens it immediately rotates 90 degrees to the left and stays in that position no matter how I turn the  tablet.

4. I have restarted the tablet, turned it off and back on and have done a factory reset all to no avail.

5. How do I correct this?

Thanks / Reese

I2k4
802.11n
Views: 296
Message 2 of 3

Re: A10-70 Rotation Issues

Googling indicates locking "portrait" view is an app developer decision (fault) not a problem with the Android setting.  Lots of apps give a choice to lock "portrait" versus "landscape" or just let the app rotate, it may be these force "portrait" or the setting is buried in the app's own menus.  Or the solution might be to install a third-party rotation manager and override forced Facebook and Instagram settings:

https://www.phonearena.com/news/How-to-force-landscape-or-portrait-mode-in-apps-like-Instagram-and-o...

There are several pretty good control apps with different features, so worth testing.

Lenovo Tab4 8 - TB-8504F (ZA2B0009US) - Oreo 8.1
ReeseTab2A10
Paper Tape
Views: 268
Message 3 of 3

Re: A10-70 Rotation Issues

I woke up to the decision to use an app to control the unintended rotation to find that FB didn't rotate like it had but unfortunately Instagram still does . . . oh well, will still visit that control app. Thanks for the help.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors