Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
Message 1 of 49 (155,375 Views)

Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for Lenovo tablets

Why didn't Lenovo just skip Lollipop and go straight to Marshmallow instead of delivering Lollipop a year behind schedule? Even now, Lenovo hasn't bothered to update the Lenovo upgrade matrix list (it seems that it was last updated December 2015). We have been anxiously waiting for a delivery date for the next OTA push for the Marshmallow update for tablets with nothing to refer to except the occasional Lenovo staff who carefully knit-picks the questions that they want to respond to on this forum! We should be more informed as Lenovo customers because if Asus, Nexus, Sony and Huwaei and Samsung and all the other manufacturers can simply promise and deliver updates then surely Lenovo can to.

Since my Lenovo Tab S8-50 is finally running the first version of Android 5.0 with a 2015 security patch (considering we are already in April 2016), its decent 64bit Intel based quad core 1.86 GHz CPU and 2Gb RAM should have no problem with Marshmallow. Therefore, I ask Lenovo one question:

When will the Lenovo Tab S8-50 (and all Lenovo tablets capable of running Marshmallow) receive the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update over the air?

I urge Lenovo to put aside their financial agendas, stop prioritising Lenovo phone handsets, inform us about Tablet OS updates and immediately assign their technical staff to push Marshmallow on these devices. We demand confirmations for all tablet models and scheduled delivery dates. The hardware in the Tab S8-50 is more than sufficient to run Marshmallow smoothly and Lenovo has a corporate responsibility to its customers for obvious security reasons, that customers should receive the latest version of Android as feasibly possible. If other companies can do it, then Lenovo should too if they want to avoid losing customers.

Serial Port
Message 2 of 49 (153,760 Views)

Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for Lenovo tablets

S8 50lc is their highest model apart yoga which is not at all carriable easily and they are not showing any importance to it and they are giving updates of M to silly models like a 7000. 

Their developers are nuts and due this kind of treatment, we can better avoid this brand permentelly 

Highlighted
Paper Tape
Message 3 of 49 (153,545 Views)

I have a Tab 2 A10-70, and I would like an update to Marshmallow, as well.

Thank you,

Fanfold Paper
Message 4 of 49 (153,344 Views)

Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for Lenovo tablets [S8-50]

[S8-50LC]

Soon Marshmallow will be things of past too as Android N is about to step in. Lenovo least can tell us whether S8-50 series will have upgrades to Android 6.0 or not. Dates can be communicated later.

@Lenovo-plz let us know your thought on the same.

@All-I suggest tweeting to lenovo as well requesting their take on Marshmellow & Android N for S8-50 series.

Paper Tape
Message 5 of 49 (152,309 Views)

I have tab2 A7-10f (adam) and i would like to know if there going to be an update to marshmallow as well. 

Serial Port
Message 6 of 49 (152,207 Views)

[ Edited ]

Lenovo forum moderators will be sitting back at their desks laughing at the comments about customer requests to receive later versions of Android

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules. No campaigning.

Community SuperMod
Message 7 of 49 (152,153 Views)

colmvd wrote:

Lenovo forum moderators will be sitting back at their desks laughing at the comments about customer requests to receive later versions of Android

Moderator comment: None of the moderators are Lenovo employees. We are volunteers (and also customers) who help maintain a civil and constructive place for customers of Lenovo products and services to share their experiences and knowledge with one another. Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
X1Carbon3 X1Tablet2 Helix1 X220 X301 X200T T61p T60p TPStack Yoga910 Yoga900S
TPYoga12 T520 T420 T510 T400 R400 T61 Yoga900 Yoga3Pro Yoga2Pro Yoga13

I am not a Lenovo employee

Serial Port
Message 8 of 49 (151,927 Views)

So what can we do about Lenovo dropping support thereby leaving tablet customers in a total vacuum devoid of Android updates without being informed at all while all other manufacturers (at least the majority) provide Android updates?? Would you kindly inform me of whats going on? I am also frustrated that if this is all true, I won't be able to install CyanogenMod since CM mods don't support Lenovo products... Thanks in advance
Punch Card
Message 9 of 49 (150,552 Views)

It seems like Google may apply more pressure to get updates out a bit faster.  This article is about phones, but it would also apply for tablets:

LINK

What's DOS?
Message 10 of 49 (149,012 Views)

In either of the cases, if you can't push Lenovo to update the dates and satisfy their customers, what is the use of having  forums too. Kenobi should at least update the dates for these upgrades. Can we know what are the steps moderators have taken so far in this regard?

Top kudoed Authors