Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prrowe00
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,609
Message 41 of 132

Re: Android update roadmaps for Lenovo tablets and phones

Road map show July 2015 for the S8-50, My calendar shows August 12th.

Atomant02
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,444
Message 42 of 132

Same here - waiting for the Lollipop upgrade for my Tab S8-50F... another few days and and August will be done... I guess that Lenovo will wait untill the last day of August to push the update since the Roadmap states that it will be available in August, 2015... A nice table but starting to wish I bought the Acer instead...

piv25
Paper Tape
Views: 4,346
Message 43 of 132

Very disappointing to see that products released a year ago and that are still on the market won't get any update to Lollipop. I have a S6000, a A8-50 A5500 and just bought a A7-10 A7600. The A7-10 is still unboxed so it will go back to the seller.

Not sure that Lenovo will last long with such support, especially as companies like mine stops dealing with Lenovo because of the rootkits on laptops.

TomKatt
Token Ring
Views: 4,131
Message 44 of 132

Here's my take on this...

Lenovo seems at least average if not better in it's offering of Android updates...  Cheap no-name tablets almost certainly never get anything, and even companies like Asus never updated my Memopad FHD10, so I'd say Lenovo is better than most.

Many reputable companies have had PR blunders of one form or another...  In the scheme of things I still trust Lenovo for quality products over many others.  If you were to write off every company who had a major screwup, your choice of selection would be pretty thin.  

Ironically, there seems to be more folks looking to revert back from Lollipop to KitKat than there are folks looking to upgrade.  KitKat is a good OS and you could do worse.  Also, one of the risks of purchasing a non-Nexus device are whether you'll get updates or not..  But even Nexus devices aren't without issues or value per dollar.

Indetrucks
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,085
Message 45 of 132

This is true... I was going to wait for the new Nvidia Tab2 to come out but I still have not heard a peep about it. There is also a huge recall on their Tab 1 for battery fires and that is only a year old tablet. That recall is what made me decide to get this Lenovo.

nfigot
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,008
Message 46 of 132

Hello Lenovo,

I am curious as a new owner of a Tab 2 A10-70F can you tell us about any plans to update the 5.01 to 5.1.1 with recent bug and security fixes.  I know it has 5.01, but don't see any mention of plans to do the next update to fix the issues with 5.01.  I haven't had the wifi issues some report, but know they do exist and seem to have mostly gone away on other devices when 5.1.1 was implemented.  I do have the terrible battery life (lost 50% overnight with tablet screen off all but 1 hour or so) that is also a symptom of 5.01 on numerous devices again reported mostly fixed by the 5.1.1 update.

So far enjoying the upgrade from my Nexus 7 2013 tablet.

Neil

Acerelite
SCSI Port
Views: 3,888
Message 47 of 132

The Lollipop for Lenovo Tab 2 A7-30" GC" was released a MONTH AGO, But NOBODY received any Update for "GC"  

Please Do Some Action! 

Thanks,

Atomant02
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,573
Message 48 of 132

Here we are midway through September and almost at the end of Third Quarter... Lollipop was already pushed back from 2nd to 3rd Quarted for my Tab S8-50F... Hope it doesn't get pushed back again. If it does I will be looking for a custom ROM... hopefully some one else has been working on this to get around Lenovo's shortcomings... The ONLY reasons I purchased this tablet were the hardware specs to price ratio and the fact that it is supposed to able to run Lollipop (if it ever gets released)...

Aestylis
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,494
Message 49 of 132

The information in the roadmap looks to be outdated too. Lenovo should keep this current if they are hoping to make it a goodwill point of reference for the community.

Edit: For clarity, I do see that the document was recently updated, but devices that are already on Lollipop still have an "update by" date. This list should clarify by removing the "by" date, and possibly listing the latest sub-version (EG: 5.0.1) and maybe even the update name as well (EG: T2-A7-10F_S041_150112_ROW). I can only HOPE for Lenovo to take the time and list whether or not any future updates may be coming with dates, but I don't expect it to ever happen as that info is typically only privvy to developers inside the business.

prrowe00
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,130
Message 50 of 132

Roadmap, S8-50 update in September.

Current date 2 October.

Roadmap is wrong.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors