Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcmanuf
Paper Tape
Views: 17,947
Message 1 of 50

Jelly bean for A2109

I have just bought the a2109 and have a strong believe that it will recieve JB, because ICS just doesn't cut it anymore. 

On an interview with a lenovo officiel on youtube it was told that it would recieve JB on november!

Any officiel in here who can confirm or deny this statement?

mashland
What's DOS?
Views: 17,849
Message 2 of 50

Re: Jelly bean for A2109

Fabulous machine, just a shame that Lenovo hasn't issued an upgrade to Jelly Bean.
Assumed Lenovo big enough and tech savvy enough to upgrade the operating system for us. Dang.
Hate to root the thing. Any word from anyone at Lenovo?  Hullo?  Hullo?

trakinao
Paper Tape
Views: 17,835
Message 3 of 50

I wish that too!!!

It is a pity that even my device been rooted, we have no JB custom rom (at least I dont know one).

Guru
Views: 17,790
Message 4 of 50

I'm still planning on trying to make a AOSP JB custom ROM, but I don't know will I'll get around to it.

I'm kinda hoping Lenovo will update it first. Smiley Wink

pirondello
Punch Card
Views: 17,755
Message 5 of 50

Betreff: Jelly bean for A2109

Isn't this the official Lenovo forum!? Can't believe no costumer service representative is giving us an answer wether there will be an JB upgrade for our device or not. Really strange behaviour. Can't understand their strategie.

Guru
Views: 17,671
Message 6 of 50

This is really a "community" forum.  Lenovo employees do occasionally respond, but I don't think they consider it "official".

From what I've seen, Lenovo typically doesn't make any promises as to which of its Android devices will get an update or when.  That said, it seems likely we'll get JB on the A2109 sooner or later, considering how recently the device came out and that it has the hardware to easily run it.  They've put out several small updates (all 4.04 ICS of course) for the device since its release, which indicates they're still developing for it.

mcmanuf
Paper Tape
Views: 17,644
Message 7 of 50

Although there has been nothing for the last 42 days or so.
But you are hopefully right.. Just too bad this device has such a small fanbase compared to other tablets, which also have their own forum thread on xda, while this one has not.
Btw your work on rooting and developing roms mcl630 is much appreciated.
FloRider
HDMI
Views: 17,622
Message 8 of 50

I know they have been working on the kernel.  I'm on my second device (I fried the first one) and I've noticed a few differences.  First, some of governor defaults have changed, and the initial values (before any changes by apps like SetCPU) are coded in the kernel.  Also, I have a new option under Display: Enable Balanced Power.  I don't know what this does, but I may get some idea once I get the source (or I could just ask Smiley Happy ).

Anyway, my kernel version is 3.1.10, which I don't think has changed, but the version number is based on standard features of the community Linux distro, so they can make all sorts of changes and they're really forced to use a specific version number.  The build date, though, is Sept 18.

BTW, check out my post regarding editing posts.  We really need to rattle the cage on this one.  I think it's a pretty big deal.

FloRider

rustedborg
What's DOS?
Views: 17,308
Message 9 of 50

New A2109 user here and long-time Lenovo user. I bought the A2109 even despite multiple negative reviews because I liked the specs and the price and I trust Lenovo to support the product. However, "supporting the product" in my opinion means making Android updates available. My wife's crummy iPad 2 can be updated to the latest version of iOS so there's ZERO reason for Lenovo no to make Jelly Bean available as an update for A2109 users. If Jelly Bean isn't available for the A2109 soon then this will be the last Android tablet that I purchase from Lenovo. I can't imagine Lenovo ever selling a ThinkPad and not making updates available, so I don't know why they haven't updated the A2109 yet.
nni123
Paper Tape
Views: 17,090
Message 10 of 50

jelly beans available for A2109

I got Android 4.1.1 on A2109 today.

Version: A2109A_A411_03_13_121126_US

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors