Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielenick89
What's DOS?
Views: 132
Message 1 of 2

Factory resetting an M10 tablet - the hard way

So I bought this tablet from Lenovo, it's an M10, exact model is TB-X505F (71). I bought it to use it with my new Roland digital piano. After some days of happy usage, the system asked to install an android upgrade and I did. After that, the Roland app stopped working, making the tablet quite useless for me. The fault is probably on the app developer side, which doesn't support android latest version, but of course I'd like to roll back to the previous firmware when things were working fine.

So I went to the settings and did a factory reset. No luck, android version stayed the same, the upgraded one.

Then I tried booting into recovery mode, do a factory reset from there (wipe partition & cache). Again, this did not revert the android version. 

The support team suggested to try the Moto Smart Assistant software which has a tool to rescue the device via flashing the original ROM. This looked like promising, but unfortunately the software seems not to be working with my device/PC: I followed the instructions, downloaded the image, connected the device, disconnected when it says so and then put it in Fast Boot mode, but when the software is trying to put the image on the device it just stays on the 'Downloading recovery file to the phone' phase and doesn't move until after several minutes when it just says 'Fail'. Meanwhile the tablet is showing the fast boot screen but doesn't change the whole time. I suspect the tablet isn't receiving anything from the PC. The device is also correctly (as far as I can understand from the green badge on the icon tray) recognized by Windows 7.

Any suggestions?

Is maybe there somewhere a ROM I can try to flash "manually" from the SD card or adb? 

Thank you in advance.

PS. I also already complained with Roland, but I guess that fixing the app will take longer than doing something on my side.

Highlighted
Guru
Views: 58
Message 2 of 2

Re: Factory resetting an M10 tablet - the hard way

Hey,

Resetting the phone will not revert the OS version. FOr flashing firmware, make sure your data cable is working fine, all drivers are installed, Antivirus and firewalls are turned off ( Sometimes they interfere with data transfer )

Regards,
Amal

If I helped you HIT KUDOS

If I solved Your issue Mark it as Solution                                                                                               

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors