Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
WasteLandSavage
Serial Port
Views: 1,258
Message 1 of 5

Is there an bluetooth problems with ICS / Jellybean on IdeaPad A2109

Hi all: I was wondering is there any kind of problems with the bluetooth on an A2109 with it wanting to disconnect at will and being next to impossible to get it to reconnect.
I know it's a problem inheirent with ICS and on my Iconia A500 it's been driving me nuts to the point I've went back to using a mini usb keyboard wired on it. I also bought off Google Play a program called Bluetooth Keep Alive and it's help quite a bit but hasn't solved the problem completely.

This problem even happens with my bluetooth mouse but once I get it hooked up it will stay until I shut my tablet down.

The reason I was asking this before I bought my A2109 is that if I'm going to have this type of problem while I can live with it being a bit of a pain with my mouse but if even upgrading to Jellybean won't solve the problem , If the A2109 has this problem.

With having to charge it through the mini usb port, that making it next to impossible to be able to leave my wired keyboard connected while I'm using it.

I may have to look at one like a Toshiba Excite.

Unless somebody here can give me a sure fire fix or an alternitive to being able to charge it while using my wired keyboard. Thanks for your input.
Guru
Views: 1,246
Message 2 of 5

Re: Is there an bluetooth problems with ICS / Jellybean on IdeaPad A2109

I haven't used the blutooth at all myselft, but I don't think I've seen any posts regarding problems with Blutooth mice or keyboards for the A2109.  The only blutooth issue I recall reading about was with a specific brand of stereo headphones.

WasteLandSavage
Serial Port
Views: 1,243
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your quick reply.

Now for my other question and if you don't know maybe you can point me in the right direction.

IF I were to have this problem could It possible to hook the charger to a usb hub using Type A male to male usb cable, plug the cable into the hub and plug the hub into the tablet using a Micro usb adapter , allowing me to charge it while using a wired keyboard?

I've googled my brains out and can't find an answer other then it is possible in theroy. Thanks
Guru
Views: 1,234
Message 4 of 5

@WasteLandSavage wrote:
Thanks for your quick reply.

Now for my other question and if you don't know maybe you can point me in the right direction.

IF I were to have this problem could It possible to hook the charger to a usb hub using Type A male to male usb cable, plug the cable into the hub and plug the hub into the tablet using a Micro usb adapter , allowing me to charge it while using a wired keyboard?

I've googled my brains out and can't find an answer other then it is possible in theroy. Thanks

I'm pretty sure you can't connect a charger to a hub.  However, a powered hub should provide some charge to the A2109, albeit it not much.

WasteLandSavage
Serial Port
Views: 1,225
Message 5 of 5

OK that being said do you think it would be enough to keep the A2109 charged while in use?
I'm only checking out this possability in case the bluetooth is fouled up, But since you have told me you don't know of any problems I feel all this will be for pure informational purposes.
But it is worth checking out in advance. Thanks.

We're moving

To a new platform very soon

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors