Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ddscentral
Fanfold Paper
Views: 782
Message 1 of 7

GPL code request: COMPLETE kernel source for Tab4 Plus 10 TB-X704L

I need buildable kernel source for Linux 3.18 kernel used in TB-X704L (and apparently some TF-X704 models).

Kernel code in provided open source distributions tb_x704v_osc_201710.rar and tab4_10_att_osc_nov10.rar is incomplete and not buildable. 

Please send a proper tar.gz archive with COMPLETE kernel sources for this tablet (preferrably including defconfigs).

dwm_
Paper Tape
Views: 193
Message 2 of 7

Re: GPL code request: COMPLETE kernel source for Tab4 Plus 10 TB-X704L

hey. can you describe which dependencies are needed to proper build the kernerl and the OSS files?

Iam relly annonyed to recover my tab4 x704L by myself and this is maybe the thing i need to reflash STOCK FW.

THANK YOU Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

ddscentral
Fanfold Paper
Views: 165
Message 3 of 7

Other devs have already reconstructed the TB-X704F/L kernel from Qualcomm and Lenovo sources. LineageOS 15 Oreo and 16 Pie ROMs are available for the TB-X704F and L models.

I have LineageOS 16 installed on my TB-X704L and it runs faster than the stock FW. Fully stable, no issues whatsoever.

Don't want to post links here, Google for "TB-X704L lineageos 16". Kernel and device trees are available.

dwm_
Paper Tape
Views: 162
Message 4 of 7

hey ddscentral,

thank you for answering my post. 

I've heard Lineage OS isn't compatible with Netflix, is this true 'cause of unlocked bootloader.

Iam dialysis patient and need my tab4 plus 10 for netflix up to 3 days a week, please note.

I was just asking too...

ddscentral
Fanfold Paper
Views: 158
Message 5 of 7

Sorry to hear about you...

Yes, Netflix DRM isn't custom ROM or unlocked bootloader tolerant at all. Blame Hollywood and their draconian DRM policies.

I didn't make any backups of the stock FW before flashing Lineage OS and AFAIK Lenovo does not offer any firmware downloads or any other ways of reflashing stock firmware from scratch.

I don't use Netflix so I personally don't really care about whether it works on my device or not.

Highlighted
dwm_
Paper Tape
Views: 139
Message 6 of 7

"Yes, Netflix DRM isn't custom ROM or unlocked bootloader tolerant at all. Blame Hollywood and their draconian DRM policies."

yes, okay. i have to work with it :C

"and AFAIK Lenovo does not offer any firmware downloads or any other ways of reflashing stock firmware from scratch."

thats half and double-true. but of course lenovo offers the sources.

so if i understand right, it is impossible to reflash origin lenovo firmware by myself without using the sources?

**bleep**, so many time so less mind :/

ddscentral
Fanfold Paper
Views: 113
Message 7 of 7

There's no source.
Android isn't GPL, only Linux kernel and some system utilities are. Lenovo only provides (partial) sources for the Linux kernel. The rest of Android OS, including parts customized by Lenovo are Apache licensed. Apache license does not require you to share modified source code and most companies (except for Google itself for some Pixel/Nexus devices) don't share it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors