795 Signins

28316 Page Views

• Views: 28316
  • Message 41 of 59

Re: A2109 - Updated ClockworkMod Recovery for Jelly Bean

2013-01-06, 8:24 AM

wrote:

After i read your guidance - 2 more questions:

1) During all the process - can i avoid from using the adb and just use the regular way - powering on and tapping Vol+ immediately  ???

Accessing to "Adb" can be done with the PC's  CMD (Run-> CMD)?

2) From all the wipes you'v mentioned only the "Dalvik Cache" ... what about the

* "wipe data/factory reset".

* "wipe cache partition".

I need to do them all, or ONLY  what you said -"Dalvik Cache"?

If do, are they supposed to be done together with Dalvik Cache in stage N.5 ?

Thanks very much,,,

1)  Yes you can use the Vol+ method.

2)  "Wipe Dalvik Cache' is under the Advanced menu in CWM.  You only need to wipe the dalvik cache if you updating from MCL0103 to MCL0201.

Options

76 Posts

11-24-2012

Israel

190 Signins

1283 Page Views

• Views: 1283
  • Message 42 of 59

2013-01-06, 8:29 AM

Great!

So i will...

* Use the Powering ON and Vol+.

* From all the wipes i will use -  ONLY the "Wipe Dalvik Cache" (under Advanced).

* First - i flash the ROM (MCL 201.zip) and only at the end the CWM 6.0.1.9d.img.

Suddenly sounds much easier :smileyvery-happy:

But i still another question:

In stage 8+9 (on the "private" guidance that FloRider summarized for me) FloRider wrote:

8) After the system updates, boot into fastboot mode.  The best way to do this is to type 'adb reboot bootloader' on your PC while running JB.

9) When fastboot mode loads, give it a second for your PC to recognize your tablet.  You can tell by typing 'fastboot devices'.

But...i want to do it WITHOUT the Adb...So what do i have to do here if i'm using without the Adb?

Both of the ROM & CWM should be placed on the internal memory?

Thank you all for been so patience!!!

You've been helped me so much!

Options

325 Posts

10-04-2012

United States

777 Signins

4689 Page Views

• Views: 4689
  • Message 43 of 59

2013-01-07, 19:48 PM

wrote:

Great!

So i will...

* Use the Powering ON and Vol+.

* From all the wipes i will use -  ONLY the "Wipe Dalvik Cache" (under Advanced).

* First - i flash the ROM (MCL 201.zip) and only at the end the CWM 6.0.1.9d.img.

Suddenly sounds much easier :smileyvery-happy:

But i still another question:

In stage 8+9 (on the "private" guidance that FloRider summarized for me)  wrote:

8) After the system updates, boot into fastboot mode.  The best way to do this is to type 'adb reboot bootloader' on your PC while running JB.

9) When fastboot mode loads, give it a second for your PC to recognize your tablet.  You can tell by typing 'fastboot devices'.

But...i want to do it WITHOUT the Adb...So what do i have to do here if i'm using without the Adb?

Both of the ROM & CWM should be placed on the internal memory?

Thank you all for been so patience!!!

You've been helped me so much!

1. Your process is exactly right.
  2. You can boot into fastboot with power + volume down.  There have been issues with this working with 4.0.4.  Wait a few seconds and type 'fastboot devices'.  If you don't see '?     fastboot', you will probably have to get into fastboot by typing 'adb reboot fastboot' while the tablet is booted.  With fastboot and adb, of course you will have to be connected to the PC.
  3. You will have to boot the tablet, with it connected, to copy the files to your tablet.  So you might as well use adb to reboot into fastboot mode after copying the files.
  4. Copy the ROM to your microsd card.  CWM stays on your PC.  You flash it to the tablet with fastboot.

Please follow my directions.  This thread is exhausting me.  If you have problems after following my simple directions, I suggest you return to your friend who flashed the tablet for you previously.

Good luck.

Options

76 Posts

11-24-2012

Israel

190 Signins

1283 Page Views

• Message 44 of 59

2013-01-07, 20:51 PM

So it might be possible that i won't be able to use the method of power + volume down and to connect the tab' to the PC?

As i not with the stock recovery - i will need to use only by power + volume down ???

In order to have the Adb on my PC and to do the process via my PC - i will have to Install the drivers (as it not the pc that used for the rom changing) from "Unlocking the A2109 Bootloader"?

If after rebooting my A2109 into the bootloader (power on + volume down) i will see this on my screen:

"Starting Fastboot USB download protocol"  -  that means i can just install the updated rom + new recovery safely from the Tab' without connect it to the computer?

I just looking to make it as simple as it can...minimum commands, minmum tools involved.

FloRider - i really appreciate your time and your help...but if that exhausting you - please leave it to someone else...

The reason that i need it to be as simple as it can be - my functional memory is bad (after brain surgery)...so that thats way i need it in 1-2-3 , thats way i prefer to do it with minimum of involved tools (such as cmd-adb commands, drivers...). 

Thanks!

P.S: power + volume down is to access the B.L...what is the power + volume up 

Options

76 Posts

11-24-2012

Israel

190 Signins

1283 Page Views

• Message 45 of 59

2013-01-15, 22:53 PM

wrote:

The ROM is the zip file.

Both custom ROMs include root.

There are two versions of the recovery:

Use 6.0.1.9c if you are currently running ICS.

Use 6.0.1.9d if you are currectly running JB.

Meaning:  If you're trying to upgrade from an ICS ROM to a JB ROM, use 6.0.1.9c for the update, then install 6.0.1.9d after for future updates or ROM changes.

After completly understanding the instructios - i found MCL630's answer to me (see below):

If understand you, i DO NOT need to flash 6.0.1.9d too (O-N-L-Y  6.0.1.9c).

Only when i will like to update to a newr J.B version - only then i will have to flash the "version"...

And i finaly (hope so) understoud the way to flash a Rom+Recovery.img!

1. Copy platform-tools folder from  "adt-bundle-windows-x86.zip‬"  into accessible location (such as Desktop).

2. Copy the recovery IMG into platform-tools folder (that will be at the same folder with Adb.exe+Fastboot.exe).

platform-tools folder.jpg 

3. Connect tablet to PC -> go to Device manager -> locate the tablet (with yellow mark) and click update driver -> locate this file devcon(from i386).

*** What if after connecting the TAB - there isnt a yellow mark in device manager? ***

מנהל התקנים לנובו טאב.jpg

4. Copy MCL201 ZIP to tablet memory -> luanch the CWM -> wipe dalvik cache -> Install zip from sdcard.

Install PC driver

5. Into platform-tools folder - right click + shift to open the CMD. 

6. In the CMD that i open'd - start writing (or copy-paste) the commands into the CMD:

- fastboot flash recovery A2109_CWMrecovery-6.0.1.9d.img

In respond, i need to see: 
sending 'recovery' (6326 KB)... OKAY [ 1.096s]
writing 'recovery'... OKAY [ 0.448s]
finished. total time: 1.545s

- fastboot reboot

Reboot & Immediately start tapp the Volume Up until the tablet's screen says "Booting Android Recovery".
that will finish the process.

Am i right? 

Options

325 Posts

10-04-2012

United States

777 Signins

4689 Page Views

• Views: 4689
  • Message 46 of 59

2013-01-16, 0:15 AM

Yes.  That's it.  Glad we could help.

Options

76 Posts

11-24-2012

Israel

190 Signins

1283 Page Views

• Message 47 of 59

2013-01-16, 7:26 AM

It rational that i have the driver installed and i dont need to update it as it mentioned in the guides?

In the device manager, i have "A2109" but without the yellow mark(!) ... (see added screenshot on my last post)

What could be the reason that...

In 1 computer i can't access the CMD after holding SHIFT + Right click inside "platform-tools" ....  and in other PC (with the same OS) i can load it?

I need to install the ROM (via CWM without PC involved) BEFORE the Recovery.img flashing?

P.S:

1) exexpt of "oem-usb" driver - i need any other drivers?

2) Regarding the Recovery.img versions: there is "C" type  &  "D" type. 

3) If i'm on ICS 4.0.4 .... want to upgrade to new JB...in which from the two do i need to use? in "C"  or  "D"?

I will need within all process to flash ONE recovery, right?

4) Another thing - the Lenovo's version of fastboot (not the one from the android sdk) - where can i find it?

I havent found it...

I'm so happy that i finaly understand it!

Thanks for all your help!

Here is the PC that i have this option...in my HOME PC...for some reason - i dont have it.

open command window here.jpg

Options

76 Posts

11-24-2012

Israel

190 Signins

1283 Page Views

• Message 48 of 59

2013-01-24, 8:30 AM

O.K: i'm over it and i installed the NEW mcl rom (on JB).

I started trying flash the new CWM (end with D) by:

-Boot into bootloader mode.

-Chose in REBOOT BOOTLOADER.

-Then the tablet doing OR restart himself OR stick on a black screen with a USB yellow sign.

tUURYQUNypTlgQGGFy8hUzgc1hx7ImkiOiAiKjU0MzQzQkIzMzEyNCIsICJjIjogImltYWdlL2pwZWciLCAidiI6IDEsICJuIjogImVpbmF2b24ifQ==.jpg

Options

1145 Posts

08-30-2012

US

795 Signins

28316 Page Views

• Views: 28316
  • Message 49 of 59

2013-01-25, 4:55 AM

Don't choose anything on the tablet.

Leave it at the menu with "Continue", "Reboot Bootloader", etc.

Fastboot should work there.

Lenovo's version of fastboot is in:

C:\Program files\Lenovo\LeTools  on 32-bit windows, or

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\LeTools  on 64-bit windows

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/lenovo-ideatab-a2109-development/52434-howto-unlocking-bootloader-windows.html

Options

79 Posts

12-23-2012

US

203 Signins

1697 Page Views

• Views: 1697
  • Message 50 of 59

2013-01-28, 14:38 PM

At least for me...I've given up on trying to 'root' my A2109 tablet, the bad thing about it is I've downloaded all of the 'suggested' tool's to get this done.

A1-USB-Driver  ,  A2109_CWMrecovery-6.0.1.9d  ,  LeTools_MultiLang_x86_x64_Full_setup_20320  ,  Superuser.apk.

Why O Why ??

David :manfrustrated:

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete