cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Views: 8,987
Message 11 of 138

Re: Android update roadmaps for Lenovo tablets and phones

The S8-50 is too new to be on that list.  For now it only lists upgrades that have already happened.  Hopefully soon they'll add information about upgrades to come.

I'd bet the S8 and Yoga 2 tablets will get Android 5.0.  I'd also bet the older tablets won't, except maybe the Yoga 10 HD+.

bashar_shboul
What's DOS?
Views: 8,915
Message 12 of 138

I don't know in which universe this is a roadmap but let me say this:

Till this moment i was a big fan of Lenovo as i was previously a big fan of Dell. My first smart phone was a dell streak 5, which i really liked alot. One of the things that forced me to abandon it was the lack of tech support. Now here we are again and again. Your tech support sucks, and you don't really care what people want. People here have been asking for an update since last year and no one was responding and now you try to sell us this .....

A way to help us (fooled customers) maybe, i offer recieving the source from you, do the update myself with your device drivers, compile it and put it to anyone who wants for free. If you read till this part i should be waiting for your reply on my email soon.

Too bad i decided a couple of weeks ago i was going to buy lenovo vibe x, now after seeing your "roadmap" i don't regret i didn't do it.

mike0130
Punch Card
Views: 8,831
Message 13 of 138

Totally agree. It was a mistake to trust in Lenovo.

harry66
SCSI Port
Views: 8,829
Message 14 of 138

The initial post is misleading because the thing is a not a Roadmap - it is a current status clarification statement.

To be honest, when I bought my A8 on a special offer recently I was not expecting much in way of updates, given the age of the device. But, I was pleasantly surprised with the number of updates that were awaiting me once I connected to Wifi. 

I have been a long time Thinkpad laptop user and IBM/Lenovo have been great when it comes to drivers for older laptops and newer OS.

So, all things being equal I am hopeful that Lenovo will provide firmware and Android updates for the current range of tablets such as the S8 etc.

mike0130
Punch Card
Views: 8,623
Message 15 of 138

My 1 year old LG 8.3 GPE tablet yesterday got a 5.0 Lolipop update. Everything went smooth as expected. Good timing and good money value. You pay money- you got best service.

I have Lenovo 8080 tablet too. Well, as a customer, I have questions. Are they working now on 4.4.4 update? Do not think so. Are they working on 5.0 update? Have no idea. Why no idea? Because they are not saying to the customer that they love him. They already got your money, now they can ignore you and your dreams. Or even more: they have a few "new" models! They already forgot they had a couple of "old" models a year ago.

With LG it was easy to predict- you get an update approx. 1-2 weeks after Nexus models got it. They also have a forum, where OS update not concidered as "strategic secret" that should be kept as a top secret informatin.

Hey, Lenovo! We're asking not about nuclear bomb, the question was about update for a tablet!

matinee55
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,616
Message 16 of 138

my 2/3 year old asus nexus (2012 ist gen) got L5 last week & nexus 5 lg same time.

Samsung, LG Asus unually good to go to

Lenovo - GOOD LUCK

Sorry I laid eyes on Lenovo & waiting for a ROM to get as far away from lennie sw as possible

dmarshal17
Punch Card
Views: 7,565
Message 17 of 138

The link at the front of the post was updated a couple days ago with some Lolipop information.

Still wondering why the S8-50F is not listed anywhere...but I digress...

skarpass
Punch Card
Views: 7,485
Message 18 of 138

I guess update will be after one year

kiankasaei
Paper Tape
Views: 6,952
Message 19 of 138

Hi sir,

about a year ago I've bought an a3000 and after I upgraded it to 4.2.2 I had'nt seen any other OS updates! I know Many people around, having this tab and really want an OS UPDATE! Why don't you a least prepear an 4.3 update? I'm really thinking about selling my tab. Please answer as soon as you can.

Tnx for reading

kiankasaei
Paper Tape
Views: 6,950
Message 20 of 138

I know what you're saying man! Almost most of old tablets at least has an 4.3 or 4.4 update now. And that's while my A3000 even does'nt have an 4.3!!! If they don't prepear an update, I'm gonna sell it! And lenovo, I ensure you that you'll go broke (At least about tablets) if you continue doing nothing about the OS!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors